Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Canada's Big Unsolved Murder Case

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/17/us/toron ... index.html
Five years ago, a billionaire couple was found strangled beside their swimming pool. Their family is offering $35 million to help catch their killer

The deaths of Canadian billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman have been shrouded in mystery from the beginning.

On December 15, 2017, a realtor giving a tour of the couple’s Toronto mansion around midday discovered their bodies, fully dressed, beside their indoor basement swimming pool. They were semi-seated side by side, with belts tied around their necks and attached to the railing of the indoor pool, police said.

Barry Sherman was 75; his wife Honey was 70. None of their friends or business associates had heard from them in about two days, and there were no signs of forced entry to the home, police said.

The story made headlines far beyond their affluent community in Toronto. Police called the deaths suspicious, and theories swirled about who might have wanted to kill the founder of Canadian generic drug giant Apotex and his philanthropic wife – one of Canada’s richest couples.

Investigators have worked to connect the dots. But five years later, no arrests have been made. On this week’s anniversary of the killings, the Shermans’ son offered an additional $25 million for information leading to an arrest. The reward is now $35 million

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
realist

Post by realist »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:56 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/17/us/toron ... index.html
Five years ago, a billionaire couple was found strangled beside their swimming pool. Their family is offering $35 million to help catch their killer

The deaths of Canadian billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman have been shrouded in mystery from the beginning.

On December 15, 2017, a realtor giving a tour of the couple’s Toronto mansion around midday discovered their bodies, fully dressed, beside their indoor basement swimming pool. They were semi-seated side by side, with belts tied around their necks and attached to the railing of the indoor pool, police said.

Barry Sherman was 75; his wife Honey was 70. None of their friends or business associates had heard from them in about two days, and there were no signs of forced entry to the home, police said.

The story made headlines far beyond their affluent community in Toronto. Police called the deaths suspicious, and theories swirled about who might have wanted to kill the founder of Canadian generic drug giant Apotex and his philanthropic wife – one of Canada’s richest couples.

Investigators have worked to connect the dots. But five years later, no arrests have been made. On this week’s anniversary of the killings, the Shermans’ son offered an additional $25 million for information leading to an arrest. The reward is now $35 million

Lots of interesting info here: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... rders.html
Image X 4
Image X 32
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Surprised that, as far as I know, I don't think it ever made it to any of the murder channels.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:

I know!!! I watch those channels and never saw anything.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “General Stuff”