Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by AndyinPA »

realist wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:09 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:48 pm Hope you are okay. My husband did accident reconstruction. It will be easy to tell if she was texting or on the phone.

Testing while driving can also be illegal.
That seems as if it would be a neat trick. :confuzzled:
:bag: texting
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:48 pm Hope you are okay. My husband did accident reconstruction. It will be easy to tell if she was texting or on the phone.

Police or you in litigation can request the calls made, text messages sent received at the time of the crash from the telecom company. May be a bit trickier if the drive uses another messaging app. Maybe the police did confiscate the phone and is waiting on a warrant to inspect?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Phoenix520 »

That must have been such a surprise, Dr Ken.

At least it wasn’t this: a compact car is waiting in the left turn pocket for the light to turn green. Next to her car, which btw is packed with children, is a man on a bobcat ( no, not that kind) digging a hole in the median. The man must have been distracted cuz suddenly there’s a loud screeching sound, the compact car is lifted onto its two right wheels while the bobcat rips off its bumper then drops the car with a loud thud, bumper dangling from his little bucket. Kids are flying everywhere inside the vehicle. Once it stops there’s a pause while mama, presumably, makes sure everyone is ok. Then she comes flying out of the car and goes after the bobcat driver, the light turns green… and I have to go. I dunno if she got to him or not.
June bug

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by June bug »

Glad you’re ok, Ken, and totally commiserate with your annoyance!
realist

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by realist »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:58 pm

Police or you in litigation can request the calls made, text messages sent received at the time of the crash from the telecom company. May be a bit trickier if the drive uses another messaging app. Maybe the police did confiscate the phone and is waiting on a warrant to inspect?
Yeah, but they're not going to do that for a simple crash with little or no injuries. "Maybe" in litigation.

But that also has zero to do with accident reconstruction. No way an accident reconstructionist can state someone was texting or on the phone. "Maybe" speculate they were distracted by the phone, the radio, dropped a drink, etc., but most wouldn't even do that.
Image X 4
Image X 32
sugar magnolia

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by sugar magnolia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:49 pm That must have been such a surprise, Dr Ken.

At least it wasn’t this: a compact car is waiting in the left turn pocket for the light to turn green. Next to her car, which btw is packed with children, is a man on a bobcat ( no, not that kind) digging a hole in the median. The man must have been distracted cuz suddenly there’s a loud screeching sound, the compact car is lifted onto its two right wheels while the bobcat rips off its bumper then drops the car with a loud thud, bumper dangling from his little bucket. Kids are flying everywhere inside the vehicle. Once it stops there’s a pause while mama, presumably, makes sure everyone is ok. Then she comes flying out of the car and goes after the bobcat driver, the light turns green… and I have to go. I dunno if she got to him or not.
There's no traffic on this earth that would have kept me from staying for the finale. And of course I'm visualizing her on him like a bobcat protecting her cubs.

That brings up a hysterical memory of the evening we were called (by a hysterical woman) about a cat caught in a drainage ditch. It was a bobcat as we soon discovered, and 3 officers wound up pepper sprayed, 3 injured, and one stuck in the pipe. The cat got away and the woman left before it was all over. Officers are no longer allowed to deal with animals of any species beyond just laying eyes on them and then standing by until animal control shows up. We did that. :)
Dr. Ken

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Ken »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Introduce Yourself”