Devin Nunes

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Devin Nunes

Post by Kendra »

Devin Nunes: “I’d like to answer your question, but you’re going to have to meow to me first .. If you and I started meowing back and forth at each other .. these crazy left-wingers are doing this. Like, pretending to be animals, and that’s how they communicate.”
:confuzzled: I believe he's scheduled for Bartiromo's show tomorrow, so maybe he'll clarify?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Devin Nunes

Post by raison de arizona »

Washington Post lawyers are deposing ex-Nunes aides in libel suit about 2017 White House visit
The then-California congressman sued The Post in 2020, claiming the characterization of the meeting as a “midnight run” was erroneous and intended to imply nefariousness.

Attorneys for The Washington Post have been deposing ex-aides to Devin Nunes as the newspaper fends off the former GOP lawmaker’s libel suit connected to an unusual trip Nunes made to the Trump White House in 2017.

At a court hearing on Wednesday, a lawyer for the newspaper indicated that it had subpoenaed and spoken with several staffers in pursuit of new details about Nunes’ March 21, 2017, visit to the White House to review classified intelligence, as well as his decision to travel to the White House the next day and brief then-President Donald Trump.

Among those the attorneys have deposed: Michael Ellis, a former Nunes aide on the House Intelligence Committee, who later worked in the Trump White House, and Jennifer Morrow, Nunes’ longtime scheduler.

In late 2020, Nunes sued The Post. He alleges in his complaint that a Post story published earlier that year — that labeled Nunes’ visit to the White House a “midnight run” aimed at buttressing Trump’s baseless claims that he had his “wires tapped” while he was a candidate for president — was erroneous and intended to imply nefariousness. The Post report came amid escalating probes related to the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia, and as Trump attacked intelligence agencies pursuing the matter.

After the story was published, The Post added a correction to the top of it, noting that Nunes had stated he did not believe the wiretapping claims and that his visit to the White House “took place during daylight hours.”
:snippity:
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/2 ... s-00079490
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Devin Nunes

Post by Greatgrey »

Nunes v CNN & Tapper

GRANTED!

That is, the motion to dismiss was granted :biggrin:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 0.37.0.pdf
D372DB06-A952-40A1-8198-E150C45A6A86.jpeg
D372DB06-A952-40A1-8198-E150C45A6A86.jpeg (477.51 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Devin Nunes

Post by Phoenix520 »

We know that many of tfg’s associates have been criming, doubling down that they won’t be caught or if caught won’t be punished because, well, politics. They’ve been taking lessons from The Don but he’s been doing this kinda shit all his life. It’s second nature to him, but not to them.

I can’t figure out if Nunes is lucky that he seems to have really bad lawyers or if it’s strategic. Threatening to sue is peak tfg; actually suing is amateur hour. You have to spend real money and then there’s that pesky discovery which can sting if you’re guilty. (I no longer give tfg’s associates the presumption of innocence.)

Nunes isn’t in politics now. Tfg has killed any future runs for him. I’m making the educated assumption that he’s done something criminal, like so many others in tfg’s orbit. Seems like it’s dangerous for him to keep poking the bear that may not even remember he’s there.
Sam the Centipede

Devin Nunes

Post by Sam the Centipede »

It's a disappointing dismissal for afficianados of bench slapstick.

The case was kicked out for improper venue, because the only connection to Florida is Nunes' claim to work there (because unTruth antiSocial), which is irrelevant because it's the defendants' location and the location of the actions complained about that govern venue. Plaintiff? No.

From the outside this seems such an elementary point that any attorney submitting a claim so obviously failing jurisdiction tests ought to receive a slap and reimburse the defendant. Such a defective case can serve no valid purpose, it can only be for show or harassment.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Devin Nunes

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Bench slapstick" is an official entry into the Fogbow Lexicon and Snarksaurus! Congratulations! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Devin Nunes

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sugar magnolia

Devin Nunes

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ya know.....our attorneys tell us things we don't like or don't agree with, but we generally listen to them and do what they say. It makes absolutely no sense to pay them $500/hour and then ignore them when they tell us something. Seems like Nunes would eventually learn to do the same when his lawyer tells him he can't sure for something that's not only true, but not against the law.
Resume18

Devin Nunes

Post by Resume18 »

He's such a doofus.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
MN-Skeptic

