Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Another Shooting

AndyinPA
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by AndyinPA »

I have a nine-year-old grandson. I cannot imagine him being charged as an adult for something like this. Cannot.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:42 pm
The boy's family told detectives he had received an unspecified but "concerning" mental health diagnosis from a therapist and had a history of disturbing behavior, including setting the living room furniture on fire and swinging a puppy by its tail, the complaint says.
:snippity:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/cri ... 689314007/
Two of the Macdonald triad, if you believe that kind of thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macdonald_triad
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Another Shooting

Post by poplove »

Substations Vandalized; More Than Half of County Without Power

:snippity: Officials with knowledge of the situation say electric substations in Moore County were shot at on Saturday, causing more than half the county’s electric customers to lose power.

In a text message to a reporter, Chief Mike Cameron of the Southern Pines Fire and Rescue Department confirmed that substations had been shot at. He said the agency is “preparing to be out of power for 24 hours.”

https://www.thepilot.com/news/substatio ... 5d921.html
charlotteclymer@mastodon.social
@cmclymer
Tonight, there are unconfirmed reports coming out of Moore County, NC of three substations being shot up with firearms simultaneously to cut power to a drag show. Reportedly, nearly 40,000 people in Moore County are currently without power.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Another Shooting

Post by RTH10260 »

FBI in overdrive - domestic terrorist activity observed ...
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

poplove wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:37 pm Substations Vandalized; More Than Half of County Without Power
Rudy Giuliani went out in dress-up and shit got real?

"We must stop this! We will shoot up the power substations! THAT will show them!"

Edit to add: I would not want Rudy, in or out of drag, reading to any kids.
Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

Are people just assuming the reason is to cut power to a drag show, simply because there happens to be a drag show happening within that half of the county? I would have thought a motive would be hard to determine at this point. I could think of much easier and more targeted methods of cutting power to a drag show, if that was the intention.

Reminds me of an awful computer game where the character blows up a power station to get past an electric fence...
Hic sunt dracones
Danraft

Another Shooting

Post by Danraft »

If you read the Twitter thread above, it is clear that people are not “just assuming”.
The Jan 6 woman who resigned from the military was organizing a hub of communication about which teachers were “woke”, etc and tweeted out that “the power is out and I know why” as well as several other threads.

Hoping the rule of FAFO happens with clarity.

This is the type of activity that the podcast on what a new American Civil War would look in the podcast “It Could Happen Here”— isolated but organized acts of violence and terrorism as a result of culture war extremism.
Suranis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:43 am Are people just assuming the reason is to cut power to a drag show, simply because there happens to be a drag show happening within that half of the county? I would have thought a motive would be hard to determine at this point. I could think of much easier and more targeted methods of cutting power to a drag show, if that was the intention.

Reminds me of an awful computer game where the character blows up a power station to get past an electric fence...
p0rtia

Another Shooting

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:40 pm I have a nine-year-old grandson. I cannot imagine him being charged as an adult for something like this. Cannot.
:yeahthat:

I hate it when they do that. Disgusting.
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

She seems nice...
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

Her instagrem. Future gulag resident. I've no idea what a "traditional Catholic prepper" is.

https://www.instagram.com/emilygracerainey
2022-12-04 08.03.20.png
2022-12-04 08.03.20.png (236.61 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

Danraft wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:10 am If you read the Twitter thread above, it is clear that people are not “just assuming”.
I did. I still think people are just assuming. The only evidence presented is some woman making vague statements with no discussion of alternate explinations. Down the replies they say that 2 gun shops were robbed, and frankly right now there's just as much evidence that this was the real target.

Now I agree the woman should be investigated, but saying its her before the police have even finished checking out the Crime scene based on one twitter thread just talking about her, is how lynch mobs are formed.
Hic sunt dracones
jemcanada2

Another Shooting

Post by jemcanada2 »

I can’t wait until God, working in his mysterious ways, has her ass thrown in jail.

:boxing: :boxing:
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:40 am
Danraft wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:10 am If you read the Twitter thread above, it is clear that people are not “just assuming”.
I did. I still think people are just assuming. The only evidence presented is some woman making vague statements with no discussion of alternate explinations. Down the replies they say that 2 gun shops were robbed, and frankly right now there's just as much evidence that this was the real target.

Now I agree the woman should be investigated, but saying its her before the police have even finished checking out the Crime scene based on one twitter thread just talking about her, is how lynch mobs are formed.
I'm basing it more on her flippant attitude and her own words, "it's God's will." Probably not her but she's sure drawing attention to herself by saying she "knows." (That came from her, not others.)
neonzx

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

See. Anyone who pays any attention to Hollywood movies knows you knock out the power to create chaos.
Then in that chaos while everyone is preoccupied you complete the theft.
Danraft

Another Shooting

Post by Danraft »

It would appear to be a coordinated effort vandalizing substations and more information will come out. Alt-Right anti-Woke is the current culture war.

I don’t grok the appeal of “family friendly drag queen shows” or “drag queen story hours for kids”. I kind of assumed that these events were very rare isolated events but I guess they’re more common than I thought? It wouldn’t seem that it should really make any group feel threatened but is just so odd to me that they even happen at all.

