Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Accelerationists - Neo-Nazi, Paleo-Nazi, and Not-So-Nazi

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Multiple attacks on electrical substations in WA, OR, FL, NC, and SC recently.

Danraft

Neo Nazi Accelerationists

Post by Danraft »

Well, it doesn’t hurt to be a little bit “prepper”— having a few days of food and water, etc.

I know… it sounds a little tin foil hat, but after listening the podcast that predicted these sorts of events … it doesn’t feel as tin foil hat as it did a few years ago.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

so 2020..

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/man ... 54aih.html

A South Coast man who had neo-Nazi interests has been charged with a terrorism offence after allegedly planning to attack an electrical substation.

On Saturday, Joshua Lucas, 21, from Sanctuary Point, was arrested and charged with one count of preparing or planning a terrorist act. The offence carries a maximum penalty of life in jail.
Dave from down under

Dave from down under

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Anyone with a gun could shoot at a substation and they might get lucky. To do real carnage you need to know what part of the substation to aim at.

Every day I am thankful that there are very few disgruntled process plant engineers and technicians in this country.

Keep paying them well!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Did every single one of those place have a drag show about to happen? *sarcasm*

Like I said, a more organized group willing to do this systematically is a lot more dangerous than a single idiot that Social media has decided is responsible for it due to a social justice warrior worthy event they found was happening in the area affected, that social media decided was the cause. Because thinking that plunging 40000 people into darkness due to that was not completely insane. But it let people feel smug and pat themselves on their back.

Ya I had eyestrain rolling my eyes in the last week or so.

Anyway, I hope to heck the people with the power to do it have not been taken in by that crap, are seeing this trend, and taking this extremely seriously.
Hic sunt dracones
Lani

Post by Lani »

Danraft wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:20 pm Well, it doesn’t hurt to be a little bit “prepper”— having a few days of food and water, etc.

I know… it sounds a little tin foil hat, but after listening the podcast that predicted these sorts of events … it doesn’t feel as tin foil hat as it did a few years ago.
I had a large Coleman loaded with containers for water, blankest, towels, sleeping bag, tent, lanterns & batteries, candles, food w/long shelf life, etc. For hurricanes, tsunamis, shipping unions striking, etc. Sold everything before moving. Sigh. I need to start a new container.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

One has always assumed that the universe is a malevolent monkey that will fling the fouling smelling poop in my direction, randomly and at the most inopportune of moments.

As such I keep, amongst other stuff

1. "Shelter in place" supplies for two people. two cats, two weeks, food, water, light, cooking/heat, basic comms and backup power. Temperature stable, long life etc. Couple of big old plastic tubs, sealed top, in the garage, 5 feet off the floor, stainless steel baker racking

2. 2 x GoTH/GOD (Gone To Hell / Get Outta Dodge) grab and go bags hung up in the garage on hooks off the floor, 72 hour basic essentials (don't forget the soft toilet paper....)

Out of an abundance of caution I have a couple of mains and solar rechargeable battery packs with mains and USB output so in case of need I can keep stuff charged and running.

Once a year we'll go "camping" in the garden with the young family members (whilst the adults look on indulgently with wine), string the lights up, eat some of the "Army" food, play music and watch a film outside powered off the power packs so I know stuff is being rotated and still working.

I look on it like insurance, ya has to pay for peace of mind and hope to never have to use it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I've got a gas stove with gas and a few other bits and pieces in case of power cuts.
Hic sunt dracones
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Ya, it’s not mutually exclusive.
It wasn’t a “lone” person upset about a drag show.
And, I get eye strain everytime someone thousands of miles away and seemingly not in regular contact with American cultures (and it’s problems, strengths, and weaknesses) wants to lecture me on the likelihood of what actually happened being blah blah….
Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:27 am Did every single one of those place have a drag show about to happen? *sarcasm*

Like I said, a more organized group willing to do this systematically is a lot more dangerous than a single idiot that Social media has decided is responsible for it due to a social justice warrior worthy event they found was happening in the area affected, that social media decided was the cause. Because thinking that plunging 40000 people into darkness due to that was not completely insane. But it let people feel smug and pat themselves on their back.

Anyway, I hope to heck the people with the power to do it have not been taken in by that crap, are seeing this trend, and taking this extremely seriously.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Danraft wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:53 am Ya, it’s not mutually exclusive.
And, I get eye strain everytime someone thousands of miles away and seemingly not in regular contact with American cultures (and it’s problems, strengths, and weaknesses) wants to lecture me on the likelihood of what actually happened being blah blah….
Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:27 am Did every single one of those place have a drag show about to happen? *sarcasm*

:clap:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:yeahthat:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

It is a sign of a cultural toolbox in the making. One of the big reasons we have seen such a rise in mass shootings is now it has a place in our culture as a way to respond to situations. People.. are not that creative.

So I think what we are seeing here is that within certain communities, 'feeling weak in the culture war? shoot a substation' is starting to propagate. Individual triggers will vary, but a common response is being developed. Drag shows are just one front in the culture war, so it makes sense that they would be one trigger, while other attacks might have others.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

That’s pretty much how I see it. While there may be irritants like higher gas prices, jobs, general inflation, wokeness, etc… the one’s trying to really turn up the temperature are targeting triggers with less superficial and more deeply stirring emotional hooks.

