TESLA and Elon Musk - anything not elsewhere

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Nice response Suranis. I would add that a lot of their "debunking" appears to come from Elon's tweets, which one should put very little stock in. He's a flimflam man.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:clap: :clap:
Defender of Truth in the face of Truthiness. 😘
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Self-made men rarely are.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:11 pm Self-made men rarely are.
Especially the ones that repeatedly tell you they are.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:02 pm
Hmm. Yeah, tell me again about TFG's story that his daddy only floated him a loan of $1million and he parlayed that into billions.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:24 pm Hmm. Yeah, tell me again about TFG's story that his daddy only floated him a loan of $1million and he parlayed that into billions.
Yabbut TFG's story is true: he did parlay a loan of $1million into billions of dollars of debt.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:34 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:24 pm Hmm. Yeah, tell me again about TFG's story that his daddy only floated him a loan of $1million and he parlayed that into billions.
Yabbut TFG's story is true: he did parlay a loan of $1million into billions of dollars of debt.
Actually, by reputable sources... He got hundreds of millions from daddy... That he squandered and had to turn to banks to bail him out. (And he still owes foreign nations/banks). (Hiya China and Russia :wave: )
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:24 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:02 pm
Hmm. Yeah, tell me again about TFG's story that his daddy only floated him a loan of $1million and he parlayed that into billions.
Actually his daddy illegally transferred at least $470 million to him via tax cheats and he has managed to turn that into probably less than zero despite over 50 years of blatant fraud, tax evasion and a whole pile of shit that you can't believe is actually legal even if some of it was.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Musk making up stuff to pump his stock? Color me shocked. :yawn:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Customers could get the BETA version? BETA means in IT parlance an early not fully tested release, use at your own risk! Your own risk in real traffic? I don't think Elon Musk knows what he was promising. I doubt that the DOT or whoever needs to give te green light will approve such a thing.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:08 am Customers could get the BETA version? BETA means in IT parlance an early not fully tested release, use at your own risk! Your own risk in real traffic? I don't think Elon Musk knows what he was promising. I doubt that the DOT or whoever needs to give te green light will approve such a thing.
At this point, alpha and beta have become cool factors or marks of exclusivity as opposed to dev cycle terms. You call someone alpha if it is exclusive invite only, and beta if you want to get the FOMO crowd to use it since they are 'getting in early'.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

H/T @ neenko! I wasn't aware of these marketing terms.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya, I'm playing a game at the moment that's been in "Alpha" for 10 years. (7 days to Die, for the Curious)
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:25 am Ya, I'm playing a game at the moment that's been in "Alpha" for 10 years. (7 days to Die, for the Curious)
I have a shareware utility that was release with good functionality as version 0.1 and it got infrequently updates, but the author never committed to a version 1.0 :lol:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona

Tesla 'Full Self Driving' Is Now Available to Drivers Who Failed Tesla's Safety Tests
The driver-assistance system was previously only available to drivers who scored high on the company's safety monitoring system. Good luck out there.

With just the push of a button on the dashboard screen, any Tesla owner can now have access to the automaker’s controversial Full Self-Driving Beta program. That is, of course, provided they slapped down the $15,000 reservation fee to equip their car with the feature. Given how FSD has performed so far in the real world, we all better watch out.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced the development in a tweet over the Thanksgiving holiday. Previously, FSD was only available to drivers who were deemed safe enough to responsibly use the software, as determined by a driver-monitoring system that scored your relative recklessness or cautiousness. Now, any Tesla owner, including customers who were previously deemed not safe enough to use the system, will have full access, according to Bloomberg.
:snippity:
The system has been plagued with issues, including major safety hazards like turning the wrong way or driving into oncoming traffic.
:snippity:
https://jalopnik.com/tesla-full-self-dr ... 1849825824
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Or as I like to call it. Ford Pinto 2.0 mode.

"Car go boom"
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I just had a youtube livestream "recomended" to me called "tesla live" with 1997 people watching.

So clicked on it out of Curiosity. It turned out to be a Cryptocurrency Stream with Elon himself and 3 other people. The Chat was set -

"Tesla Live turned on subscribers-only mode
Only channel subscribers of 15 years or longer can send messages"

And comments were turned off!

And it seems to be a Bitcoin buffing session talking about how wonderful and "special and very unique" cryptocurrency is and bitcoin in particular is.

Anyway, here is the link if you want to listen to lots of buzzwords and asperations flimflam crap. I had enough after 5 minutes and it has been going for 3 hours.

Elon just said "heh heh I might pump but I don't dump! heh heh" *chuckle and half laughs from the other people* Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi4e4m1OZyY
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

Much of my life these days at my main client, which does not make motorcars, is dealing with shitty code that makes it into production. Code which is 'perfect,' fully QA'd, yet somehow manages to do serious damage.. usually discovered at about 2AM my time at some datacenter on the other side of the world.

I am going to try to steer clear of Teslas from this day forward.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I kinda like that Richard Branson fellow. He is, with out a doubt, an eccentric billionaire. He conceptualized ideas then brought in people to make the projects happen.

Hire people under you who know what they are doing and let them lead.

Elon skipped that course in college.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Reuters link above wrote:The investigation has come at a time of growing employee dissent about Neuralink’s animal testing, including complaints that pressure from CEO Musk to accelerate development has resulted in botched experiments, according to a Reuters review of dozens of Neuralink documents and interviews with more than 20 current and former employees. Such failed tests have had to be repeated, increasing the number of animals being tested and killed, the employees say. The company documents include previously unreported messages, audio recordings, emails, presentations and reports.
tek

Post by tek »

seem to be a lot of fanboys in the replies to that tweet
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Letting a thin skinned, unstable billionaire connect a chip to your brain. What could possibly go wrong?
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He always looks so uncomfortable, and vaguely non-human, like a frog-mouthed bass stuffed into a tuxedo.

Or a frog-mouthed *ass. Both fit.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”