Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

If the Democrats were to be clever their DNC would set up a Mastadon server of their own as gathering point. Perhaps have the state party organizations do the dezentralized approach and have a few extra servers accross the US. Comes of course with the extra responsability to moderate the discussions. I guess at this time they could pick up some technical talent to provide this service.
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... erify+wall
Elon Musk said that Apple Inc. has cut back its advertising on Twitter Inc. and even threatened to withhold the social network from its app store, suggesting that a fight is brewing between the two companies.

“Apple has mostly stopped advertising on Twitter,” Musk tweeted on Monday. “Do they hate free speech in America?” He then posted again and included the Twitter account of Apple Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook: “What’s going on here?”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:36 pm https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/ ... 4941547520
Ars Technica @arstechnica
Twitter is now having trouble paying some employees on time
arstechnica.com
Twitter missed payroll for some European staff this month
Employees hit with overdraft fees after paychecks fail to show up on schedule.
7:27 PM · Nov 28, 2022
The ArsTechnica article mentions that payouts are hindered by fraud detection and prevention mechanisms at banks.

Further upthread it was said that HR staff had prepped the last run of the payment system when they were kicked off Twitter payroll.

My hunch is that many of those cheques and money transfer orders have been dated and signed with names that are no longer working at Twitter on that later date, orders issued after they were no longer company employees.
tek

Twitter

Post by tek »

“Apple has mostly stopped advertising on Twitter,” Musk tweeted on Monday. “Do they hate free hate speech in America?”
FIFH
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:46 pm https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... erify+wall
Elon Musk said that Apple Inc. has cut back its advertising on Twitter Inc. and even threatened to withhold the social network from its app store, suggesting that a fight is brewing between the two companies.

“Apple has mostly stopped advertising on Twitter,” Musk tweeted on Monday. “Do they hate free speech in America?” He then posted again and included the Twitter account of Apple Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook: “What’s going on here?”
I guess Elon needs to learn what free speech means... even when it comes from a paying advertiser ditching you.
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:17 am He's trump's level of crazy.
My new nickname for him is: Caligula. '

Shoutout to the horse.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:54 am Elon trying to show off for the rightwingers

The gun is a toy and has no trigger.
I see a guy who drinks a lot of junk and is too lazy to clean up after himself. And who doesn’t read.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:46 pm https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... erify+wall
Hate free speech? Naw. Apparently, we sure do free hate speech over here, though.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Reddog

Twitter

Post by Reddog »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:08 pm
Hate free speech? Naw. Apparently, we sure do free hate speech over here, though.
Hate-free speech could lessen the rhetoric wildfire that seems to be growing towards violence. Sorry half-formed metaphor, hopefully it makes sense and can be improved on.
Kendra

Twitter

Post by Kendra »

Vindman will be next on Deadline Whitehouse to discuss this Twitter kerfuffle, if anyone's interested.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Flatpoint High »

FisH0RAVsAADKYG.jpeg
FisH0RAVsAADKYG.jpeg (67.13 KiB) Viewed 628 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:17 am He's trump's level of crazy.
I think the empty bottle is for urine. Have we checked how long his fingernails are lately?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Has Musk tried to stiff Apple for lower ad fees?
neonzx

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Need help.30% comment from Tim Cook. Is that the cut rate Apple wants for advertising on the Musk-decimated platform?

Sounds reasonable.

Waiting for Elon to counter with $8.
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 pm Need help.30% comment from Tim Cook. Is that the cut rate Apple wants for advertising on the Musk-decimated platform?

Sounds reasonable.

No, when you list an app on the Apple Store, Apple charges 30% of whatever you charge for the app. Elmo doesn't want to pay it.

Now, Twitter being free to users, he doesn't have to pay it. So actually, Elmo is just trying to ruin Apple's good will by making people who do pay for other apps hate Apple for taking 30% of that 99 cents they just paid for the Fart app. :smoking:

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Gregg wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:57 pm
neonzx wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 pm Need help.30% comment from Tim Cook. Is that the cut rate Apple wants for advertising on the Musk-decimated platform?