When I lived in San Francisco on Post and Leavenworth (lower Nob Hill/ upper Tenderloin not too far from the financial district… I lived just a couple of blocks from the oldest transvestite bar in the nation and they had regular drag shows. It was a fun bar and the shows had some real talent. But it was at night and in an alcohol based environment. Thinking of that sort of thing in a library for activities traditionally meant to encourage kids to discover the joy of reading books seems odd.

What is the motivation? To intentionally stir the pot? Mission accomplished, if that is the objective. Dunno. They certainly don’t deserve to have their lives threatened.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Phoenix520 »

Why did the police go to EmilyGrace in the first place? We’re they pointed or was she already on their radar?

I agree the gun grabbing looks like a potential reason for outing the power but why not both? Cultural warriors can multitask too.
Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

Personally, I find the thought of causing a power cut across half a county to raid 2 gun shops and a Walmart (Which I remind you, sells guns and ammo) to be a fuck load more disturbing than a couple of idiots shooting up substations so a drag show gets cancelled. That shows nothing other than 2 complete fools with ammo, whereas the first means there is a well co-ordinated and organized group that is capable of planning and executing a fairly sophisticated attack and plan to get themselves some hardware. Which means they will be back and doing something even more dangerous next time.

That would scare the shit out of me.
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Another Shooting

Post by tek »

Danraft wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:56 am I don’t grok the appeal of “family friendly drag queen shows” or “drag queen story hours for kids”. I kind of assumed that these events were very rare isolated events but I guess they’re more common than I thought? It wouldn’t seem that it should really make any group feel threatened but is just so odd to me that they even happen at all.
FYI:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_Queen_Story_Hour
neonzx

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

Danraft wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:56 am When I lived in San Francisco on Post and Leavenworth (lower Nob Hill/ upper Tenderloin not too far from the financial district… I lived just a couple of blocks from the oldest transvestite bar in the nation and they had regular drag shows. It was a fun bar and the shows had some real talent. But it was at night and in an alcohol based environment. Thinking of that sort of thing in a library for activities traditionally meant to encourage kids to discover the joy of reading books seems odd.
Fortunately, what you experienced at the alcohol based environment is not what story hour is about.
Danraft wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:56 am What is the motivation? To intentionally stir the pot? Mission accomplished, if that is the objective. Dunno. They certainly don’t deserve to have their lives threatened.
Maybe the intention... I dunno-- stop hate?
Volkonski
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

I am surprised there haven't been more incidents like this. Very large caliber rifles like a .950 JDJ are capable of causing a lot of damage to infrastructure. Things like electric power substations, above ground pipelines, chemical plant reactor vessels etc. were not designed to withstand this kind of damage. The security fencing around such installations was designed to keep people out to protect the people not to protect the equipment.

In my nearly 40 years in the petrochemical industry, plant equipment was designed to withstand wind, flood, electric power loss, fire and even earthquakes. A deliberate attack by terrorists with large caliber rifles was not on our radar.

That must change. However it would take decades to upgrade or replace existing infrastructure.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neeneko

Another Shooting

Post by neeneko »

Danraft wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:56 am When I lived in San Francisco on Post and Leavenworth (lower Nob Hill/ upper Tenderloin not too far from the financial district… I lived just a couple of blocks from the oldest transvestite bar in the nation and they had regular drag shows. It was a fun bar and the shows had some real talent. But it was at night and in an alcohol based environment. Thinking of that sort of thing in a library for activities traditionally meant to encourage kids to discover the joy of reading books seems odd.
Meh, there was a time where ballet could be described along those lines too, and no one would complain about ballerinas reading to kids.

I do not think it is stirring the pot, it is a community that has always been more expansive then the narrow range people tend to think of it, and now it is getting more visibiity.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Another Shooting

Post by raison de arizona »

tek wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:12 pm
Danraft wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:56 am I don’t grok the appeal of “family friendly drag queen shows” or “drag queen story hours for kids”. I kind of assumed that these events were very rare isolated events but I guess they’re more common than I thought? It wouldn’t seem that it should really make any group feel threatened but is just so odd to me that they even happen at all.
FYI:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_Queen_Story_Hour
They used to have them at my kid’s school in Brooklyn. Very innocuous and fabulous. Nothing like some of the rw nut job video I’ve seen.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ms EmilyGrace strikes me as an instigator, fully capable of a plot of this magnitude: Military psyops, J6 participant.

Listen to Chris Hedges on YouTube and tell me we’re not in trouble with the Xianists.
Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

If it's Psy ops, then blathering about a Drag show is her way of masking the real motive, because she will think (correctly it seems) that people will just want to talk about that and tut tut and hand wring about the victimization, and not want to talk about anything else like the real motives...

*edit* Not to mention, saying "drag show" is enough to get people arguing with one another about that rather, than be shocked that people shot up multiple substations at the same time to plunge half a county into darkness. The rest of the county are probably feeling a little bit disregarded, to put it mildly. That's the way to get people angry at the "Woke" people who don't seem to care about them, but only seem to care that a bunch of guys in awful wigs didn't get to strut their stuff.

Pretty foolproof, considering what I've read here. :mad:

Any info on how the county is coping with the blackout?
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”