Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

jemcanada2

Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by jemcanada2 »

noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:27 pm Two questions. First: how much were Dersh and the other lawyers fined (or what other sanctions did the court impose).

Second: is there any truth to Ms. Lake's contention that 32% of the vote tabulators failed on election day? I suspect there is none.

Does she simply mean that the machines failed because they didn't deliver the vote counts that she considers "correct"?
Or how many machines failed because the MAGAt’s insisted on using their own pen because of a crazy conspiracy theory and ended up gumming up the works? :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:27 pmhow much were Dersh and the other lawyers fined (or what other sanctions did the court impose).
The usual method is for the winners to submit receipts and ask for a court order in that amount. Then the sanctionees pick some nits. Then the judge splits a few babies, comes up with a number, and that number makes it into the order.

Sometimes the judge, however, will juice up the number. Yaknow, the keep up the morale of others (i.e., general deterrence).
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

bob wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:35 pm
noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:27 pmhow much were Dersh and the other lawyers fined (or what other sanctions did the court impose).
The usual method is for the winners to submit receipts and ask for a court order in that amount. Then the sanctionees pick some nits. Then the judge splits a few babies, comes up with a number, and that number makes it into the order.

Sometimes the judge, however, will juice up the number. Yaknow, the keep up the morale of others (i.e., general deterrence).
:yeahthat:
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED granting the Maricopa County Defendants’
Rule 11 and 28 U.S.C. § 1927 Motion for Sanctions (Doc. 97).
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that, within 14 days of entry of this Order, the
Maricopa County Defendants shall file a memorandum setting forth the attorneys’ fees
they have reasonably incurred in this case from the time of the filing of Plaintiffs’ first
Amended Complaint (Doc. 3) to the filing of this Order, along with supporting
documentation and in conformance with LRCiv 54.2. No later than 14 days thereafter,
Plaintiffs shall file any Response only as to the reasonableness of the requested award
under LRCiv 54.2(c)(3) and (f).
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AA8F8D86-3490-464B-A4BA-5077FDEA7301.png
AA8F8D86-3490-464B-A4BA-5077FDEA7301.png (307.59 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:35 pm

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:27 pm Two questions. First: how much were Dersh and the other lawyers fined (or what other sanctions did the court impose).

Second: is there any truth to Ms. Lake's contention that 32% of the vote tabulators failed on election day? I suspect there is none.

Does she simply mean that the machines failed because they didn't deliver the vote counts that she considers "correct"?
I'm not sure what the percentage was, but it wasn't state wide - it was Maricopa County only.

My understanding is that it was NOT the tabulator machines that failed, but it was some of the printers that failed to print dark enough for the tabulators. It was corrected by a printer setting.

Furthermore: this problem did not prevent one person - NOT ONE - from casting a ballot. There was a backup system (a lockbox exactly like what would be used if there were no tabulators) in place for just such an event.

There may have been people who refused to use the backup system that left in fake outrage/disgust, but they were in no way disenfranchised by the printer problem - they were disenfranchised by their own action.

> ----- < pause to check some facts >-----<

Fact Check-As printing issue affected some tabulators in Maricopa County, officials say backup options were available for voters
On the morning of Nov. 8, Maricopa County officials informed of an issue affecting tabulators in 20% of the 223 vote centers across the county (bit.ly/3G1wO7l) where ballots already hand-marked by voters did not go through the tabulation machine
Reuters reported that officials later said the problem affected about 60 machines, at a quarter of voting locations in the county, and that by 2 p.m. — around eight hours after the polls opened — 17 had been fixed by changing the printer settings
In a press conference (bit.ly/3hxGCMo), Maricopa County District Supervisor Bill Gates said they had determined the malfunction had to do with some printers not having toner "strong enough” to produce timing marks in ballots. This resulted in tabulators not being able to read ballots.
Voters could stay at their current voting location until the error was fixed. According to Gates, affected locations were still having “intermittent use” of the machines (bit.ly/3UqTjHm).

Voters could drop their completed ballot in the secure slot on the tabulator machines. “This secure ballot box is retrieved by bipartisan workers at the end of the evening and brought to our central tabulator,” Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer, a Republican, said in a statement

The third option was for voters to go to a different voting location. Contrary to some claims online, voters who had already checked-in at one polling station but wanted to cast their ballot somewhere else because of the tabulation malfunction were allowed to do so.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

A3F80A21-6E09-4149-8817-B0D08D01DFA8.png
A3F80A21-6E09-4149-8817-B0D08D01DFA8.png (217.9 KiB) Viewed 934 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Kari, might I inquire of you, "What else are you lying about?"
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Considering how badly trump's attempt to overturn the election via surrogates filing frivolous lawsuits, I can't for the life of me imagine how ...........(don't say it, don't say it)........ errrr Lake thinks this will turn out for her. Are they really that stupid or is she auditioning for something?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Since Faux News had to let go of Lara Trump ....
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Wait, I thought the Italians used a satellite to connect the wi-fi Nest Thermostats to rig the Dominion Voting Machines with the program that Hugo Chavez wrote for the Chinese so the Ukrainians could flip votes.

