Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Florida may reverse decision on Disney’s Reedy Creek District

I guess even Republican politicians are realizing what a losing game was. Thanks for play, Ronny.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/flori ... ict-report
ORLANDO, Fla. - A resolution to the politically charged conflict that developed this year between the state of Florida and the Walt Disney Company may reportedly be in the works.

The state's lawmakers are working on plans to reverse a move that would strip Disney of its right to operate a private government around its theme parks, according to the Financial Times.

It would potentially resolve the fallout from the "Don’t Say Gay" controversy that dragged the entertainment giant into the culture wars. 

In April, the Florida legislature voted to dissolve Disney’s 55-year-old special tax district following a public feud between Gov. Ron DeSantis and then-chief executive Bob Chapek.

The conflict was over a new state law restricting discussion of LGBTQ issues in classrooms. :snippity:  
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

Theory is Disney has a new GOP-friendly head. Dunno as I don’t dig Disney.
noblepa

Ron DeSantis

Post by noblepa »

The article I read said that, as part of the compromise, DeSantis would get to appoint two of the five Reedy Creek Improvement District supervisors, and Disney would give up the right to build a nuclear power plant or airport on their property (I kid you not. That was in the original agreement).

Now, just wait for the crazies to start screaming that Disney gets to keep their tax breaks. They actually pay higher property tax rates than any other taxpayer in the state, in order to fund the RCID. If RCID were repealed, Disney would save millions in property taxes.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

There is actually an airstrip on the property at WDW, although it was never used for more than what amounted to a few charter flights and Disney personnel movements in the late 60s and early 70s when Disney World was being built.

I don't think DeSantis ever intended to follow through on the whole thing anyhow, he knew what a great deal it was for the state and also that blowing up Reedy Creek would be a disaster for him, Florida and the two counties. It was all done for the publicity and to piss people off, just another event in the performance art that is what Republican Policy is now.

He got his headlines, so he's done and now he needs to fix it before it gets to the FO phase. :smoking:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

In Andrew Warren suspension trial, Gov. DeSantis officials answer: What does ‘woke’ mean?

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/57 ... woke-mean/
During the three-day trial this week challenging Gov. Ron DeSantis’ suspension of Hillsborough County State Attorney Andrew Warren, attorneys for Warren were able to put that question to aides for DeSantis, who called Florida the place where “woke goes to die” in his victory speech after being reelected last month.

Jean-Jacques Cabou, Warren’s attorney, noted DeSantis referred to Warren in his announcement of the suspension as a “woke ideologue” who “masqueraded” as a prosecutor. Then he asked some DeSantis officials what “woke” means to them.

Taryn Fenske, DeSantis’ Communications Director said “woke” was a “slang term for activism … progressive activism” and a general belief in systemic injustices in the country.

Ryan Newman, DeSantis’ General Counsel, echoed the part about systemic injustices, specifically regarding the criminal justice system.

“To me it means someone who believes that there are systemic injustices in the criminal justice system and on that basis they can decline to fully enforce and uphold the law,” Newman said.

Asked what “woke” means more generally, Newman said “it would be the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them.”

Newman added that DeSantis doesn’t believe there are systemic injustices in the U.S. He also emphasized he believed Warren’s “wokeism” led him to sign the pledge not to prosecute abortion crimes, the primary factor that led to his suspension.
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Kent Stermon, aka Ron DeSantis’ bestie, killed himself on Thursday. He was under criminal investigation for sex crimes
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Well, well, Kent. I guess he should have picked a better bestie who could have led him away from bad stuff. :shrug:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Republicans and sex crimes. That's different. [/sarc]
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

:think:
High-profile political donor, who was found dead Thursday, had access card to JSO headquarters

Scott Johnson, Reporter/weekend anchor
Published: December 11, 2022 at 5:08 PM

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The News4JAX I-TEAM is digging deeper into the death of a high-profile political donor connected to top local and state GOP politicians like Gov. Ron DeSantis and Mayor Lenny Curry.

Kent Stermon, 50, was found dead in the parking lot of the Mayport Post Office Thursday night. Foul play is not suspected in his death, police said.

