Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

It seems to me that a couple of the panel members are smirking behind their hands. Rudy is flailing badly IMHO. :shark2:
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

Oh my, what Rudy just said about Black Lives Matter folks. I have no words...
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Rudy Giuliani

Post by RTH10260 »

But... But... but... they were just asking questions 8-)
Rudy Giuliani repeatedly lost his cool during his attorney-misconduct hearing and accused the disciplinary counsel of asking 'sneaky' questions

Sonam Sheth
Tue, December 6, 2022 at 8:53 PM
  • Rudy Giuliani repeatedly lost his temper on day two of his attorney-misconduct proceedings.
    He accused the disciplinary counsel of asking "sneaky" and unfair questions.
    "For that I'm going to get disciplined?" he said as his lawyer tried to shush him. "God almighty."
On day two of his attorney-misconduct hearing, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani lost his temper, accused the disciplinary counsel of asking unfair questions, and went on lengthy rants about the 2020 election while the panel's chairman pleaded with him to give straightforward answers.

Giuliani's asides during the virtual hearing were so extensive that at one point, the disciplinary counsel, Hamilton Fox, said he wasn't sure how long it would take him to get through his questions.

"It depends on whether I get answers or the same thing repeated over and over again," Fox said. "If we can get answers, then—"

Giuliani interjected, saying Fox had made an "unfair comment," and adding, "I'm defending myself, Mr. Fox."

"Ok, Mr. Giuliani, just hold off a little bit," the panel's chairman, Robert Bernius, said.

Giuliani's disciplinary proceedings stem from an ethics case brought by the Washington, DC, bar's Office of Disciplinary Counsel. The case focuses on Giuliani's efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in Pennsylvania, when he was then-President Donald Trump's personal attorney.

The ODC has accused Giuliani of violating Pennsylvania's Rules of Professional Conduct by filing a "frivolous" lawsuit seeking to throw out millions of votes in Pennsylvania and engaging in "conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice."

During Tuesday's proceedings, Giuliani said he believed he was being unfairly targeted.

"I am shocked and offended this is happening to me," he said. The former mayor also repeatedly failed to answer the questions he was asked and veered into long-winded explanations about Pennsylvania's voting procedures and purported voter fraud in other states.

His tangents were so lengthy that Bernius said he couldn't keep track of the line of questioning.

"Mr. Giuliani, I know that you have a lot to say, but honestly, I'd like to finish this hearing by Christmas, and I'm getting concerned that we won't be able to do it," Bernius said. "No seriously, I lost track of the question. If you could just kind of try to limit yourself to answering the question that's posed, and we can move on."

Giuliani said he would try but reiterated that he was attempting to defend himself. He also accused Fox of asking "sneaky" questions to try and corner him.

The former mayor grew more heated as the proceedings continued.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giulian ... 04530.html
(original Insider)
bob

Rudy Giuliani

Post by bob »

For those who don't follow Klayman, Klayman sued Fox approximately a zillion times over Fox's disciplining Klayman.

End result: Klayman's DC license is basically donezo, and Fox has moved on to Giuliani.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

:cantlook:
► Show Spoiler
Azastan
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Azastan »

Someone thinks that Rudy was the best governor of New York ever:

freedom4all
@freeusanow9111
·
17h
Replying to
@RonFilipkowski
Best damn governor of NY
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Okay. Because I am a sucker for this sort of thing, I watched most of the available Guiliani hearing (the first day was not available). Holy. Shit.

As laid out in the article above, the examination of Guiliani was both contentious and agonizing. Guiliani was defiant, idiotic, rude, laughing inappropriately, arrogant, and full of conspiracy theories he is still peddling. So a day that ends in Y.

The long-winded answers were the agonizing part. He would get a yes or no question, which he would begin to respond to (he never answered most questions) by being combative, then he would accuse Fox (the guy doing the questioning) of being unfair, or express shock that Fox didn't understand, and then launch on an explanation of what had actually happened, all jumbled and incoherent, and then a citation he couldn't remember, but he would try to remember, but never mind, the important thing was a law from some other era the he couldn't remember.

At one point his own lawyer begged him to stop. Seriously. And the panel were all squirming and rolling their eyes. Agony. When the judge who was in charge finally begged him to shorten his responses, Guiliani went ballistic and gave that line about how he had to defend himself. But he was in no way defending himself. He was rambling in a pretentious, self-important way that made it apparent he thought he was the big shot in the room holding forth, and that everyone in earshot must be hanging on every word.

"Mr. G., you wrote here that 600,000 votes were illegally cast."

"I didn't say that! Where? Oh, that's a mistake. I meant potentially 600,000 votes, of course."

"But it says 600,000, right?"

"It's not what I meant..." and launch into a two minute explanation of why Fox is being dense for not understanding that he meant "potentially" and then another two minutes on the voting laws in PA oh no wait, that's Georgia, and then a half-baked story about a case he once had and then a reference to some 18th c law he would be unable to fully remember. Agony.

