Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Post by neonzx »

Democrats have this tendency to keep going back to the same families/names. An older friend of mine tossed Caroline Kennedy into the hat of persons she would like to see run for President. Me: wtf?

This is not a country of a monarchy/dynasties. There are over 300 million citizens in this country but we only get to choose from a small select sample? I don't want a "Kennedy"-- nor a "Clinton"... nor an "Obama".

Spice this up or die, party leaders/"gatekeepers".

I like Joe much, but it's time to move on. Kamala is not it, sorry. (As disappointed as I am to say that -- not "her turn").

Pete!
qbawl

Re: Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Post by qbawl »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Hill @thehill wrote: .@SecretaryPete: "Our marriage deserves to be treated equally and I don't know why this would be hard. [...] If they don't want to spend a lot of time on this, they can vote yes and move on and that would be really reassuring for a lot of families around America including mine."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Pete Buttigieg responds to Marjorie Taylor Greene on Fox News: "My sense of manhood is not connected whether my vehicle is fueled by gasoline or electricity."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona

More from that interview, go Mayor Pete! He goes on to talk about comparing the Republican plan to fight inflation and the Democratic one, and how it would have been nice to have a debate between the two. But since only one of those things exists...
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Pete Buttigieg on Colbert: "Many congressional Republicans take stances that seem to be more about the problem than about the solution ... can anybody name the top 5 things they've suggested to fight inflation? Can anyone name 3? How about 1?"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I don't know if it was ever a point of interest, but I was just now curious about the origin of his name
Buttigieg (Maltese: Buttiġieġ [bʊtːɪd͡ʒɪːt͡ʃ]) is a Maltese surname, derived from Sicilian Arabic أبو الدجاج Abu-d-dajāj(i), meaning 'chicken owner, poulterer' (literally 'father of chickens'). People with the name include: Anthony Buttigieg (born 1962), Maltese politician.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttigieg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:27 pm I don't know if it was ever a point of interest, but I was just now curious about the origin of his name
Buttigieg (Maltese: Buttiġieġ [bʊtːɪd͡ʒɪːt͡ʃ]) is a Maltese surname, derived from Sicilian Arabic أبو الدجاج Abu-d-dajāj(i), meaning 'chicken owner, poulterer' (literally 'father of chickens'). People with the name include: Anthony Buttigieg (born 1962), Maltese politician.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttigieg
Off Topic
Fun family story, totally off topic. My surname is Fowler, which, as most of you surmised, means either farmer of fowl or hunter of fowl. My mother grew up on a farm with chickens and couldn't wait to move to the big city. She did, fell in love but dumped the guy because he wanted to buy a chicken farm in the country.

Then she married a man named Fowler.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:13 pm
Off Topic
Fun family story, totally off topic. My surname is Fowler, which, as most of you surmised, means either farmer of fowl or hunter of fowl. My mother grew up on a farm with chickens and couldn't wait to move to the big city. She did, fell in love but dumped the guy because he wanted to buy a chicken farm in the country.

Then she married a man named Fowler.
:lol:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:20 pm More from that interview, go Mayor Pete! He goes on to talk about comparing the Republican plan to fight inflation and the Democratic one, and how it would have been nice to have a debate between the two. But since only one of those things exists...
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Pete Buttigieg on Colbert: "Many congressional Republicans take stances that seem to be more about the problem than about the solution ... can anybody name the top 5 things they've suggested to fight inflation? Can anyone name 3? How about 1?"

Just like we are still waiting for the Republican health care plan, what, ten years after Obamacare became law?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wow. Pete Buttigieg just embarrassed Bret Baier.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bravo!!!!!!!!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/1 ... surrection
Fox News tried to undermine Pete Buttigieg's marriage. His reply is a masterclass in the high road

As Daily Kos has continued to cover, Buttigieg has had many, many appearances on Fox News—and many zingers. Covering Fox can be mixed bag; we don’t want to amplify hate or manufactured outrage for no reason, but it’s also valuable to highlight how Democrats and progressives manage to correct narratives and misinformation in front of Fox viewers. It’s one way of reaching people and (hopefully) helping them to see the holes in the stories they’re being fed by conservatives.

