Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:36 pm
Gupwalla wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:27 pm THE NERVE!

Someone just asked me if I won the departmental Ugly Sweater Contest.

I’m wearing my beautiful holiday sweater today! Its feelings are just a little hurt right now.
Clearly a case of jealousy, wear it with pride!
:yeahthat: :blissy:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Non-ugly Sweater pic or it didn't happen. Show us the non-ugly sweater, guppie!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:41 pm
Beautiful. Just beautiful. :clap:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Oh, that's ice cold! LOVE IT!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Slim Cognito »

That clip will never get old.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I think that video is incorrectly titled. That's actually the family of Brian Sicknick who was killed in the attack.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:58 pm I think that video is incorrectly titled. That's actually the family of Brian Sicknick who was killed in the attack.
You may well be correct.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by mojosapien »

Yoko
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

Brittney Griner live updates: WNBA star swapped for Viktor Bout in prisoner exchange

The U.S. has swapped WNBA star Brittney Griner for convicted Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout, according to a senior U.S. official.
The basketball star was taken into custody at a Moscow area airport earlier this year in possession of vaping cartridges containing hashish oil, an illegal substance in Russia.

Griner pleaded guilty and was sentenced to nine years in prison
https://abcnews.go.com/International/li ... d=94768055

I busted a tear when I heard the news :lovestruck:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

IdiotsInCars.jpg
IdiotsInCars.jpg (161.61 KiB) Viewed 656 times
I periodically browse through the IdiotsInCars subreddit just to amuse myself with the stupid things people do. Most of it is incredibly underwhelming but the occasional complete moron pops up. This one is both idiotic and delusional. Short version: Hears fire trucks, goes chasing after them to "help", passes FD water truck, loses control and flips car.

A few of my favorite things:

"JESUS TOOK THE WHEEL TODAY!!!" (I suggest she consider the implication that if that's true then Jesus wanted her dead.)

Send money.

"I'm not a careless driver had 100% control of my car! That's how it ended up like this!"

:bangwall:
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
duck dodgers
Verified: ✅ Until 23,500

Hijack This Thread

Post by duck dodgers »

Interesting fact of the day:

From mastodon https://mastodon.world/@ScottBeaudin/109478923394117910

Lou Reed & John Cale dressed as Batman & Robin.

In the early days of The Velvet Underground, Lou Reed and John Cale had a day job playing Batman and Robin at birthday parties.

"You can syndicate any boat you row"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Borat targets Trump, Ye and antisemitism at Kennedy Center Honors
Sacha Baron Cohen skit receives mixed response at ceremony for lifetime achievements in the arts

David Smith in Washington
Mon 5 Dec 2022 09.47 GMT

The British actor Sacha Baron Cohen reprised his character Borat and stole the show at the prestigious Kennedy Center Honors in the US on Sunday night, targeting the former president Donald Trump, the rapper Kanye West, now known as Ye, and antisemitism.

President Joe Biden smiled broadly and his wife, Jill, was in fits of laughter as Cohen told risque jokes in the comical accent of the Kazakh television journalist Borat Sagdiyev.

“I know the president of US and A is here,” Borat said to an audience including politicians and celebrities during a segment celebrating the Irish rock group U2. “Where are you, Mr Trump?”

As the audience howled, Borat went on: “You don’t look so good. Where has your glorious big belly gone? And your pretty orange skin has become pale.” He then asked if the Russian leader, Vladimir Putin, and the nerve agent novichok were responsible.

Borat, the star of two hit satirical films, added: ‘But I see you have a new wife. Wawawoooah! She is very erotic. I must look away before I get a Bono.”

The comedian, who is Jewish, then turned his attention to antisemitism in the wake of Trump having dined at his Mar-a-Lago home with the Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes and Ye, who subsequently praised Adolf Hitler and was banned from Twitter for posting an image of a swastika.