Devin Nunes

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:01 pm Ya know.....our attorneys tell us things we don't like or don't agree with, but we generally listen to them and do what they say. It makes absolutely no sense to pay them $500/hour and then ignore them when they tell us something. Seems like Nunes would eventually learn to do the same when his lawyer tells him he can't sure for something that's not only true, but not against the law.
Yeah, but is Nunes the one paying the lawyer? It's easy to spend money when it isn't yours.
Kendra

Devin Nunes

Post by Kendra »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:35 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:01 pm Ya know.....our attorneys tell us things we don't like or don't agree with, but we generally listen to them and do what they say. It makes absolutely no sense to pay them $500/hour and then ignore them when they tell us something. Seems like Nunes would eventually learn to do the same when his lawyer tells him he can't sure for something that's not only true, but not against the law.
Yeah, but is Nunes the one paying the lawyer? It's easy to spend money when it isn't yours.
That question of who is paying the lawyer has been asked before. I don't think I ever saw an answer to it.
noblepa

Devin Nunes

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:16 pm
That question of who is paying the lawyer has been asked before. I don't think I ever saw an answer to it.
I think that he is interested in harassing the media and making them, especially the smaller ones, afraid of the expense of defending themselves in court. He is trying to create the proverbial "chilling effect".
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Devin Nunes

Post by northland10 »

noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:28 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:16 pm

I think that he is interested in harassing the media and making them, especially the smaller ones, afraid of the expense of defending themselves in court. He is trying to create the proverbial "chilling effect".
That strategy has worked so well for Klayman. At least he avoids paying an attorney to represent him and the annoyance of the attorney telling him, no, Twombly, Iqbal, Lujan.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Devin Nunes

Post by northland10 »

Having seen his attorney's past work, I'm thinking Bliss is not telling him no and may even be encouraging these suits.
101010 :towel:
bob

Devin Nunes

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:48 pm Having seen his attorney's past work, I'm thinking Bliss is not telling him no and may even be encouraging these suits.
And again to refer back to Klayman: the lawfare as grift marketing likely makes business sense.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Devin Nunes

Post by Kendra »

Devin Nunes has been added to the traveling ‘Reawaken America’ tour for the QAnons with Eric & Lara Trump, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, prophet Julie Green, Kash Patel, and more. They created a new rap theme song to welcome Devin. I smell Grammy.
somerset

Devin Nunes

Post by somerset »

Kendra wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:36 pm
Devin Nunes has been added to the traveling ‘Reawaken America’ tour for the QAnons with Eric & Lara Trump, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, prophet Julie Green, Kash Patel, and more. They created a new rap theme song to welcome Devin. I smell Grammy.
But, but, but... If something has been "reawakened," wouldn't that make it "woke?"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Devin Nunes

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

somerset: But, but, but... If something has been "reawakened," wouldn't that make it "woke?"
If it’s reawakened it’s rewoke. ;) :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Devin Nunes

Post by Ben-Prime »

That's clearly going to be a sign carried by protestors of these events:

"We alreardy reawakened America. You called it 'woke'. You're welcome."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Devin Nunes

Post by Kendra »

Montage of Guilfoyle fidgeting while Devin Nunes drones on about the Durham Report.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Devin Nunes

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Devin Nunes

Post by Kendra »

So. Much. Winning.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Devin Nunes

Post by RTH10260 »

Devin Nunes Can’t Sue Twitter Over Fake Cow Account, Judge Rules

Blake Montgomery Reporter/Editor
Published Jun. 24, 2020 5:39PM ET

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) cannot sue Twitter for defamation over parody accounts pretending to be his mother and a cow on his family ranch, a judge has ruled. Judge John Marshall wrote that Twitter was not the publisher of the remarks in question and therefore was protected by federal law stating that social media companies are not liable for posts by users, a provision President Donald Trump has advocated against and Nunes argued did not apply. Nunes originally filed suit in March 2019 against Twitter, the accounts @DevinCow, @NunesAlt (which pretends to be run by his mother), and Republican strategist Liz Mair for causing him to win re-election by a narrower margin than he would have had they not poked fun at him. Marshall’s ruling removes Twitter as a defendant from the case. The other three remain. Twitter said in a statement that it “strongly believes the court made the right decision today.”

https://abovethelaw.com/2023/05/devin-n ... ion-suits/
raison de arizona

Devin Nunes

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Devin Nunes

“EXCLUSIVE WINE FOR AMERICAN PATRIOTS”
What’s with the iron cross?
IMG_6501.png
IMG_6501.png (391.55 KiB) Viewed 340 times
IMG_6504.png
IMG_6504.png (479.79 KiB) Viewed 340 times
https://www.devinnuneswines.com/

Return to “Current Politics”