Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Phoenix520
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Oh, darn, poppy. :bighug:
MN-Skeptic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by MN-Skeptic »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Best T'giving in a long time for us. My brother and s-i-l hosted at their house with just us, them, and one other friend. The conversation as we were stuffing our faces consisted of "this dressing is fantastic! Is it from Primos?" and a couple of "this is soooo good. Where did you get it?" "Pass me another Sister Shubert's please." "That lady at Kroger makes the best cranberry chutney but it tastes like she's outdone herself this year." "The smoked turkey is perfect! Is it Logan Farms?"

We're all 5 of us very good, adventurous home cooks and yet not one single thing on the table was home cooked this year and we were all perfectly happy with that. We sat and chatted and ate and played with the dog and drank wine and it was sublime!

This is the first T'giving without my dad and he was ALLLLL about the holidays, so we went to my mom's for breakfast. My son met us out there and we noshed and hung out and looked at the lake, played with the dog and chatted. I did take bacon and egg muffins and one of those 2 ingredient tik tok pumpkin and cinnamon roll casseroles (a huge hit with everyone) so I did do a (very) little cooking. My mom sent us home with ambrosia and shrimp salad and quiche too.

Cancer free so far, no more treatments until the middle of January and all of my most recent surgery incisions are healing nicely, so I have much to be thankful for.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by RTH10260 »

Greatgrey wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:52 am Apparently it’s unconstitutional to discuss politics today, according to Trump’s lawyer.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 8508539904
Must be something like one cannot elect a Justice to SCOTUS in an election year ... :brickwallsmall:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
AndyinPA
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by AndyinPA »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:41 pm Best T'giving in a long time for us. My brother and s-i-l hosted at their house with just us, them, and one other friend. The conversation as we were stuffing our faces consisted of "this dressing is fantastic! Is it from Primos?" and a couple of "this is soooo good. Where did you get it?" "Pass me another Sister Shubert's please." "That lady at Kroger makes the best cranberry chutney but it tastes like she's outdone herself this year." "The smoked turkey is perfect! Is it Logan Farms?"

We're all 5 of us very good, adventurous home cooks and yet not one single thing on the table was home cooked this year and we were all perfectly happy with that. We sat and chatted and ate and played with the dog and drank wine and it was sublime!

This is the first T'giving without my dad and he was ALLLLL about the holidays, so we went to my mom's for breakfast. My son met us out there and we noshed and hung out and looked at the lake, played with the dog and chatted. I did take bacon and egg muffins and one of those 2 ingredient tik tok pumpkin and cinnamon roll casseroles (a huge hit with everyone) so I did do a (very) little cooking. My mom sent us home with ambrosia and shrimp salad and quiche too.

Cancer free so far, no more treatments until the middle of January and all of my most recent surgery incisions are healing nicely, so I have much to be thankful for.

Nice to hear your dinner story. I made the decision yesterday after my third (fourth?) day of making Thanksgiving dinner that I've had enough. I will cater or buy prepared, but I'm done.

And your news about the cancer is great!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Kendra »

Love the Muppets.

From Taco Time NW's FB page:

Their Tater Tots are the bomb.

How cool is this? I believe that's my local Safeway and I didn't want to venture in and face crowds :/

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/nfl ... Rz1LzlCgzM
KENT, Wash. — Shoppers at a Safeway in Kent got a big surprise on Tuesday night from multiple Seattle Seahawks rookies.

They partnered with Safeway to take care of every shopper's grocery bill at checkout for one hour.

Scott Larson and his family were surprised and starstruck. He’s a big Seahawks fan!

"He shook my hand and asked if I was a Seahawks fan and I said yes and he said he’d like to pay for my groceries. My whole wall is Seahawks, so it’s awesome," Larson said.
John Thomas8

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by John Thomas8 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:41 pm
Magnificent!!!!!!!!!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by keith »

Crapola.

I forgot to take a photo of our thks dinner.

20 great friends, lots of food, lots of GREAT wine, and no whine.

I did 2 turkey breasts in the crock pot, and then 'pulled' them. Itried dumping heaps of buffalo wing sauce into one batch, but in the end you couldn't really taste it. I'll have to experiment more with that one.

Happy T-day to you all and don't overdo the football
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Lani

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Lani »

No fancy Thanksgiving dinner for us, although I said I'd pick up the bill. Son's partner is still recovering from surgery, and she decided she preferred going to a movie theater. We haven't done since covid. She picked Wakanda Forever, and they are on their way to pick me up. If we want dinner afterwards, there are lots of little restaurants in Honolulu.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MN-Skeptic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I got home from my brother's about 10pm. It's a 50 minute drive up the interstate. It was so nice to see the parking lots of the big box stores deserted. No one was standing outside in lines waiting for the stores to open. My husband and I drove by some of those large shopping areas years ago coming home on Thanksgiving evening from my folks, and the parking lots were crazy! I think it's better for all of us - customers and store employees - that the store now wait until Friday morning to open.
Phoenix520
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ahahahahaha! We went to pick Sprout up from work in my sister’s new Tesla, and she had the turn signals set to “Fart” sounds!!

I must be 12 years old. I laughed every time, like hard.
Lani

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Lani »

Our Thanksgiving Day is now over. Our dinner was popcorn and Coca-Cola, with a chocolate bar for dessert.

Wakanda was 3 hours long including trailers. :yawn: Fortunately, the theater had lounge chairs.

It would be a great excellent movie if it was 2 hours. If you liked the Black Panther, you will like Wakanda, but bitch about how long it was. There were two times when it seemed the movie was ending, but nooo. Something else would happen.

Hope you all had a great day.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by bill_g »

Okay. Who knew this - Don't feed dogs mashed potatoes?

That's a new one to me.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Great news from sugar magnolia!!!! :dance:

Our two sons and their brides and our grandgurlzz were here for a homemade meal. The gurlzz love scraping the potatoes for mashed potatoes and starting Wednesday badgered us until someone supervised yesterday.

Then The Kid and his Lady Bride went home to get their 3 dogs. Pandemonium ensued and the gurlzz loved it!

This video is how our grand dogs act when they see our car driving into to the dog park. This is from Hubby.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=517183526604204
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Phoenix520 »

OMG those little skis!!my heart😍
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by neonzx »

I've now seen everything and can die happy. Snow skis for dogs.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by bill_g »

Two thumbs up for happy dogs on skis.
AndyinPA
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by AndyinPA »

Loved the skis! :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Oh, how adorable! It's great to see these dogs out there, running around without a care in the world, playing with the 4-legged dogs at full speed and happy as can be. What a real treat!
Volkonski
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Volkonski »

Our Thanksgiving visitors have left. Our daughter and SIL are preparing to return to work tomorrow.

The rain, what little of it we got, has ended and the sun is out.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Introduce Yourself”