Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Flatpoint High »

Twitter's "Mute" function is the equivalent of Usenet's Killfile
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

I'm still banned from Twitter. :oldman:
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:28 pm I'm still banned from Twitter. :oldman:
You might not be, have you checked?

Elmo is sitting all the oppressed Masses of RWNJs and such free and you might have slipped under the fence with the scum.

If you still are, hit the buttons to appeal it. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure I want to sit next to you at summer camp, cause you have to be pretty bad if you're still banned on Twitter.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
somerset

Twitter

Post by somerset »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:27 pm Twitter's "Mute" function is the equivalent of Usenet's Killfile
I remember killfiles.

Change one letter in your email address and voila! Stepped around the killfile :biggrin:

(of course, back then I was also naive and bold enough to use my actual email address when I posted to USENET. I thought I was being honest by not hiding behind a pseudonym. It was only after I started receiving 2K+ spam messages a day that I realized that using my real email address was a bad idea).
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

I am a nobody on Twitter, with fewer than 300 followers. My main activity (aside from rebutting Stefanik) is saying Thank You and Right On to public figures who are fighting for all good things.

In the last week, my notifications have been flooded with tweets jeering me or the person I was complimenting with all the usual mean and racist tropes. It's sickening. I don't think it was like this before.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Slim Cognito »

I have actually been on twitter more the last few weeks than probably the last year, but only to block/mute people. I've been even muting people whose views I agree with but I get tired of the Retweet if you blah blah blah so....mute.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Been meaning to post for weeks that since Elmo's takeover, it is no long possible to report a person for being a fake account.

And boy is it needed.
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

Gregg wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:39 pm
Suranis wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:28 pm I'm still banned from Twitter. :oldman:
You might not be, have you checked?

Elmo is sitting all the oppressed Masses of RWNJs and such free and you might have slipped under the fence with the scum.

If you still are, hit the buttons to appeal it. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure I want to sit next to you at summer camp, cause you have to be pretty bad if you're still banned on Twitter.
Well I was earlier today. Yep just checked. Still banned.

Want to check out my Scab collection?
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

They began the review of banned accounts yesterday. There’s still hope, suranis.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Twitter

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:11 pm They began the review of banned accounts yesterday. There’s still hope, suranis.
He'll be alright as long as he didn't call anyone bimbo.... :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Slim Cognito »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:23 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:11 pm They began the review of banned accounts yesterday. There’s still hope, suranis.
He'll be alright as long as he didn't call anyone bimbo.... :lol:
Or, in my case, mimbo (Kevin Sorbo).
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Twitter

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:05 pm :snippity:

Or, in my case, mimbo (Kevin Sorbo).
I use himbo to describe Orlando Bloom...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Elon Musk berated advertisers for fleeing Twitter — and it badly backfired: report
The Twitter owner has chased off half of the company's top 100 advertisers, according to the Financial Times
:snippity:
The tech entrepreneur's first month as Twitter owner has chased off half of the company's top 100 advertisers, who have paused spending over concerns about content moderation and the firing of most of its ad sales team, and Musk has been unable to strong-arm them into returning, reported the Financial Times.

"He seems to put off even those advertisers who wanted him to succeed," said one top advertising agency executive.

Twitter's ad business team has been cut so deeply that many agencies no longer have a point of contact at the company, and four industry insiders said they have received little or no communication in recent weeks, while others complain the ad systems aren't working properly since Musk took over.
:snippity:
https://www.salon.com/2022/11/29/elon-m ... t_partner/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Flatpoint High »

somerset wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:50 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:27 pm Twitter's "Mute" function is the equivalent of Usenet's Killfile
I remember killfiles.