Anyway, a nugget I have to add to the above article is that Guiliani lied through his teeth repeatedly, primarily by saying that the affidavits were all true, and evidence that needed to be investigated. When called out on that, he said repeatedly that filing a case with no evidence was common, and that the purpose of the case was to find the evidence, and that all lawyers did this all the time. Well, I suppose that's better than saying he filed the case to do his bit to get to SCOTUS to see if they'd overturn the election.

The other nugget was that he explained repeatedly that he had to act quickly because, remember, there was a nationwide attempt to steal the election for Biden going on, and that his actions made perfect sense against that backdrop. His big line was that he had to do the best he could to represent his clients, which included filing a case with no evidence (yes, Fox pointed out that if that were the case, the entire court system would collapse).

His lawyer likewise was hard to follow and did his level best never to answer a question. My favorite part was in the closings, when he said that if even one element of Guiliani's case was not frivolous, then he could not be found to have filed a frivolous suit. Fox jumped on that too.

I assume that the panel will not sanction him, because he's white and famous.

I hope I'm wrong.
Suranis

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Suranis »

You're a better person than I am to have sat through that crap. Holy balls.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Rudy Giuliani

Post by pipistrelle »

If anything, they could deem him incompetent due to dementia or whatever is wrong with him.
bob

Rudy Giuliani

Post by bob »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:41 pmI assume that the panel will not sanction him, because he's white and famous.
The D.C. bar went after Klayman's head. It took years and wheelbarrows of cash, but it essentially got Klayman. (You can thank Florida, of course, for not slamming the door on him.)

Now, Klayman is, at best, a down-market Giuliani. But I don't think the D.C. bar lacks resolve or favors the entitled.

Regardless of what the D.C. bar recommends, however, the final decision is with the D.C. Ct. App. (not the D.C. Cir.). And even if it eventually lowers the hammer, that is at least months away from actually happening.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm If anything, they could deem him incompetent due to dementia or whatever is wrong with him.
Couldn't help but think that the Alex Jones jury would sanction him in a flash, because he is so obviously lying--and doing it in the most annoying ways imaginable.

Forgot to mention that Fox ended by saying that it was not hard to conclude that the real motivation for Giuliani's frivolous case work was as a part of the ongoing attempt to steal the election. The panel jumped on him for that because "no evidence on the record."
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:04 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm If anything, they could deem him incompetent due to dementia or whatever is wrong with him.
Couldn't help but think that the Alex Jones jury would sanction him in a flash, because he is so obviously lying--and doing it in the most annoying ways imaginable.

Forgot to mention that Fox ended by saying that it was not hard to conclude that the real motivation for Giuliani's frivolous case work was as a part of the ongoing attempt to steal the election. The panel jumped on him for that because "no evidence on the record."
Thanks for taking a hit for the team.
Gregg

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Gregg »

Azastan wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:21 pm Someone thinks that Rudy was the best governor of New York ever:

freedom4all
@freeusanow9111
·
17h
Replying to
@RonFilipkowski
Best damn governor of NY
Now there is a Trump University PoliSci grad.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:57 pm You're a better person than I am to have sat through that crap. Holy balls.
I dunno, with about as much acid as a 1969 Keith Richards Garden Party, it would actually be fun. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Gregg wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:29 pm
Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:57 pm You're a better person than I am to have sat through that crap. Holy balls.
I dunno, with about as much acid as a 1969 Keith Richards Garden Party, it would actually be fun. :rotflmao:
I was resting a bad back, so I needed something long and informative that I could yell at. :oldlady:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kriselda Gray »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:51 pm I was resting a bad back, so I needed something long and informative that I could yell at. :oldlady:
:rotflmao:
Sam the Centipede

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Sam the Centipede »

There is an odd symmetry in the RWers' actions: they falsely accuse others of attempting to steal elections as part of their attempts to actually steal elections.

A curious symmetry with actual Russian fascists falsely accusing Ukrainians of being nazis in their attempt to steal Ukraine.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Thanks, p0rtia! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Foggy »

Really, thanks p0rtia. I have taken LSD. I can't imagine dropping acid and watching Roodles testify, but ... it's been a very, very long time since I had anything hallucinogenic. :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

The immediate next step after the announcement of a tentative finding by the DC Bar hearing committee is a mitigation phase, where Giuliani can present anything that might weigh against sanctions. He talks about post-9/11 fundraising/relief efforts, support for various charities
Moar at the link, including link to hearing on YT.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Foggy »

He is wearing a charcoal gray jacket and blue pants, and sneakers.

I think the shoes might fit him. :blackeye:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Foggy »

And no, he isn't dressed in the gray and blue of my alma mater, Georgetown University.

gu.png
pipistrelle

Rudy Giuliani

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:17 pm He is wearing a charcoal gray jacket and blue pants, and sneakers.

I think the shoes might fit him. :blackeye:
Where is fierceredpanda when you need him?
jcolvin2
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by jcolvin2 »

Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:22 am Really, thanks p0rtia. I have taken LSD. I can't imagine dropping acid and watching Roodles testify, but ... it's been a very, very long time since I had anything hallucinogenic. :lol:
In the post-election craziness of December 2020, I thought that someone might have spiked my drink with LSD when I saw Guiliani's face start to melt.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”