These tend to be religious (or some sort of group identity with closely aligned subsets of cultural cohesiveness) and the newly targeted ones that somehow imply one’s child’s physical, mental, or emotional health is threatened (the grooming (so tempted to put that in scare quotes since its usage is spiking right now in ways I would not have guessed 3 years ago)) and education systems. And, of course, “they’re tying to take away my guns.”

While one is not likely to attack power infrastructure because of kale and veggie burgers, those are somehow part of the group identity which some seem to think you have to pick sides on.

And there is a sort of loose organization.

Remember the Bundy incidents and how AR carrying individuals from across the country responded to the call-to-arms. There are thousands of groups and tens, if not hundreds of thousands of these individuals. Not all are radicalized enough to actually do the actions, but would perhaps provide food, supplies, etc (See the American Convoy and others).

Sadly, some make a living (quite a good one sometimes) grifting, creating inflammatory content, etc. Ye (Kanye) is an odd example in that he doesn’t need the money but is being used by Richard Spencer, Milo, Fuentes, Bongonino, Charlie Kirk, Bundy and others because he “normalizes” their extreme positions and provides more ability to recruit.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And, I get eye strain everytime someone thousands of miles away and seemingly not in regular contact with American cultures (and it’s problems, strengths, and weaknesses) and yet gets what is happening in America right on a regular basis to the point of predicting stuff correctly wants to lecture me on the likelihood of what actually happened being blah blah….
Correction... :roll:

I'm sure that when the police report comes in and find that it had nothing to do with a drag show and that they shot up a substation that didn't supply power to the Drag Queen area, you will admit Social media was wrong in instantly deciding it could only be to do with guys wearing makeup before the police even got there, let alone Police investigators. Oh who am I kidding...
Hic sunt dracones
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Ummm. The power did go out to the Drag show location.
But, it didn’t stop the show.
It went on despite it.

We disagree on the details of this specific event, and time will tell (as you validly point out).

We agree that this could be indicative of larger very real concerns.

On a side note— the title of this thread is “Neo-NAZI Acelerationists”.
—I tend to put groups like the Bundy group into the same bucket of groups I would worry about doing actions like this.
They, I think, would not call themselves Neo- Nazis by any stretch.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Danraft wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:41 am Ummm. The power did go out to the Drag show location.
But, it didn’t stop the show.
It went on despite it.
(And guys with ARs are showing up Drag events)

We disagree on the details of this specific event, and time will tell (as you validly point out).

We agree that this could be indicative of larger very real concerns.

On a side note— the title of this thread is “Neo-NAZI Acelerationists”.
—I tend to put groups like the Bundy group into the same bucket of groups I would worry about doing actions like this.
They, I think, would not call themselves Neo- Nazis by any stretch.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Edited the title.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Danraft wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:41 am Ummm. The power did go out to the Drag show location.
Ya I never said it didn't. Multiple substations were shot up, not just the one that supplied the area where the drag show was going to be.
Hic sunt dracones
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Suranis wrote:Ya I never said it didn't.
Suranis wrote: when the police report comes in and find that it had nothing to do with a drag show and that they shot up a substation that didn't supply power to the Drag Queen area,…
Suranis wrote:Multiple substations were shot up, not just the one that supplied the area where the drag…
Really not a big deal, I just don’t want eye strain… :lol:

It must be late night there…
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The point of the third quotation was to emphasize the fact that there was damage done to a substation that had nothing to do with the Social Media narrative and that was known from the first moment this became news. Despite the fact this made their narrative a nonsense, they still decided to just go with the narrative even though that was an obvious point against it, and people just nodded their heads because the left wing in America are just as desperate to be seen to be under attack as the right wing is.

Looking in from outside, it looks frigging pathetic. It's like a bunch of kids screaming "HE HIT ME NO SHE HIT ME!"

And, as I said before, there were 40,000 people who were given the clear message that the left wing does not give a shit about them or the fact that they were cancelled and attacked too. Just as much as the guys wearing wigs and makeup that everyone wanted to talk about. Except the Residents were stuck there in their houses in the dark and cold, while the wigs and makeup could go home and come back later. Operation success! Recruitment drive getting people! Lets do it again!
Hic sunt dracones
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:10 pm The point of the third quotation was to emphasize the fact that there was damage done to a substation that had nothing to do with the Social Media narrative and that was known from the first moment this became news.
Not from the moment it becase news but from the moment a right-winger posted that the drag show was why the power was out. It wasn't like the lights went out and people started looking to find if anything gay-related was happening in the area to latch onto and claim that was the cause. Someone took the initiative to say they knew why it happened, and that it happened because of the drag show. And that person wasn't a left-winger, she was an anti-gay Catholic. I've noticed that you consistently leave out that fact and blame it entirely on liberals instead.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

And, attacking the power grid is a bridge-too-far for most. I doubt they are getting any support or superior recruiting numbers for that (from normal people).

Those who just want to burn everything to the ground are nobody’s friend. It doesn’t matter what figment they point to for motivation.
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Can't help but notice that this is the same strategy the Russians are employing in the Ukraine, taking out their power stations.

Return to “Other Efforts to Attack Democracy”