But it was really a New York Post story, that was read by tens of millions of people, was suppressed that caused Trump to lose?

I'm going to have to relearn everything I knew about the biggest crime ever.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I think Lake is working on becoming Trump’s VP choice.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

She and Kristi can fight it out.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Oh brother.
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: And so it begins.

#ArizonaFirst
raison de arizona

long video, allow me to take notes. blahblah sham elections, sham certifications, they are going to go done as the worst in history.
coup d'état in the 2020 election.
hunter biden. pravda. festering cabal is in charge of our government right now and this is our chance to stand up and fight back.
Maricopa county gave Brnovich the middle finger, this is his chance to stand up and say no. My (Lake) bet is they take the cowardly path, they will be remembered as cowards or worse.
Lawsuit is ready to go (elsewhere I've heard they will file later this week, they have five days.)
Ready to go with an exceptional lawsuit. voter were disenfranchised. All to stop me (Kari Lake) from winning.
Up to and including criminal activity. Nobody believes Katie Hobbs won.
Nobody showed up, people weren't excited. Nobody believes Katie Hobbs won, Katie Hobbs knows she didn't win.
Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: @KariLake: "We're ready to go with what we believe to be an exceptional lawsuit. And we believe we will be victorious in that lawsuit. We'll take it all the way to the Supreme Court, if we have to. We will not stop fighting. Because the people of Arizona were disenfranchised."
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:46 pm Considering how badly trump's attempt to overturn the election via surrogates filing frivolous lawsuits, I can't for the life of me imagine how ...........(don't say it, don't say it)........ errrr Lake thinks this will turn out for her. Are they really that stupid or is she auditioning for something?
VP on the 2024 ticket :cantlook:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
somerset

Post by somerset »

Gregg wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:46 pm Wait, I thought the Italians used a satellite to connect the wi-fi Nest Thermostats to rig the Dominion Voting Machines with the program that Hugo Chavez wrote for the Chinese so the Ukrainians could flip votes.

You left out the Huawei routers ;)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Of course, she feels nobody wanted Hobbs. Her world won't listen to anybody who disagrees, so they only hear their echo chamber.

As for the "my rallies were huger than yours' which both Trump and her tout, there are a bunch of us who don't have the time or interest to go to whatever rally is happening, but we still vote. I think it was in elementary school when we were reminded that a student council election is not a popularity contest (well, not supposed to be). The America Worst party ignores that.

Oh yeah, then there are those MAGA that travel around the country going to Trump rallies. Yeah, you get a bunch of people, but how many can actually vote in that state?
101010 :towel:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

northland10 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:17 pm Yeah, you get a bunch of people, but how many can actually vote in that state?
I wonder how many people there would be at these rallies if all the nonresidents and anyone who had previously attended a rally were weeded out?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Taylor Swift can outdraw them both, with people who pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to be there.

So what?

bob

Post by bob »

Gregg wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:54 pm Taylor Swift can outdraw them both, with people who pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to be there.
And Swift, if elected, would (barely) be eligible to serve as president or vice president. :towel:
Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Azastan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:50 pm
northland10 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:17 pm Yeah, you get a bunch of people, but how many can actually vote in that state?
I wonder how many people there would be at these rallies if all the nonresidents and anyone who had previously attended a rally were weeded out?
Along with anyone being paid to be there
raison de arizona

Poor Kari Lake.
Marc E. Elias @marceelias wrote: Now Kari Lake is blaming her defeat on voter suppression by...wait for it...Google.
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: .@floydbrown: "@KariLake would have been elected Governor if it was not for the suppression of votes and the manipulation of information done by Google."
Embedded video
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: Yes. That's part of it.

Do you blame your catastrophic hair loss on poor genetics?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Why does the guest on Bannon's show have a Hitler hairstyle?

Oh, nevermind.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:07 pm Why does the guest on Bannon's show have a Hitler hairstyle?

Oh, nevermind.
Any guest on Bannon's show has the potential to make you believe in a successful Nazi cloning program.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”