Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Ack! Benjamin Franklin snuck into the Kari Lake thread!

Out, damned spot; out, I say.

Give him the hook. :boxing:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

https://twitter.com/lorenzo1159/status/ ... 2212454403
Lorenzo @lorenzo1159 wrote: Lake's counsel has had tech problems with exhibits at the hearing. Says that an electrical cord is missing from yesterday. This can only be the court's involvement in the overall vast conspiracy to harm Lake. @arizonaslaw
https://twitter.com/GailGolec/status/16 ... 5199486979
Gail Golec American Patriot @GailGolec wrote: The cable that was used and tested to present exhibits at the Lake trial was missing and a new cable was used today. Sabotage?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:25 pm https://twitter.com/GailGolec/status/16 ... 5199486979
Gail Golec American Patriot @GailGolec wrote: The cable that was used and tested to present exhibits at the Lake trial was missing and a new cable was used today. Sabotage?
Occams Razor: A less nefarious, and, IMHO, more likely scenario is that the lawyer forgot the power cord for his laptop (or the hdmi cable to connect his laptop to the court's video system). Or the court's IT person forgot to put the proper video cable out for the lawyer to use.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The cable they replaced it with is a Democrat cable. It will only allow the woke agenda to be displayed on the screen.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Lake's team has some expert from Alabama on the stand. He is a real bozo. On cross he admitted that My Pillow guy paid him to speak at his big event in Missouri. He is getting shredded by the Maricopa County attorney. He will be back up after a 1 hour lunch break.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

realist

Post by realist »

Democracy Docket is live tweeting:

Live stream here: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... zY0EmaTEmQ

Alos YouTube:
Image X 4
Image X 32
raison de arizona

:roll:
https://twitter.com/lorenzo1159/status/ ... 8042537984
Lorenzo @lorenzo1159 wrote: In Lake hearing, Lake's counsel is trying to offer a witness who will quote a voicemail message she received from someone named "Betty." Total hearsay, no authentication, and no foundation. Bad, bad, bad.
@arizonaslaw

"Betty" cannot be a verified agent of defendants to make admissions binding on the county through an out of court statement, her voicemail message. Unless counsel can provide more foundation for why she can be reliably identified.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol: :rotflmao:

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:24 am
noblepa wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:13 am
Suranis wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:57 pm Did they have printers in 1776? :notlistening:
Yeah, they did. Ben Franklin was one.

But I don't suppose that is what you meant.
What operating System did Ben Franklin run on? What happened if he broke down? Why were "printer errors" removed from the constitution??? ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!
Blackstone 1.0.

It was basically open source well known, and easy to maintain, but there was a guy that was trying to get him to convert to the proprietary Swiss system from Vattel.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kari was bragging this morning to Steve Bannon that she knew she had a good lawyer because he was a former Navy SEAL.

Kari Lake sending out a blizzard of tweets acting like today went well. Her people will buy it. Then when the judge rules against her, it will be another example to them of a corrupt Deep State judge ignoring their “evidence.” I watched it. It was a clown show.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I listened to the last few hours of the trial. Team Lake paraded out their experts who testified about lack of chain of custody and long lines at polling places on election day. On cross they were all asked if they could say from personal knowledge that either a single person was prevented from voting or a single illegal vote was cast. The witlesses ether completely dodged the question or admitted they had no such knowledge.

The Team Lake has one or two witnesses to call in the morning and Team Hobbs said they had about 4. The judge seemed to run out of patience with the lawyer from Team Lake with the long hair. He had to tell him that he should shut up after the judge ruled on objections and not continue to argue.

Court reconvenes at 8:30 MST in the morning.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Whatever the legal equivalent is of potato salad left out in the AZ sun all day, that's what Team Lake is presenting.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

New Turtle wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:56 pm Whatever the legal equivalent is of potato salad left out in the AZ sun all day, that's what Team Lake is presenting.
The highlight of the day was when the Hobbs attorney asked one of the head election officials who had been involved in the creation of the 2022 general election plan if they had anticipated one party asking their voters to not vote early but to vote on election day. The answer was nope we never accounted for that stupidity. I am of course paraphrasing liberally here.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA15xOPw
No evidence of misconduct in first day of Kari Lake election-challenge trial

Lake's two-day trial can only cover a couple of issues related to the problem, though. Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson granted Lake the two-day trial based on two specific allegations in her lawsuit, tossing out eight others.

