Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Prominent People Who Are Injured or Ill

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

We were within a couple of miles of Baldy Bowl the same day Julian Sands went missing. The other missing man’s car was parked in front of the cafe where we had lunch. (Not really a cafe, it’s more like a campground convenience store, crammed with candy bars, T-shirts, mining equipment, and such. :nooo: Don’t order the nachos!

There was no snow at our level but Baldy Bowl and up were covered. The terrain there is steep and rocky. I fell on STAIRS, on a level trail. Everything was wet and muddy. The river was a freight train. It was partly cloud and mild when we were there but Sunday it poured for 8 hours. I’m praying for both men.

DCC201A7-12D4-49B7-8D79-AEE94E26FD98.jpeg
DCC201A7-12D4-49B7-8D79-AEE94E26FD98.jpeg (32.43 KiB) Viewed 5308 times
Attachments
E71ADEBB-C6BF-4547-A33E-F402EE75E933.jpeg
E71ADEBB-C6BF-4547-A33E-F402EE75E933.jpeg (51.69 KiB) Viewed 5308 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Missing 6 days doesn’t leave much hope.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Apparently his phone "showed movement" for 2 days after he was declared missing, after that there was no signal. So there was signs of life 4 days ago.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

A fall is likely. Even if not fatal, if he’s not found soon…

Mr 520 carries a small Garman GPS whenever he goes out. You never know when you might slide down a mountain. :?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Democratic Sen. John Fetterman, who suffered a stroke on campaign trail, hospitalized for lightheadedness

Candy Woodall, USA TODAY
Thu, February 9, 2023 at 6:26 AM GMT+1

WASHINGTON—Sen. John Fetterman, who had a stroke during his 2022 Senate campaign in Pennsylvania, is in the hospital, his office said late Wednesday night.

Fetterman was taken to George Washington University Hospital after feeling lightheaded toward the end of the Senate Democratic retreat Wednesday, according to a statement from his spokesperson, Joe Calvello.

"Initial tests did not show evidence of a new stroke, but doctors are running more tests and John is remaining overnight for observation," Calvello said.

Fetterman, who was seen smiling and shaking hands at the State of the Union on Tuesday night, "is in good spirits and talking with his staff and family," Calvello said. "We will provide more information when we have it."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democratic-s ... 42544.html
(original: USA TODAY)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... -rcna71087
WASHINGTON — On Wednesday night, Sen. John Fetterman, D-Pa., "checked himself into Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to receive treatment for clinical depression," his chief of staff, Adam Jentleson, said in a statement.

"While John has experienced depression off and on throughout his life, it only became severe in recent weeks," Jentleson said.

Fetterman suffered a stroke last year before winning the Pennsylvania Senate race in a highly competitive contest. Earlier this month, his office said he was hospitalized after feeling lightheaded but that tests ruled out another stroke.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Damn.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:07 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... -rcna71087
WASHINGTON — On Wednesday night, Sen. John Fetterman, D-Pa., "checked himself into Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to receive treatment for clinical depression," his chief of staff, Adam Jentleson, said in a statement.

"While John has experienced depression off and on throughout his life, it only became severe in recent weeks," Jentleson said.

Fetterman suffered a stroke last year before winning the Pennsylvania Senate race in a highly competitive contest. Earlier this month, his office said he was hospitalized after feeling lightheaded but that tests ruled out another stroke.
A strong and noble man. Suffering a stroke or brain injury is a catastrophic ordeal. Depression after a stroke, extreme depression is common. He's far more competent than most of the thugs in the Republican party.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, I think depression is common after a stroke, too. And he had more than the average to deal with while recuperating. Seeing him publically dealing with it can help others, too.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:33 pm Yeah, I think depression is common after a stroke, too. And he had more than the average to deal with while recuperating. Seeing him publically dealing with it can help others, too.
So true. And I admire him even more for sharing this.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

When my father had strokes, he'd get interviewed/assessed by a social worker before being discharged. When I took over his bills including pharmacy, I found out he was on a low-level, maintenance anti-depressant.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Bruce Willis diagnosed with 'cruel disease' frontotemporal dementia, family announces

Taryn Ryder·Writer, Yahoo Entertainment
Thu, February 16, 2023 at 9:37 PM GMT+1

Bruce Willis is suffering from a form of dementia, specifically frontotemporal dementia (FTD), his loved ones announced on Thursday. In a statement, the Willis family said the 67-year-old actor's condition has worsened since he was diagnosed with aphasia last year.

"Unfortunately, challenges with communication are just one symptom of the disease Bruce faces. While this is painful, it is a relief to finally have a clear diagnosis," they shared.

The Willis family wants to shed light on FTD by coming forward with the news.

"FTD is a cruel disease that many of us have never heard of and can strike anyone. For people under 60, FTD is the most common form of dementia, and because getting the diagnosis can take years, FTD is likely much more prevalent than we know. Today there are no treatments for the disease, a reality that we hope can change in the years ahead. As Bruce's condition advances, we hope that any media attention can be focused on shining a light on this disease that needs far more awareness and research," the family added.

"Bruce always believed in using his voice in the world to help others, and to raise awareness about important issues both publicly and privately. We know in our hearts that — if he could today — he would want to respond by bringing global attention and a connectedness with those who are also dealing with this debilitating disease and how it impacts so many individuals and their families," the Willis's continued.

"Bruce has always found joy in life — and has helped everyone he knows to do the same. It has meant the world to see that sense of care echoed back to him and to all of us," the statement concluded. "We have been so moved by the love you have all shared for our dear husband, father, and friend during this difficult time. Your continued compassion, understanding, and respect will enable us to help Bruce live as full a life as possible."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bru ... 09802.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I read that earlier today. Very sad.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Former President Jimmy Carter has started to receive hospice care at home.

https://www.cartercenter.org/news/pr/20 ... ealth.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

So sad. He's lived a great life.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I was searching for this thread to post.

I love Jimmy Carter

I am also published at my university for my paper on Jimmy Carter-the ethical president with an unethical staff.

I didn't even know it was going to be published. My instructor did it and surprised me.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

When Mrs.V and I were dating we attended a Carter campaign appearance on Long Island.

Only president we ever saw in the flesh.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Mrich

Post by Mrich »

Here's a gift link to an article in the WaPo about the Carter Center's announcement. Not much info beyond what the announcement said, but they say they will update the article as more information develops:
https://wapo.st/3ScdAA6
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I'm so glad that President Carter will probably pass during the current administration. President Biden will lead the mourning.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Carter has a subgroup of the Seawolf class named for him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Jimmy_Carter
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

The best former President the US has ever known. :crying:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

We were talking about this at work on Wednesday.

Return to “General Stuff”