Sherrod Brown

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Patagoniagirl

Sherrod Brown

Post by Patagoniagirl »

"Republicans are already setting their sights on incumbent Sen. Sherrod Brown’s (D-Ohio) seat ahead of 2024, pointing to signs that the Buckeye State is trending redder every election cycle".

Link:. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... nate-seat/

Soooo, who will carpet bag on Brown? Anyone's guess after Trump, Santos, Oz, Vance. I cannot understand why Ohioans, especially in our small, distressed communities and small family farmers consistently vote for R's when it is clear (to me, al least) that Ohio R policies only hurt them/us.

In an opinion column in "The Farmers Advance", a small MI rag, cautions farmers that "Any new farm bill must navigate the unruly 2023 House GOP again".

Brown has been a bastion for farmers, unions, workers and women. It will be a challenge to defeat him but...Tim Ryan/Vance.

🤬
SuzieC
Verified:

Sherrod Brown

Post by SuzieC »

I'm very, very worried about Sherrod Brown. He's popular in Ohio but.....Trump/Vance. State Sen. Matt Dolan (R) has already announced that he's running. He came in 3rd in the recent Senate R primary. As the sole candidate who refused to endorse the lie that the election was stolen from Trump, he presented as the "moderate" in the race. He is from the wealthy family who owns the Cleveland Guardians.

Other more authentic nutcases are expected to jump in, including Secretary of State Frank LaRose, the villain of Ohio's extreme gerrymandering.
Patagoniagirl

Sherrod Brown

Post by Patagoniagirl »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:46 am I'm very, very worried about Sherrod Brown. He's popular in Ohio but.....Trump/Vance. State Sen. Matt Dolan (R) has already announced that he's running. He came in 3rd in the recent Senate R primary. As the sole candidate who refused to endorse the lie that the election was stolen from Trump, he presented as the "moderate" in the race. He is from the wealthy family who owns the Cleveland Guardians.

Other more authentic nutcases are expected to jump in, including Secretary of State Frank LaRose, the villain of Ohio's extreme gerrymandering.
LaRose....a festering pustule of cruelty and bigotry.

Return to “Current Politics”