Borat said: “Before I proceed, I will say I am very upset about the antisemitism in US and A. It not fair. Kazakhstan is No 1 Jew-crushing nation. Stop stealing our hobby. Stop the steal! Stop the steal!” Some guests burst into laughter while others sat in uncomfortable silence.

He continued: “Your Kanye, he tried to move to Kazakhstan and even changed his name to Kazakhstanye West. But we said: No, he too antisemitic, even for us.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/d ... ter-honors
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

:cry: :cry: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :cry: :cry:

RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’ll watch the videos another time. It’s late and the mr is snoring beside me. Don’t be want to wake him .

I’ll miss Trevor a lot. Talk about hard shoes to fill. Colbert and Stewart were absolute fire, moving on at the top of their game, but I still needed their kind of comedy. I had grave doubts that he could do it but he is brilliant.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

I agree with the new pronunciation of fibromyalgia. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Hijack This Thread

Post by northland10 »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:53 am IdiotsInCars.jpg

I periodically browse through the IdiotsInCars subreddit just to amuse myself with the stupid things people do. Most of it is incredibly underwhelming but the occasional complete moron pops up. This one is both idiotic and delusional. Short version: Hears fire trucks, goes chasing after them to "help", passes FD water truck, loses control and flips car.

"JESUS TOOK THE WHEEL TODAY!!!" (I suggest she consider the implication that if that's true then Jesus wanted her dead.)

Send money.

"I'm not a careless driver had 100% control of my car! That's how it ended up like this!"

Had I used my cruise control like I tried to, I WOULD NOT HAVE CRASHED!!!
I don't think "cruise control" means what she thinks it means.
101010 :towel:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

northland10 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:14 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:53 am IdiotsInCars.jpg

Send money.

Had I used my cruise control like I tried to, I WOULD NOT HAVE CRASHED!!!
I don't think "cruise control" means what she thinks it means.
I suspect that's just one of a long list of things that don't mean what she thinks.
John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

After you install Cockroach on Desktop, you can have very realistic-looking cockroaches crawling around on your desktop and any open windows you have running. Add another cockroach, or five. Double-click on a cockroach to kill it, they disappear. I like to leave just one crawling around, a little distraction and keeps your eyebones moving some. Try that with them fancy-schmancy Apple computers!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Uhm, thanks, but, NO COCKROACHES for me! :biggrin:
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:33 am After you install Cockroach on Desktop, you can have very realistic-looking cockroaches crawling around on your desktop and any open windows you have running. Add another cockroach, or five. Double-click on a cockroach to kill it, they disappear. I like to leave just one crawling around, a little distraction and keeps your eyebones moving some. Try that with them fancy-schmancy Apple computers!
Awww, if you're that lonesome I'm sure somebody can rustle up the real thing for you.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Sheesh, ya try to bring a little fun into people's lives, and what happens? The girls are all screaming, and the guys are making snark. I'ma go back to stomping grapes.
qbawl

Hijack This Thread

Post by qbawl »

Windows 95 < Mac 84
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:08 am I’ll watch the videos another time. It’s late and the mr is snoring beside me. Don’t be want to wake him .

I’ll miss Trevor a lot. Talk about hard shoes to fill. Colbert and Stewart were absolute fire, moving on at the top of their game, but I still needed their kind of comedy. I had grave doubts that he could do it but he is brilliant.
I won't miss Trevor ... He did a fantastic job, but I am excited for him that he's moving on to other endeavors and we will see more of him.

There has been a lot of blathering (mostly coming right-wing media) that late evening talk/comedy/variety shows have been declining in ratings. I think the truth in that is not that the content is in anyway is less, but there are just too many other things available. Nobody has enough hours in the day to watch everything.

So Trevor has left the building. We are also losing James Corden, who is taking his fam back to England (where he will have to relearn driving on the wrong side of the road before we get anymore Carpool Karaoke). :biggrin:
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

qbawl wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:06 am Windows 95 < Mac 84
Windows 3.1 (1992) was way better than Win 95.

Return to “General Stuff”