Change one letter in your email address and voila! Stepped around the killfile :biggrin:

(of course, back then I was also naive and bold enough to use my actual email address when I posted to USENET. I thought I was being honest by not hiding behind a pseudonym. It was only after I started receiving 2K+ spam messages a day that I realized that using my real email address was a bad idea).
you'd see the 'killed' post if someone replied to it
I learned how to edit the metadata on a post -
X-No-Archive: Yes --> post wouldn't be saved
X-No-Archive: No
X-Comment: Put whatever here.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

The Guardian version
Elon Musk accuses Apple of threatening to remove Twitter from App Store
Twitter owner says Apple gave no reason for the potential ban and had stopped advertising on the platform

be a confirmation that Twitter content moderation is a problem for Apple. Photograph: Thiago Prudencio/SOPA Images/REX/Shutterstock
Dan Milmo Global technology editor
Mon 28 Nov 2022 22.31 GMT

Elon Musk has accused Apple of threatening to remove Twitter from its App Store without giving a reason to the social media platform.

Twitter’s new owner also said the iPhone maker had stopped advertising on Twitter, prompting him to ask if the tech group hated free speech.

Musk revealed the potential App Store ban in a series of tweets on Monday. He tweeted: “Apple has also threatened to withhold Twitter from its App Store, but won’t tell us why.”

Musk appeared to confirm that Twitter content moderation was an issue for Apple. Asked by a journalist user if Apple was “threatening Twitter’s presence in the App Store or otherwise making moderation demands”, Musk replied “yes”.

Apple has been contacted for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -store-ban
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

To no one’s surprise -

raison de arizona

Twitter

Poor Elon, Apple App Store doesn't want him, the EU doesn't want him. What's next? Google Play?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

FT above wrote:The warning from Brussels came in a video call between Musk and Thierry Breton, the EU’s commissioner in charge of implementing the bloc’s digital rules, according to people with knowledge of the conversation.

Breton told Musk that Twitter must adhere to a checklist of rules, including ditching an “arbitrary” approach to reinstating banned users, pursuing disinformation “aggressively” and agreeing to an “extensive independent audit” of the platform by next year.

Musk was warned that unless he stuck to those rules Twitter risked infringing the EU’s new Digital Services Act, a new law that sets the global standard for how Big Tech must police content on the internet. Breton reiterated Twitter could face a Europe-wide ban or fines of up to 6 per cent of global turnover if it breached the law.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:14 pm
FT above wrote: Breton reiterated Twitter could face a Europe-wide ban or fines of up to 6 per cent of global turnover if it breached the law.
To which Elon countered with an offer of $8.
raison de arizona

Twitter

On his radio program today, Hannity explained that the $8 blue check fee is necessary to prevent Twitter from becoming a left wing cesspool. And that Elon Musk will back down to no government.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:16 pm On his radio program today, Hannity explained that the $8 blue check fee is necessary to prevent Twitter from becoming a left wing cesspool. And that Elon Musk will back down to no government.
And what is the plan by Elon to keep it from becoming a right-wing fact-free cesspool? :think:
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Twitter

Post by Slarti the White »

neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:19 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:16 pm On his radio program today, Hannity explained that the $8 blue check fee is necessary to prevent Twitter from becoming a left wing cesspool. And that Elon Musk will back down to no government.
And what is the plan by Elon to keep it from becoming a right-wing fact-free cesspool? :think:
Um... it appears that becoming a right-wing fact-free cesspool IS the plan and it's right on schedule. I'm sure it will be the #2 site on the right (behind Truth Social) any day now...
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Elon Musk may be the giant in the room. He's certainly used to getting his way. But now he's bumping heads with entities much bigger than him - Apple and the EU, to begin with. He can't bully them around. It makes for interesting times, that's for sure.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

The problem with getting in trouble with the EU is that they have a protocol to follow and until some fine goes into effect and money changes hand it can take up to five years. :(
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:02 pm Poor Elon, Apple App Store doesn't want him, the EU doesn't want him. What's next? Google Play?
Apple is not doing anything more than Google, he just picked a fight with Apple for his own reasons.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”