Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

That was really nice. Thanks!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
humblescribe
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by humblescribe »

Absolutely wonderful!

Thank you for sharing!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

Georgia Sheepdog Fights, Kills 8 Coyotes

Patrick Kuklinski
Tue, December 6, 2022 at 10:41 PM

As we develop further and further into coyotes’ natural range, interactions with pets have only become more common. Often, these occurrences are negative for one or both parties. Coyotes don’t like hanging out with people or their pets, and small pets may be killed if left unattended outside. Bigger dogs often instinctively chase off coyotes from their people. But few dog parents have a story like that of John Wierwiller, whose Georgia sheepdog killed not one, but eight coyotes.

A Dog That Won’t Quit

Casper, a large white sheepdog, isn’t known for aggression. He’s known for a peaceful and calm nature around his flock of sheep. But when an entire pack of coyotes showed up presumably to attack his sheep, Casper fought back. In a fight lasting over half an hour, Casper not only fought, but killed eight coyotes. After the fight, Casper disappeared for two days, leaving his family worried. Thankfully, he reappeared – but with severe injuries from the battle. “He was kinda looking at me like, ‘Boss, stop looking at how bad I look, just take care of me,’” Wierwiller said. A GoFundMe set up to raise funds for Casper’s medical care exceeded its $15,000 goal, and the excess money will be dedicated to other animals in need.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/georgia ... 25657.html
(original Dogtime.com)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

LOL! I watched the video. Mocha came running in, jumped on my lap, and tried to find out where the dog was in the laptop! He's pretty sure that the dog is hiding behind the speakers. :rotflmao:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

Pancake had a similar reaction. Barking dogs and door bells ringing on computers sends her into protectodog mode. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Dogs!

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Mocha had his first vet appointment. Since I have no papers for him, we don't know what tests and shots he's had. We decided to start with vaccinations. Having never met a vet, Mocha was very happy to meet him, the staff and the other dogs. He hasn't had much interaction with other dogs, so he was hyper-happy to meet them. I was worried because he hasn't had much interaction with other dogs, but he was fine.

I listed all the things he needs - vaccinations, testing for heart worms, scheduling neutering, etc. I told the vet that I was concerned about taking him to the dog park until he was neutered and vaccinated, but the vet said he'd be fine unless there is a female dog in heat at the park. And then he asked me if I considered breeding him. I said I had considered it because he is 100% happy, smart, and extremely cute. I'm lucky to have him, and other dog lovers would love to have a happy goofball dog like him. However, I don't have any papers about him and his heritage. More importantly, there are many dogs that desperately need a loving home, so why make more?

Meanwhile, the staff took turns coming out to see him. "What is that dog?" "OMG, he's adorable!" "Can I play with him?" Etc. Of course, Mocha showed off how he walks on his back legs.

The vet wanted me to pick a few tests & shots, perhaps put off nail clipping and some blood tests. He thought Mocha would be stressed. But Mocha wasn't stressed. Tail wagging, licking people. So when the vet came out, he said he will do a dna test if I reconsider breeding him. Meanwhile, the night staff was coming in. (Clinic is open 24/7.) They played with him and, of course, asked what kind of dog he is.

It will take more than a month to finish his vaccinations, so I've got time to decide what to do. :think:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Dogs!

Post by sugar magnolia »

I'm very surprised the vet suggested breeding him. Vets, of all people, know how many rescue animals are in desperate need of homes. My daughter is a vet tech and they have dogs abandoned at the vet often. It's a huge pain in the ass for the vets because there is a minimum 6 week long process to have a dog declared abandoned so it can be rehomed, the cost of whatever they were at the vet for to begin with and the boarding fees for those 6 weeks (or longer) never get paid, and it takes up kennels at the vet that could be used for paying customers. We're looking to adopt a senior dog that was abandoned but it will take 2 months.

Intact males are also frequently Houdinis, howlers, and aggressive in certain situations. You also have to keep a close eye on them and occasionally forego the dog park or walks or whatever.

Sorry for the rant. My daughter's soapbox has apparently rubbed off on me.
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

All of my dogs were rescue dogs. Even Mocha was being dumped. So I know. And I would always be worried about his pups, if he had any. But I did like the idea of adding a Mocha Jr. in my home.
sugar magnolia

Dogs!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Lani wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:39 pm All of my dogs were rescue dogs. Even Mocha was being dumped. So I know. And I would always be worried about his pups, if he had any. But I did like the idea of adding a Mocha Jr. in my home.
Mocha was out there for you. Mocha Jr will be too when the time is right.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Dogs!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Lani wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:24 pm Having never met a vet, Mocha was very happy to meet him, the staff and the other dogs. He hasn't had much interaction with other dogs, so he was hyper-happy to meet them. I was worried because he hasn't had much interaction with other dogs, but he was fine.
:snippity:
Meanwhile, the staff took turns coming out to see him. "What is that dog?" "OMG, he's adorable!" "Can I play with him?" Etc. Of course, Mocha showed off how he walks on his back legs.
Excuse me??!!

This is the story of a major adventure with Mocha, who is becoming the unofficial Fogbow mascot. Where are the pictures? We don't need pictures of every walkies around the neighborhood, but we sure do need pictures of big fun outings like this. YouTube videos would be acceptable in lieu of still photos, BTW.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Dogs!

Post by Luke »

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

War On Dogs Drugs! Call the DEA and storm the pantry ;)
RTH10260

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

Or the Cat thread :think:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

:lovestruck:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by MsDaisy »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:18 am Or the Cat thread :think:
:snippity:
Awwwww! That was SOOOOO cute :lovestruck:
RVInit

Dogs!

Post by RVInit »

Sugar comas, thieving doggies, and cute new friends. Doesn't get much better than this.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
sugar magnolia

Dogs!

Post by sugar magnolia »

My new puppy! He was everything I didn't want. Male, larger than about 15 lbs, puppy.
He's a beagle mix of some sort they think, and now he's mine! No name yet.
Attachments
Puppy.jpg
Puppy.jpg (172.16 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

CUTE PUPPY ALERT!!!!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

He’s adorable and looks to be a match to you in the spirited department! :lol:

Maybe some short haired pointer in him? How did he arrive in your life? 🥰🥰🥰
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

My first horse was everything I didn't want and she was PERFECT!

She was not a small, black Arabian. She was a 16 hand chestnut AQ with appendix title. :biggrin:

Return to “General Stuff”