And it’s always important to remember that Buttigieg, for all of his privileges as a white, cisgender man, continues to be under attack by Fox simply because he is openly gay, as Baier’s line of questioning shows. It’s encouraging to see him cleanly and smoothly point out the homophobia conservatives are spewing, especially in the bigger picture of anti-queer and anti-trans efforts on both the state and federal levels.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Jesuit Priest Bluntly Fact-Checks Catholic Group's Claim That Pete Buttigieg Doesn't 'Have A Husband'
James Martin SJ clapped back at The Catholic League's tweet claiming Buttigieg's marriage to Chasten is a 'legal fiction.'

Alan Herrera
Jan. 23, 2023

James Martin, a Jesuit priest and the editor-at-large of America Magazine, came to the defense of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg after the Catholic League claimed in a tweet Buttigieg's marriage to his husband—educator, author and activist Chasten Buttigieg—is a "legal fiction."

Earlier, the Catholic League published a tweet claiming the Transportation Secretary is indeed "legally married, [but] that is a legal fiction."

The organization linked to an article in which it criticized Buttigieg for defending his marriage in a recent interview with Fox News anchor Bret Baier, who suggested Buttigieg should not have taken his husband as part of an official delegation to the Netherlands for the Fifth Invictus Games.

Bill Donohue, the Catholic League's president, said Buttigieg doesn't actually "have a husband" because he "has been disqualified by nature."

You can see the organization's tweet below.

https://www.comicsands.com/jesuit-pries ... 97031.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 6c3f31e488
US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s team asked a group of conservative media workers to stop acting “aggressive” and asked them to stop filming their interactions during the cabinet member’s visit to East Palestine, Ohio.

During his visit, a member of conservative youth group Turning Points USA filmed herself following Mr Buttigieg and asking if he was going to “apologise” to East Palestine for the “slow response.”

Department of Transportation and National Transportation Safety Board officials were in East Palestine just hours after the derailment, and have remained there since.

Mr Buttigieg ignored the woman and disappeared inside a building. His press secretary, however, invited the woman holding the camera to discuss her questions on the condition she not film the interaction.

A back-and-forth ensues between Mr Buttigieg’s press secretary and the conservative media members. The TPUSA member asks Mr Buttigieg’s press secretary why she won’t answer questions, she replies by saying she’s happy to answer questions, just not while being filmed.

When the TPUSA member asks why she wants the cameras off, Mr Buttigieg’s press secretary replies “because I think that’s a little bit aggressive.”
raison de arizona

Townhall.com @townhallcom wrote: REPORTER: "How can [Trump] help?"

PETE BUTTIGIEG: "Express support for reversing the deregulation that happened on his watch."
raison de arizona

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! (9am ET / 12pm PT)
State of the Union @CNNSotu wrote: SUNDAY: @SecretaryPete joins @DanaBashCNN on #CNNSOTU

Tune in on 📺 @CNN, 🌎🌍🌏 @cnni, 🎧📻 @Audacy, @tunein, @SIRIUSXM Ch. 116 & 🖥️💻📲 http://cnn.com/GO!
raison de arizona

Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Sec. Buttigieg on Mike Johnson’s opposition to marriage equality: If he really wants to support families, then he’d support President Biden’s push to have insulin be $35. He’d support the child tax credit which cut child poverty in half, and people like Mike Johnson let expire
raison de arizona

An oldie but a goodie.
Buttigieg Wins@buttigiegwins wrote: Four years ago — @PeteButtigieg went on Fox News and destroyed the moderator who asked a “gotcha” question on abortion rights.

Watch this.
raison de arizona

chyea ok @chyeaok wrote: Today I learned Ron DeSantis is outright rejecting federal funds from the Biden infrastructure bill for Florida. The only state to do so so far.

Return to “Biden Administration”