Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

NY21 - Stefanik - My Despicable Congresswoman

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Gift link to the Washington Post
The impenetrable armor of Elise Stefanik
Her climb through the ranks of GOP leadership in the House and embrace of Donald Trump has come at a personal cost. [Narrator: :roll:]

Opening graf:
There was a time, not long ago, when Elise Stefanik was eager to be understood, sharing parts of herself with the world, as any 30-something might, on Instagram.
Tons more at the link.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Yeah, that "personal cost" really sticks in my craw. Imagine, if you participate in an insurrection, adopt racist, homophobic, anti-woman policies, and then claim that all the accusations against your "good friend" the former guy are lies and politically motivated attacks, you might lose a friend or two.

Puff piece, IMO. Currying for access.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I've taken to referring to her as the 'Congriftwoman from New York'
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well done, sir!! Another entry into the Fogbow Lexicon and Snarksaurus!!!!

Congriftwoman :winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

crosspost

https://twitter.com/RitchieTorres/statu ... 3486416898
Ritchie Torres@RitchieTorres

Elise Stefanik knew George Santos was a fraud yet she enthusiastically endorsed him for Congress.

The House Republican leadership is complicit in the fraud Santos perpetrated against the public.

RT if you agree Elisa Stefanik can't remain silent and MUST disavow George Santos.

2:54 AM · Jan 1, 2023
CNN interview in tweet:
► Show Spoiler
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:10 am I've taken to referring to her as the 'Congriftwoman from New York'
:notworthy: :notworthy:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Stefanik Statement on Joe Biden’s Illegal Classified Documents and Weaponization of the FBI and DOJ
January 10, 2023

Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik released the following statement:

"The fact that former Vice President Joe Biden inappropriately maintained and kept classified materials at his unsecured think tank raises serious questions about national security, particularly when the documents were related to Ukraine when Biden family members were on a Ukrainian oligarch's payroll. The President has declassification authority, not the then Vice President. It is troubling that these documents were turned over to the National Archives on November 2nd, right before the midterm elections, and the corrupt Biden DOJ covered it up for two months. It is no wonder the American people do not trust the DOJ and FBI, who have targeted Joe Biden’s political opponents. This is exactly why House Republicans formed a new select committee to investigate the weaponization of the DOJ and why we will hold them accountable."
https://stefanik.house.gov/2023/1/stefa ... bi-and-doj
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:31 pm
Stefanik Statement on Joe Biden’s Illegal Classified Documents and Weaponization of the FBI and DOJ
January 10, 2023

Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik released the following statement:

"The fact that former Vice President Joe Biden inappropriately maintained and kept classified materials at his unsecured think tank raises serious questions about national security, particularly when the documents were related to Ukraine when Biden family members were on a Ukrainian oligarch's payroll. The President has declassification authority, not the then Vice President. It is troubling that these documents were turned over to the National Archives on November 2nd, right before the midterm elections, and the corrupt Biden DOJ covered it up for two months. It is no wonder the American people do not trust the DOJ and FBI, who have targeted Joe Biden’s political opponents. This is exactly why House Republicans formed a new select committee to investigate the weaponization of the DOJ and why we will hold them accountable."
https://stefanik.house.gov/2023/1/stefa ... bi-and-doj
Looks to me that Stefanik attached herself to "Truths" spread by the former guy. Nobody has public knowledge of the contents. Also too the old office of Biden was far more secure than the basement storage facility at Mar-a-Lago where everyone on the premises was free to pass and the stolen documents were kept in boxes, not locked cabinets.
tek

Post by tek »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:25 pm Looks to me that Stefanik attached herself to "Truths" speread by the former guy. Nobody has public knowledge of the contents.
This 'information' about the contents has spread far and wide..
What's that old saying? A rumor makes it halfway around the world before the truth gets its pants on?
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Again, Elise, I am an AMERICAN PEOPLE, and you sure as hell don't speak for me.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I'm sure this will curb inflation and secure our borders.