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office confirmed Stermon was the subject of an “active investigation” that started a few weeks before his death, and News4JAX learned from several sources that the investigation involved sexual misconduct allegations.

The I-TEAM has since confirmed that Stermon, who was not employed by the Sheriff’s Office, was given an access card to JSO headquarters for the past five years -- at the same time, he was donating thousands to GOP candidates, including former Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams.

Among his donations to GOP candidates:
Gov. Ron DeSantis received $6,000 from Stermon, $3,000 from his wife and $53,000 from his political action committee
Lenny Curry’s 2019 campaign received $1,000 from Stermon and $1,000 from his wife
Williams received $12,500 for his election campaign committee
Sheriff T.K. Waters received $12,500 for his election campaign committee
Rep. John Rutherford received $16,800 from Stermon’s Total Military Management company
According to a log from JSO obtained by the I-TEAM, Stermon’s access card stopped being used just a few weeks before his death.

The log revealed Stermon swiped his JSO access card hundreds of times from 2017 until Nov. 15, 2022 -- five days before Waters was sworn in, which means these actions took place during the tenure of former Sheriff Mike Williams and interim Sheriff Pat Ivey. Stermon had swiped the card 87 times since the beginning of 2022.

Attorney John Phillips, who is representing a former JSO officer in litigation, put in a public records request to find out why Stermon was granted so much access.

News4JAX has asked JSO about Stermon’s access. Here are some of the questions we posed to the agency
Why did Stermon have a key card to JSO?
How many other private citizens have a key card to JSO and why?
What was Stermon’s involvement in JSO that brought him there all these times?
What was the nature of his last visit on Nov. 15?
Due to it being the weekend, News4JAX didn’t expect immediate answers from JSO but will push for them once the work week begins.

Days before Stermon’s death, Phillips was in a social media battle with Curry over his concerns of key card use.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/202 ... dquarters/
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron DeSantis

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

What times of the day was Stermon using the card? Are there video/audio recordings of him in the offices? What was he doing there? Are the sexual misconduct charges related to prisoners? Questions, I haz them. :?: :?: :?:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Ron DeSantis

In 2015, Stermon was named Citizen of the Year by the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

News4JAX political analyst Rick Mullaney said Stermon has other interests outside of politics.

“For Kent, two of his biggest priorities were higher education in students and law enforcement, also very strong and close relationships with law enforcement in North Florida particularly former sheriff Mike Williams,” Mullaney said. “He certainly never ran for office so you wouldn’t see him that way, he wasn’t on television and he wasn’t in the media but behind the scenes, he was very, very active.”

News4JAX has reached out to the Duval GOP and other local leaders for comment.

Stermon leaves behind his wife and teenage daughter.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/202 ... tic-beach/
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Ron DeSantis

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:37 pm :think:
High-profile political donor, who was found dead Thursday, had access card to JSO headquarters

Scott Johnson, Reporter/weekend anchor
Published: December 11, 2022 at 5:08 PM

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The News4JAX I-TEAM is digging deeper into the death of a high-profile political donor connected to top local and state GOP politicians like Gov. Ron DeSantis and Mayor Lenny Curry.

Kent Stermon, 50, was found dead in the parking lot of the Mayport Post Office Thursday night. Foul play is not suspected in his death, police said.

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office confirmed Stermon was the subject of an “active investigation” that started a few weeks before his death, and News4JAX learned from several sources that the investigation involved sexual misconduct allegations.

The I-TEAM has since confirmed that Stermon, who was not employed by the Sheriff’s Office, was given an access card to JSO headquarters for the past five years -- at the same time, he was donating thousands to GOP candidates, including former Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams.

Among his donations to GOP candidates:
Gov. Ron DeSantis received $6,000 from Stermon, $3,000 from his wife and $53,000 from his political action committee
Lenny Curry’s 2019 campaign received $1,000 from Stermon and $1,000 from his wife
Williams received $12,500 for his election campaign committee
Sheriff T.K. Waters received $12,500 for his election campaign committee
Rep. John Rutherford received $16,800 from Stermon’s Total Military Management company
According to a log from JSO obtained by the I-TEAM, Stermon’s access card stopped being used just a few weeks before his death.

