Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
chancery
Verified:

Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by chancery »

You can find a link to and a discussion of the Giuliani search warrant case here: viewtopic.php?p=128141&hilit=giuliani#p128141

I wrote on August 20:
chancery wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:50 pm Based on this very limited research, it appears that Trump is probably not entitled to review by a special master, because he is neither a criminal defense lawyer with federal clients nor currently the President. In addition, he's probably waived any right to such a review by not filing a motion immediately.
Of course, Judge Cannon surprised me and not a few others. I'm hoping that the 11th Circuit will shortly vindicate our initial analysis.
chancery
Verified:

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by chancery »

New special counsel & US attorney (SDFL) hard at work on this Thanksgiving ....
The likelihood that either the Special Counsel or the U.S. Attorney spent any time on this letter is low. ;)
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:07 pm
New special counsel & US attorney (SDFL) hard at work on this Thanksgiving, rebutting arguments from Trump lawyers in Mar-a-Lago docs case. (May look like 1st public special counsel stationery but we had stmt last week. Letterhead looked improvised)
So Smith is gonna fact check ShitGibbon real time. Approved!
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:07 pm
New special counsel & US attorney (SDFL) hard at work on this Thanksgiving, rebutting arguments from Trump lawyers in Mar-a-Lago docs case. ...
If you're wondering what this is responding to, it was this letter Trusty sent the day after oral argument. I gather it purports to be submitting a "supplemental authority" on the question he couldn't answer in the oral argument.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

You know, i get that former presidents are still called "President" as in "President Carter." HOWEVER, usually the first instance (at least that I've seen) is "Former President Carter gave a talk today...President Carter said..." I'm exhausted with the fiction he's the current president with all the privileges appertaining thereto.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Here is an audio recording of the hearing
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Maybe it’s been brought up already but has anyone noticed that Jack Smith looks an awful lot like Coach Beard from Ted Lasso?
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

All I know is he looks like someone you do not fuck with.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Played by F Murray Abraham in the movie.
7847BB1C-79A1-428D-BC69-94C6ACAE4DE2.jpeg
7847BB1C-79A1-428D-BC69-94C6ACAE4DE2.jpeg (460.82 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

18trump-special-counsel-jack-smith-1-489e-articleLarge copy.jpg
18trump-special-counsel-jack-smith-1-489e-articleLarge copy.jpg (23.08 KiB) Viewed 1021 times

Jack Smith

MV5BNDBhMDNkNWUtMjNlMy00ZTA1LWJjZDUtNDYyZDc2YTgyM2RhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDU5MDEyMA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
MV5BNDBhMDNkNWUtMjNlMy00ZTA1LWJjZDUtNDYyZDc2YTgyM2RhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDU5MDEyMA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (26.4 KiB) Viewed 1021 times

Brendan Hunt as Coach Beard on Ted Lasso

(I wasn't on a device last night where I could grab the photos easily.)
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

That's what Michael Fanone is going to look like 10 years from now.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Kinda looks like my brother.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Or just about any guy from Idaho. He's got that pissed off spud miner gaze.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Truly, the downfall of this country began when people started eating those awful Idaho "potatoes" instead proper real potatoes from the North Fork of Long Island. ;)

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Since I am too lazy to look it up does someone know if the 3 judge panel who heard oral argument on the appeal of Loose Cannon's entire abominable ruling are the same ones who granted the DoJ an injunction on classified documents?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Reality Check wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:42 pm Since I am too lazy to look it up does someone know if the 3 judge panel who heard oral argument on the appeal of Loose Cannon's entire abominable ruling are the same ones who granted the DoJ an injunction on classified documents?
They were not.***

Update: I got curious, and checked. It was a random panel both times, as I understand it, BUT in fact two of the judges were the same for each hearing: Britt Grant and Andrew Brasher. Both Trump appointees. Pryor, a Bush appointee, made up the third in last weeks hearing. In the December hearing, the third was Rosenbaum, an Obama appointee.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I think two of them were the same though--Chief Judge Pryor and Judge Grant, IIRC.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:47 pm I think two of them were the same though--Chief Judge Pryor and Judge Grant, IIRC.
You are right that two judges were the same (Grant and Basher). Pryor is new this time around. I knew it was a different draw, but didn't consider that the same judges might be picked.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yes, I know this is a parody account.

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:rotflmao:
FimcDX0X0AABd4c.jpeg
FimcDX0X0AABd4c.jpeg (36.75 KiB) Viewed 543 times
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

So Zee Furher is just like James Woods....except cheeseburgers are used catch him rather than candy....

"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Obviously that went waaaay over my head, which reminded me of a clip from Absolutely Fabulous (if you're familiar with the show, great, if not, sorry too much to explain and would go off-topic). Anyhoo, Patsy, one of the drunken neer-do-wells that stars in the show was sitting at a table with her eternal glass of wine when her friend says something something "has to be done at 7 a.m." Patsy stared blankly into space and says "Those words mean nothing to me."

It's kinda like that.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Imagine Trump's lawyers may not love the final line of his latest Truth Social post. "When will you invade the other Presidents’ homes in search of documents, which are voluminous, which they took with them, but not nearly so openly and transparently as I did?"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”