The two that survived allege that an unknown county employee interfered illegally with the printers in a way that caused Lake to lose votes. Lake also alleged that an unknown number of ballots were added to the county's total by employees of Runbeck Election Services, a Phoenix company that provides election equipment and services for the county, and that receipts of delivery were not maintained in violation of state law.

But Thompson's ruling said that Lake must prove that the county's printer malfunctions were intentionally manipulated to affect the election results and that the actions "did actually affect the outcome."

Lake's two lawyers, Bryan Blehm and Kurt Olsen, questioned Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer and Election Director Scott Jarrett and interviewed several witnesses, attempting to create a sense of suspicion about certain county election practices. The county's chain of custody for ballots received extra attention in the questioning. But at the end of the day, Blehm acknowledged that the evidence of actual wrongdoing didn't go much beyond "speculation."
► Show Spoiler
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/lorenzo1159/status/ ... 5305478144
Lorenzo @lorenzo1159 wrote: Lake has rested her case this morning, which landed throughout “not with a bang but with a whimper.” Comparing her raging complaint to her actual evidence, we can say, as was said re fate of the 2020 Trump Sidney Powell cases, “Release the plankton!” @arizonaslaw
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I had to miss the last 90 minutes or so. Did Team Lake rest? I see they are on lunch break. I was hoping Team Hobbs would move for a dismissal when the plaintiffs rest. They haven't come close to making a case on the remaining two counts.

Edit: I see they rested this morning.
raison de arizona

Yes, because the only reason a bunch of MAGA types wouldn't complete your poll is because they were disenfranchised. That's the only possible reason you can think of? I mean, MAGA types have always been friendly to pollsters, right?
Charlie Kirk @charliekirk11 wrote: Rich Baris testifies that early voters completed their exit poll at a rate of 93% vs only 72% of Election Day voters.

“I can tell you that has never happened to me before, ever...these people didn’t complete this questionnaire because they didn’t vote. They didn’t get to vote.”
raison de arizona

Reality Check wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:27 pm I had to miss the last 90 minutes or so. Did Team Lake rest? I see they are on lunch break. I was hoping Team Hobbs would move for a dismissal when the plaintiffs rest. They haven't come close to making a case on the remaining two counts.

Edit: I see they rested this morning.
Yeah, it doesn't appear a move for dismissal was made as far as I can tell, although I haven't been watching everything. They're on lunch now for another twenty minutes until 1pm MST when the defense continues.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

This judge has bent over backwards to give Lake extra time. They have taken a day and half to [not] make their pathetic case. I suspect Hobbs side will only call 3 or 4 witnesses. I liked it when Hobbs' attorney got the last pollster guy to admit he was F rated on 538.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Catching up with today's hearing now....

I listened to the first half of yesterday's hearing, and then gave up. I can't stand these destructive attacks on long-standing systems by people outside the system--not to question whether or not the system can be improved or has flaws, but to accuse the professionals who _work within the system_ of imaginary crimes.

My tipping point was when I was reminded that there is now a an entire cottage industry that accuses election officials of criminality. I mean, I knew it was so, but this is just disgusting. One of their weapons is the public records request, because how better to prove criminality that to create the impression that the election boards and their contractors are hiding things by taking three weeks to respond! And then there are the affidavits....
realist

Post by realist »

Democracy Docket
@DemocracyDocket
·
5m
Yesterday, an Arizona judge oversaw 7 hours of arguments in day 1 of Kari Lake's trial contesting her loss in the Arizona governor's race.

Here is our detailed summary of what happened, including testimony from 6 of Lake's witnesses.

Plaintiff has presented pretty much the same lack of evidence (certainly any credible evidence) of anything she had to prove on the 2 remaining counts. Her so-called experts have been a complete joke. There is no way an honest judge finds in her favor. This one has bent over backwards for them, so we'll see. Perhaps just trying to plug any appeal holes.
Image X 4
Image X 32
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:37 pm Yes, because the only reason a bunch of MAGA types wouldn't complete your poll is because they were disenfranchised. That's the only possible reason you can think of? I mean, MAGA types have always been friendly to pollsters, right?
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/statu ... 3273871360
Charlie Kirk @charliekirk11 wrote: Rich Baris testifies that early voters completed their exit poll at a rate of 93% vs only 72% of Election Day voters.

“I can tell you that has never happened to me before, ever...these people didn’t complete this questionnaire because they didn’t vote. They didn’t get to vote.”
How is an exit poll even relevant :think: :confuzzled: :brickwallsmall: :doh: :yawn:
much ado

Post by much ado »

I think we would have heard about it, from them, if they had not been able to vote, moron.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”