Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Special Counsel Jack Smith: Judgement Day (one way or the other)

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is there any significance to Jack Smith having come most recently from The Hague?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:16 am Is there any significance to Jack Smith having come most recently from The Hague?
My guess: he is not contaminated by the daily cabals of the DOJ and D.C. while the T clan screams about witch hunts.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Been busy the last few days, but I think I heard a couple of reports about Smith subpoenaing dozens of those with knowledge of or suspected of participating in the attempted coup, with the commentary that he was wondering why this wasn't done many months ago?

Did I dream that? Maybe I did, as it supports my deep disgust with Garland and the ludicrous caution he has by appearances maintained.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting on air that SC has issued subpoenas to election officials in all seven battleground states.
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:48 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:16 am Is there any significance to Jack Smith having come most recently from The Hague?
My guess: he is not contaminated by the daily cabals of the DOJ and D.C. while the T clan screams about witch hunts.
Except the RWNJs still dredge up with his work at the DOJ when attempting to discredit Smith.

The Hague tends to handle only very large cases; one doesn't lightly accuse heads of state of war crimes, for example, without knowing how to marshall an ocean of facts and an army of witnesses while assembling a crack team to assist. So the scope and task may have some similarities to experiences at the Hague.
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

members only comment, cause I don't want this suggestion to spread thru the web crawlers
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Not for nothing, nothing definitive, just the idea that tfg has wormed his felonious fingers into every single agency (regulatory capture) in order to gum up Biden and the Deep State.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

It's institutionalized entitlement.

There. I just made that up. I'm probably not the first. Doesn't it go nicely with the concept of institutionalized racism?

CET. Critical Entitlement Theory.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/06/politics ... index.html
Two years after rioters stormed the US Capitol, the Justice Department’s sprawling criminal investigation into the effort to block the peaceful transition of power enters a new phase with the special counsel adding two right-hand prosecutors to an experienced team that will ultimately determine whether former President Donald Trump or his allies should face prosecution.

Special counsel Jack Smith has returned to the US after spending the past month working remotely in Europe while recovering from a bicycle accident.

He is adding two longtime associates who have specialized in public corruption cases, according to a person familiar with the matter: Raymond Hulser, the former chief of the DOJ’s public integrity section, and David Harbach, who conducted cases against former Sen. John Edwards and Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'll post a link when I see it, but CNN reporting on air SC team subpoenas Giuliani for payment records as part of probe into Trump's fundraising.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Skeleton in bed w iphone.jpg
Skeleton in bed w iphone.jpg (38.68 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:14 pm Skeleton in bed w iphone.jpg
Damn right!!!

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I have to admit, I'm getting more and more on Portia's side. I'm starting to think they are sitting there waiting for Donny Diapers to have a heart attack and save them the hassle and the revolting Congressmen.. Then they can wrap up the kids with little trouble.
Hic sunt dracones
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Trump campaign officials got subpoena asking new questions about Jan. 6
Subpoena sought information and documents on legal representation, voting machines, fundraising around false election claims and more

WaPo gift article

Mueller She Wrote breaks it down.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

thread unroll

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1613 ... 75172.html

Mueller, She Wrote
Follow @MuellerSheWrote
Twitter logo
Jan 12 • 6 tweets • 1 min read
BREAKING: THREAD: Jack Smith sent out a MASSIVE round of subpoenas December 9th. THEY INCLUDE:

1. Subpoenas to trump campaign officials, with NEW questions about WHO FUNDED LAWYERS for witnesses - a potential investigation into OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE 1/

2. TWO DOZEN CATEGORIES of information communications or information about Dominion and Smartmatic - trying to establish whether anyone knew the conspiracy theories were FALSE. 2/

Info on OTHER TRUMP ENTITIES BESIDES THE SAVE AMERICA PAC: including the Make America Great Again PAC, the Save America Joint Fundraising Committee, and the Trump MAGA Committee - and any groups affiliated with them. 3/

Information on the “Election Defense Fund” - that’s the one the 1/6 committee found out DIDNT ACTUALLY EXIST - and what the hell THEY spent the money on. 4/

MORE INFO on the FRAUDULENT ELECTOR SCHEME: naming more than 100 fake electors in seven states.

It also asks for analysis on the LEGALITY of the scheme. 5/

It demands documents about the FUNDING of the ellipse rallies (that would include GINNI THOMAS.

THIS IS MASSIVE! Here is the source. END/ washingtonpost.com/national-secur…
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The more times someone tells me something is massive, the more I wonder is it? Is it really now?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Here is a gift link to the Washington Post article @MuellerSheWrote is talking about -

Trump campaign officials got subpoena asking new questions about Jan. 6
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:24 am The more times someone tells me something is massive, the more I wonder is it? Is it really now?
Same. I am always reminded of the squash brains on WND and their "Any Day Now". I'm like, do you hear yourselves?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Along with the overuse of "BREAKING," which once had a purpose in journalism.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:10 am Along with the overuse of "BREAKING," which once had a purpose in journalism.
Drives. Me. Nuts.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CONFIRMED: Former DHS official Ken Cuccinelli is at the federal courthouse today for a grand jury appearance. He just headed to lunch.

Confirming
@caseyagannon

@kpolantz
I'm assuming this is related to SC investigations, so I picked this thread.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Former Trump-era Department of Homeland Security official Ken Cuccinelli is testifying before a federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Thursday.

Cuccinelli headed into the grand jury area just before 10 a.m. ET at the federal courthouse, where prosecutors looking at efforts to undermine the 2020 election as part of special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation are also gathered.

“Yep,” Cuccinelli told CNN when asked if was there to testify to the grand jury. When asked about the topic, he said, “Don’t know.”

Cuccinelli was a notable figure in Donald Trump’s attempts to use his administration to pursue unfounded election fraud claims after the 2020 election and was a frequent presence around Trump’s Oval Office.

He previously testified to the House select committee that investigated the attack on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/26/politics ... index.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Via pool… Judicial Watch head Tom Fitton is at DC Federal court where grand jury is sitting
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I'm not sure seeing Fitton at the DC Federal Courthouse means anything. His organization files various suits all of the time (including many FOIA cases). He could just be meeting up with one of the attorneys.

Then there are all of the GIL cases.
101010 :towel:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

The Jack podcast also reported this. It's likely he would bring Fitton in, didn't he figure heavily in the efforts to overturn the election?
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Current Politics”