:bored:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/12/10m-rewar ... %20buttons
Elise Stefanik offers $10M bounty over Kathy Hochul bail inaction
By Carl Campanile January 12, 2023

In a prod to Gov. Kathy Hochul, Republican Rep. Elise Stefanik has introduced federal legislation that would entice New York and other states to change their laws to “hold repeat offenders accountable and bolster public safety.”

The measure — which seeks to give judges the authority to impose bail and detain dangerous defendants pending trial — would offer a federal bounty, of sorts, to states that comply.

Stefanik’s “Stop Enabling Repeat Violence and Endangering Our Communities Act” is a response to Hochul’s public safety agenda released in her State of the State address Tuesday that critics said offered little change to the controversial cashless bail reform initially passed by the Democratic-run legislature in 2019.

The Stefanik measure — backed by 10 other Republicans in the New York congressional delegation — would allow states to apply for “anti-recidivism” grants from an annual $10 million pot of money overseen by the US Justice Department over five years.

During her State of the State, Hochul said her proposal would give judges a bit more discretion in setting bail for defendants accused of serious crimes — already bailable offenses.

Critics said she glossed over the issue of recidivists such as serial shoplifters wreaking havoc on grocers and retail stores, which has been highlighted by The Post’s coverage.

“In the face of Far Left Democrats’ calls to ‘Defund the Police’ and dangerous bail reform that put more violent criminals on the street, I am proud to lead this investment in our law enforcement and strengthen public safety,” Stefanik, the House Republican Conference chairwoman, who represents the upstate North Country, told The Post.

“Far Left Albany Democrats’ reckless and dangerous bail reform policies have already put our communities at risk. My legislation will incentivize New York State to implement policies that correct their massive oversight and hold repeat offenders accountable. I’m proud to stand united with local law enforcement and our community members to work to keep Upstate New York and the North Country, and our state of New York, safe,” the congresswoman added.

Reps. Claudia Tenney, Nicole Malliotakis, Andrew Garbarino, Brandon Williams, Nicholas LaLota, Anthony D’Esposito, Michael Lawler, Marcus Molinaro, Nick Langworthy and George Santos, who is under fire for repeatedly lying about his background, with many Republicans calling on him to resign, have all signed on to the measure.

The SERVE Our Communities Act states that in order to be eligible for federal grant money, “a state or unit of local government shall allow a State court or magistrate to consider the danger an individual poses to the community when determining bail or pretrial release.”
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Maybe this committee should consider whether elected representatives pose a danger to our country instead.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

We tried....

It's a ridiculously rural community. They by and large do not look below the veneer of politicians: they listen to the ads and watch the coverage on the local news. They do not believe you when you tell them that they are listening to unadulterated lies. Stefanik, till now, has maintained her bipartisan label, and people like that. But too many of them have bought into TFG's bluster, which they see as a sort of old-school "stop coddling people" and "I don't want my tax dollars spent on X"--Although most only look at the surface of that, too. And we have a growing number of militia types. Ugh.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Stefanik is getting a lot of flak because she endorsed George Santos (fellow New Yorker), and boasted about raising 100,000 bucks for him at some do or other.

Well, reading through the NY Times article (which I posted in the Santos thread), we find this nugget:
Around that time, Mr. Santos began attracting the suspicion of a pair of friends and potential donors active in New York Republican circles. Mr. Santos claimed to one of them, Kristin Bianco, to have secured the endorsement of former President Donald J. Trump, when he had not. That prompted her to express concerns about Mr. Santos to plugged-in Republicans, including associates of Representative Elise Stefanik of New York, one of Mr. Santos’s biggest early backers whose top political aide was assisting his campaign.
The "top political aide" that is mentioned is almost certainly Alex deGrasse, who is notorious in NY21 as Stefanik's dirty tricks op. Think Donald Segretti meets Lee Atwater. Some Stefanik apologists blames deGrasse for her plunge into the MAGA swamp.

