Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

...so the country has no right to your testimony.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Mike Pence to join Bannon for a few weeks of common entertainment? :biggrin:
June bug

Post by June bug »

In the first place, the “opportunity lost” was because the Republicans killed the bipartisan commission he’s swooning over. Then McCarthy insisted on naming attack dogs to the House Committee.

And he could easily have invoked executive privilege on any questions about deliberations in the White House.

What a sleaze.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN just had Kinzinger on after those comments came out :boxing:

I wasn't going to bother with his big town hall on CNN tonight, but now I'm tempted...
June bug

Post by June bug »

Kendra wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:30 pm CNN just had Kinzinger on after those comments came out :boxing:

I wasn't going to bother with his big town hall on CNN tonight, but now I'm tempted...
I don’t think Jane Tapper will press him on it, or on anything really difficult. It seems to me that Tapper has made his decision to get along with the new power structure at CNN.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

June bug wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:38 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:30 pm CNN just had Kinzinger on after those comments came out :boxing:

I don’t think Jane Tapper will press him on it, or on anything really difficult. It seems to me that Tapper has made his decision to get along with the new power structure at CNN.
That's been my take as well. Still, Town Hall -doesn't that mean the people in the audience get to ask questions? I don't watch enough of these to know how they're structured.
June bug

Post by June bug »

I think audience questions are included. I wonder though, about how the questions and/or the questioners are “vetted”.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

About the Adam Kinzinger interview with Nicole Wallace today, so far the only link I can find is the general one up at her website.

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house

Edited to add: Got it!

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Former White House aide Kellyanne Conway is meeting in person right now with the Jan 6 committee sources tell
@haleytalbotnbc
& me.
Conway was not subpoenaed publicly & the committee won’t say if she was appearing voluntarily.

Conway was spotted by pooler
@GabeFerris
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Former U.S. Secret Service agent and White House Deputy Chief of Staff Anthony Ornato is slated to be interviewed on Tuesday before the House committee investigating the January 6th attack, according to two sources familiar with the matter.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: The Jan. 6 committee had its final planned interview today and now turns to unfinished business. Chairman Thompson tells me potential perjury referrals will be among its final considerations.

For who? “Stay tuned.”

Tidbits here, w/
@nicholaswu12
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

House Jan 6 Committee chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) tells reporters the committee *will* make criminal referral(s) .. but didn't yet reveal against whom

Time is running short. Committee must wrap work by end of month
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/politics ... index.html

The House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, insurrection is considering criminal referrals for at least four individuals in addition to former President Donald Trump, multiple sources told CNN.

The panel is weighing criminal referrals for former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, right wing lawyer John Eastman, former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark and Trump’s former lawyer Rudy Giuliani, the sources said.

The committee has not officially decided whom to refer to the Justice Department for prosecution and for what offenses, sources said. The four individuals who are among those under consideration, and whose names have not been previously reported, provide a window into the panel’s deliberations.

While the criminal referrals would largely be symbolic in nature – as the DOJ has already undertaken a sprawling investigation into the US Capitol attack and efforts to overturn the 2020 election – committee members have stressed that the move serves as a way to document their views for the record.

A spokesperson for the January 6 committee declined to comment.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I hereby officially revive the Gang of Four designation and apply it to these four Earthlings.
:|
Out from under. :thumbsup:
realist

Post by realist »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:32 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/politics ... index.html

The House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, insurrection is considering criminal referrals for at least four individuals in addition to former President Donald Trump, multiple sources told CNN.

The panel is weighing criminal referrals for former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, right wing lawyer John Eastman, former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark and Trump’s former lawyer Rudy Giuliani, the sources said.

The committee has not officially decided whom to refer to the Justice Department for prosecution and for what offenses, sources said. The four individuals who are among those under consideration, and whose names have not been previously reported, provide a window into the panel’s deliberations.

While the criminal referrals would largely be symbolic in nature – as the DOJ has already undertaken a sprawling investigation into the US Capitol attack and efforts to overturn the 2020 election – committee members have stressed that the move serves as a way to document their views for the record.

So nothing, like we've seen before.
Image X 4
Image X 32
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:faint:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

realist wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:36 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:32 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/politics ... index.html

I disagree. Having a criminal referral from a bipartisan Congressional Committee certainly gives DoJ cover from any cries of political prosecution. Notwithstanding that what's left of the Republican Party doesn't consider them to be real Republicans.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:34 pm I hereby officially revive the Gang of Four designation and apply it to these four Earthlings.
:shock: not only the Chinese Virus, but...
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:34 pm I hereby officially revive the Gang of Four designation and apply it to these four Earthlings.
What? You find Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to extreme...?????
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:16 pm What? You find Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to extreme...?????
I can't spell calypso apostrophe accordion whatever. :oopsy:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:46 pm
realist wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:36 pm

I disagree. Having a criminal referral from a bipartisan Congressional Committee certainly gives DoJ cover from any cries of political prosecution. Notwithstanding that what's left of the Republican Party doesn't consider them to be real Republicans.
In addition, too, also, could not the Select Committee have additional ebidence that would corroborate, confirm, or otherwise augment ebidence that the DOJ already has?

I think it is good to have a little something extra in one's pocket for the unexpected. (Excuse me while I tighten my belt and adjust my suspenders.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/1 ... t-00073402
What the Jan. 6 select committee’s final report will look like
A large executive summary describes former President Donald Trump’s culpability for his extensive and baseless effort to subvert the 2020 election, according to people briefed on its contents.
One more week :waiting:
Edit: Nicolle Wallace is breaking this story down on her opening piece on Deadline White House.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/13/politics ... index.html
Rep. Bennie Thompson, the chairman of the House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, insurrection, told reporters the committee will hold its final public meeting on Monday and that the panel’s full report will come out December 21.

Thompson, a Democrat from Mississippi, said the committee will approve the panel’s final report on December 19 and make announcements about criminal referrals to the Justice Department, but the public will not see the final report until two days later.

“We will do all of the business of the committee on the 19th,” Thompson said, which includes voting on the final report.

MORE: Chairman Thompson says the select committee will have what is likely to be its final meeting (to vote on its report and referrals) at 1 pm on *Dec. 19*
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A
@January6thCmte
update, courtesy of
@BennieGThompson
, who tells reporters they're trying to get their report to the printer by noon today, referrals are "done" and we'll get just about everything on Monday - just probably not transcripts, etc.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Shocking to see competency in action.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”