Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Couy Griffin will be tried for trespassing on the U.S. Capitol grounds beginning Monday

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Couy Griffin will be tried for trespassing on the U.S. Capitol grounds beginning Monday

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I'm just a guy who must say "Eww"
When there's a bug in my sight
And when I sleep at night
I must say "Eww"!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: The NM Supreme Court affirmed its dismissal of Couy Griffin's appeal, so Judge Mathew's ruling removing Griffin from office for engaging in insurrection stands. We look forward to holding more insurrectionists accountable—including Donald Trump.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

F'd around and now he Finds Out :thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well, it's OBVIOUS he's guilty. He's wearing a black hat!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
realist

Post by realist »

The ruling also prevents him from running for or serving in any state office in the future. And yeah, he’s still whining about it.

“ NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The state Supreme Court dismissed a final motion for former Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin to reconsider his appeal. The Cowboys for Trump founder said this won’t stop his efforts.”

https://share.newsbreak.com/33uosu87
Image X 4
Image X 32
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What an idiot.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:12 pmWhat an idiot.
and a time waster..

if he wasn't wearing a seat belt he wouldn't have wasted so much of the officers time that could have been spent on other enforcement
if he didn't go on ranting the stop would have been shorter
if he didn't Court Elect then an officer would not have had to spend time in court for the offence that he admitted to.

The officer made it clear at the start why seat belts are important - for public safety - an accident without a seatbelt takes a lot more time to clean up because injuries are more severe.

ps. He sounded and acted like he was in need of a RBT/MDT.
(Random Breath Test and Mobile Drug Test - which any of our officers could require of any driver at any time)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:20 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:12 pmWhat an idiot.
and a time waster..

if he wasn't wearing a seat belt he wouldn't have wasted so much of the officers time that could have been spent on other enforcement
if he didn't go on ranting the stop would have been shorter
if he didn't Court Elect then an officer would not have had to spend time in court for the offence that he admitted to.

The officer made it clear at the start why seat belts are important - for public safety - an accident without a seatbelt takes a lot more time to clean up because injuries are more severe.

ps. He sounded and acted like he was in need of a RBT/MDT.
(Random Breath Test and Mobile Drug Test - which any of our officers could require of any driver at any time)
~this~
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Fully 50% of the people I arrested for DUI thought I should be out there catching murderers, too. Our stock response when they said that was "I'm not the murderer police, I'm the DUI police." They *hated* that. And they all "paid our salary" too so we told them we needed a raise.

Then they puked, pissed, or started crying.
Dave from down under

:boxing: :thumbsup:

I'm always happy to be randomly stopped for an alcohol test*, even if I'm in a hurry, as I'd rather be late than The Late as a result of alcohol.
It is 1-3 minutes out of my day and a license check maybe twice a year.
No agro, no guns, no disrespect.

* I haven't yet had to do the tongue swab for drugs - but will happily comply - I don't want impaired or unlicensed drivers anywhere operating tonnes of metal travelling at high velocity.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:51 pm Fully 50% of the people I arrested for DUI thought I should be out there catching murderers, too. Our stock response when they said that was "I'm not the murderer police, I'm the DUI police." They *hated* that. And they all "paid our salary" too so we told them we needed a raise.

Then they puked, pissed, or started crying.
Or all three.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Comment:
Cowboy: "Why aren't you going after property crime and drugs?"
Vandal: "Why aren't you going after robbers and muggers?"
Mugger:"Why aren't you going after rapists and murderers?"
Murderer:" It's not my fault. When I was young, no one ever taught me to respect the law, and wear my seatbelt."
much ado

Post by much ado »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:26 pm 7664B82B-AC70-4CF1-80EA-762E5381C22E.png

Eventful couple of days for Couy.

First the Sheriff has to take the microphone away from him as he confronts his replacement on the County Commissioners panel.

https://nmpoliticalreport.com/2022/11/1 ... s-meeting/
Former Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin caused a fuss at the Otero County Commission meeting last week when his time at the public comment table became so heated, one of the sitting county commissioners plans to file a restraining order against Griffin.

Griffin was unhappy that Stephanie DuBois, a Democrat, was appointed to his old seat after Griffin was removed from office based on the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment’s Disqualification Clause after his conviction related to his role in the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection in Washington, D.C.

At one point, before the meeting livestream went dark, Sheriff David Black, a Republican who ran unopposed in the 2022 election, took the microphone from the public comment table away from Griffin who said “well now, you get tough. Now you’re a tough guy, huh?” to Black.

The meeting livestream went dark for about 10 minutes before the meeting reconvened.

“We’re going to go ahead and continue but I am asking you right now that we keep this civil,” Marquardt said when the meeting reconvened. “We’re all godly people here and we need to keep that in mind. And you all haven’t seen me ride in on my broom yet, but it was about there this morning. We’re going to keep this civil.”
Then the NM Supreme Court tosses his appeal over being removed from said panel.

https://www.rawstory.com/nm-supreme-cou ... -griffins/

:snippity:
I found a video of some of this Nov 10, 2022 Otero County Commission meeting, in case anyone is interested...

Dave from down under

My he has gone down hill since his sedition
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
My wife is actually amazed at how many traffic tickets I never got. I'm the only California native who has been given field sobriety tests three times and never got a DUI. I was so nice to cops. So very polite and friendly. That's how to go through life, imho.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:02 am
Off Topic
My wife is actually amazed at how many traffic tickets I never got. I'm the only California native who has been given field sobriety tests three times and never got a DUI. I was so nice to cops. So very polite and friendly. That's how to go through life, imho.
From "Harvey"-
Elwood P. Dowd: Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042546/qu ... =tt_trv_qu
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

This all hat no cattle folks scream about old traditional American values and then wear their hat indoors while speaking in a meeting.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

'Cuz video.

They wanna be on the news, but not without a hat on.

I don't like to be seen in public without a hat either. I'm 50% bald and 50% gray and curly. I look much better with a hat. I own 19 hats, at last count. But I only wear one at a time.

Hats, man. :thumbsup:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:40 pm This all hat no cattle folks scream about old traditional American values and then wear their hat indoors while speaking in a meeting.
But how would they know he's a "cowboy" without the hat?
much ado

Post by much ado »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:47 pm
northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:40 pm This all hat no cattle folks scream about old traditional American values and then wear their hat indoors while speaking in a meeting.
But how would they know he's a "cowboy" without the hat?
By the smell?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Reminds me of this scene from The Witcher:

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:46 pm 'Cuz video.

They wanna be on the news, but not without a hat on.

I don't like to be seen in public without a hat either. I'm 50% bald and 50% gray and curly. I look much better with a hat. I own 19 hats, at last count. But I only wear one at a time.

Hats, man. :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_500_H ... ew_Cubbins
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”