The log revealed Stermon swiped his JSO access card hundreds of times from 2017 until Nov. 15, 2022 -- five days before Waters was sworn in, which means these actions took place during the tenure of former Sheriff Mike Williams and interim Sheriff Pat Ivey. Stermon had swiped the card 87 times since the beginning of 2022.

Attorney John Phillips, who is representing a former JSO officer in litigation, put in a public records request to find out why Stermon was granted so much access.

News4JAX has asked JSO about Stermon’s access. Here are some of the questions we posed to the agency
Why did Stermon have a key card to JSO?
How many other private citizens have a key card to JSO and why?
What was Stermon’s involvement in JSO that brought him there all these times?
What was the nature of his last visit on Nov. 15?
Due to it being the weekend, News4JAX didn’t expect immediate answers from JSO but will push for them once the work week begins.

Days before Stermon’s death, Phillips was in a social media battle with Curry over his concerns of key card use.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/202 ... dquarters/
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

TiredRetiredLawyer has opened a fresh thread on this guy

https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 77#p158577
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

Kyle Griffin :verified:
@kylegriffin1@twtr.plus
A Miami judge has tossed out *another voter fraud case brought by Ron DeSantis' elections police — the third case to fall apart since DeSantis announced the arrests.
https://bit.ly/3Btdltk
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/stat ... 2788635651
Ron DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis wrote: Florida will hold the medical establishment accountable by:
• Creating a grand jury to investigate mRNA shots & Big Pharma
• Investigating cardiac-related deaths tied to the mRNA vaccine
• Forming a Public Health Integrity Committee to oversee the medical establishment
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Ron DeSantis

Post by tek »

Lemme guess, he's gonna have Ladapo head all that.

great.
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Based on previous endeavors, here’s how this will play out:
- He will get a couple dozen Fox hits from it
- Lots of taxpayer dollars will be wasted
- His wealthy political supporters will make millions off it
- Nothing will happen
sugar magnolia

Ron DeSantis

Post by sugar magnolia »

Election fraud commission redux.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

:mad: Florida politics really is a cesspool.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by mojosapien »

Poor Scarface.
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:11 pm :mad: Florida politics really is a cesspool.
You just noticed?
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Mike Lindell questions DeSantis 2022 election win: ‘I don’t believe it’

Caroline Vakil
Fri, December 23, 2022 at 4:10 PM GMT+1

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is questioning whether Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) legitimately won his reelection bid in Miami-Dade County, saying on his streaming show Tuesday: “I don’t believe it.”

Lindell is a big supporter of former President Trump who has made baseless charges about electoral fraud in the past. DeSantis has emerged as perhaps the most dangerous rival to Trump in a 2024 GOP presidential primary.

Trump has already announced his candidacy. DeSantis has not said if he will run for president.

Lindell specifically questioned the big victory DeSantis won in Miami-Dade County on “The Lindell Report.”

The county, which has traditionally gone for Democrats in past elections, swung for DeSantis during the Florida gubernatorial race by 11 points.

No evidence of fraud has circulated and before the election, a number of observers had pointed to the county and suggested that DeSantis had a chance to pull off a big victory.

But Lindell went after DeSantis over Miami-Dade.

“What we’re doing now is I’m going after [Miami-]Dade County and the 2022 election,” Lindell said.

“I look at deviations, everybody. That’s a deviation. I don’t believe it,” Lindell said, later adding that “I’m going to find out if [Miami-]Dade County – what happened there, because it’s a deviation from norm.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-lindell ... 46735.html
(original: The Hill)
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

There's a deviation from norm I could mention.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ron DeSantis

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, I bet DeSantis is terrified.

Why, the number of elections Lindell has had outright reversed, the number of lawsuits he's won, the number of people he's had put in jail, the number of votes he's had thrown out, nationwide, the number of candidates he's proved won their elections, when the election officials said otherwise ...

... is still zero, amirite? Zero is a number, and it's the number of all those things?

Still, DeSantis isn't that bright, and Lindell is nothing if not tenacious. And stupid, but definitely tenacious. In a stupid way.
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”