Back to the Times article, later down, when discussing the "vulnerability" / background study Santos's campaign convinced him to carry out, we find this:
By the spring of 2022, Mr. Santos was in need of a new team of consultants. With help from Ms. Stefanik’s top political aide, he chose a new consulting firm and shared the vulnerability study.
So, two things 1) I'm starting to wonder how much deGrasse is himself leaking to the media; not that this stuff is self-serving, but I keep seeing glancing references to deGrasse in various NYT, WaPo articles that rarely give his name, and, more important, 2) holy shit, this is really close to establishing that Stefanik knew a hell of a lot about Santos's fakery.

And here's another point: Goggling deGrasse is remarkably unproductive. A lot of the links are broken, and there are few pictures of him. If this dude isn't trying to hide in the weeds to do his shit, I'll be surprised.

He is a perfect match for Santos, and I will also not be surprised to hear about more connections in the future.

A pic from when this punk was aiding Stefanik in her original run for Congress in 2014, and one from last year. I can't find his age anywhere currently (although that info used to be available). I think he's about 32 now. ETA: According to WaPo, as of Dec '22, he was 29.
deGrasse young.jpg
deGrasse young.jpg (36.65 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
Alex deGrasse 2022.jpg
Alex deGrasse 2022.jpg (45.73 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
ETA: Found this somewhere. Bet he had a great time at West Point. If he went to West Point. He went to work for Stefanik straight of college.

Education
Union College -Classics & Politcal Science Double Major - 2013 - 2016
United States Military Academy at West Point - 2012 - 2013
Valley Forge Military Academy & College - 2010 - 2012
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/elisestefanik/statu ... 3108166683
Elise Stefanik @EliseStefanik wrote: Corrupt federal agencies like the FBI and the DOJ illegally target Republicans, yet look the other way when Democrats break the law.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Yes, Elise. That would explain why there were leaks galore when it came to Hillary Clinton, and Donald Trump was hoarding classified documents at a golf club known to be a target of foreign spies and not a peep came out until Trump himself blasted his outrage all over the place.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona

Hmm. I’m thinking of someone who is a grave threat to our DEMOCRACY.
https://twitter.com/repstefanik/status/ ... 5534104579
Rep. Elise Stefanik @RepStefanik wrote: Joe Biden stole classified documents from his time in the Senate.
He has been a grave threat to our national security for over a DECADE.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Stefanik's propaganda team has been on a tear for about four days. Endless posts attacking Biden, the FBI, Gov. Hochul, and a buncha "Here We Come to Save the Day!" shit. About fifty-fifty general "they suck/we're great"posts" and specific lies like the above.

GOP platform: Let's turn the country into a sewer!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Stefanik explains how Mike Pence did nothing wrong and how Trump was treated unfairly but also how Biden’s actions are a national security threat. She also says the FBI has been weaponized against Trump and is engaged in a coverup for Biden
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Given how right wing the FBI is and how this rhetoric can be dangerous to some of them and theirs individually, how long will they continue to swing right or GQP?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:39 pm Given how right wing the FBI is and how this rhetoric can be dangerous to some of them and theirs individually, how long will they continue to swing right or GQP?
Stefanik took her first few hesitant steps along the path marked "Destroy Credibility in Intel Agencies" during Impeachment v1.* She's been hacking away on social media, right-wing media, and in her idiot letters to no one, ever since. Behold her triumph! Now she will be on committees designed to destroy the US intel agencies, all based on the premise that her "Good Friend" (45) is an honest man who is being unjustly targeted by "pedo lefties" (her words).

*Also the time she made her first outright lies in public. On the floor of the House. With cameras. For the curious, the lie was that the Dems were trying to hide from the public by interviewing witnesses prior to open testimony in the SCIF (which is of course, SOP). I well remember her hesitancy as she told the lie (badly) and then, when the sky didn't fall in on her, the look of smug triumph. Shortly thereafter began the social media posts featuring Shifty Schiff and his Regime of Silence! Idiot demands for Transparency followed and have not stopped.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It'd be interesting if the intelligence community has something on her, or she thinks they do.

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”