Sounds reasonable.

No, when you list an app on the Apple Store, Apple charges 30% of whatever you charge for the app. Elmo doesn't want to pay it.

Now, Twitter being free to users, he doesn't have to pay it. So actually, Elmo is just trying to ruin Apple's good will by making people who do pay for other apps hate Apple for taking 30% of that 99 cents they just paid for the Fart app. :smoking:
Apple will take 30% of Musk’s $8. That’s why he’s pissed. As if it was a big surprise. Don’t like it? Don’t distribute your app on Apple. Google does the same thing. Fortnite already fought this battle and pulled their app off those platforms. Seems to have worked ok for them, I guess.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It’s being reported that Apple spent almost $50M in advertising on Twitter in the first quarter of this year. :o And this is who Musk chooses to insult?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:45 am It’s being reported that Apple spent almost $50M in advertising on Twitter in the first quarter of this year. :o And this is who Musk chooses to insult?
Musk, like TSG, forgets that some people are big enough to hit back and make it stick.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Uninformed

Twitter

Post by Uninformed »

“Elon Musk set to become number-one influencer on Twitter”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63751515

“Tuesday, 17 January 2023 is the day analysts predict Elon Musk will become the number-one influencer on Twitter.
With 120 million followers, his account, @ElonMusk, is already the second most followed, after @BarackObama, the former US president's, which has 130 million.”

“Over the past 12 months, he has gained 268,303 followers a day, on average, according to Social Blade, and lost followers on only five days, which can all be linked to news events.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:45 am It’s being reported that Apple spent almost $50M in advertising on Twitter in the first quarter of this year. :o And this is who Musk chooses to insult?
And he just pissed it away for 30% of I think I read $14 million, or $4.2 million.

Almost as smart a businessman as Donald Trump.

:rotflmao:

DrConspiracy
Verified:

Twitter

Post by DrConspiracy »

neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:21 pm ...
Doc, It looks like mostly you are your own enemy. You curated the list of people you follow. My list has no nutjobs.

Dinesh and MTG... really? :faint:
I don't follow those folks; people I follow do. For example Jack Ryan and Dave Weigel follow Jim Jordan, which puts Jim Jordan tweets at the top of my feed. Loren Collins follows Dinesh D'Souza.
neonzx

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

DrConspiracy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:20 am
neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:21 pm ...
Doc, It looks like mostly you are your own enemy. You curated the list of people you follow. My list has no nutjobs.

Dinesh and MTG... really? :faint:
I don't follow those folks; people I follow do. For example Jack Ryan and Dave Weigel follow Jim Jordan, which puts Jim Jordan tweets at the top of my feed. Loren Collins follows Dinesh D'Souza.
I've not experienced my feed being polluted by persons I do not follow. Maybe I have some switch set. Or maybe it's because I have my feed toggled to show "newest" and not the default sort where twitter decides for me what tweets I should read. Perhaps that default "top" tweets sort is what "suggests" tweets of persons they think I may be interested in because someone I follow follows said nutjob person.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I don't have a Wired account, but this is what they preview on this article - Layoffs Have Gutted Twitter’s Child Safety Team

Just one person remains to enforce the company’s ban on child sexual abuse content across Japan and the Asia Pacific region.

Removing child exploitation is “priority #1”, Twitter’s new owner and CEO Elon Musk declared last week. But, at the same time, following widespread layoffs and resignations, just one staff member remains on a key team dedicated to removing child sexual abuse content from the site, according to two people with knowledge of the matter, who both requested to remain anonymous. 

It’s unclear how many people were on the team before Musk’s takeover. On LinkedIn, WIRED identified four Singapore-based employees who specialize in child safety who said publicly they left Twitter in November. 
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

If one mutes people, they won’t show up even when quoted by others.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”