Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:51 am I am personal friends with several SCAdians from Atenveldt (I'm from the Midrealm). A SCAdian would definitely would be the winner, and about 75% would be acceptable in the role. But there is that 25% that I would not trust...

:duel:
I am on board for this, especially if we have a 75% chance of being better than Kari Lake.

We could do it on PPV and fund the government for 4 years.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:19 pm :snippity:

I am on board for this, especially if we have a 75% chance of being better than Kari Lake.

We could do it on PPV and fund the government for 4 years.
Two men enter, one man leaves!!!

:duel:

I'll come in again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I think the folks supervising the elections answered most of these questions in public on the same day, or within a few days.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Massive turnout today at the big protest outside the AZ Capitol to demand a revote on Dec 6. Organizers said less than 100 have showed up since it’s right after Thanksgiving, but they expect more tomorrow.

Controversy today at the protest outside the AZ Capitol to demand a new election on Dec 6. A guy showed up with a big confederate flag. Organizers are trying to get him to leave and he is arguing it’s not racist.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The legal founding foundation for a "demand" of a re-vote would be what? The 2nd Amendment? :think:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:32 pm The legal founding for a "demand" of a revote would be what? The 2nd Amendment? :think:
They lost, so something must be wrong.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:32 pm The legal founding foundation for a "demand" of a re-vote would be what? The 2nd Amendment? :think:
:lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Cochise county continues to flirt with defying the law and the courts. Have they reached the FO part of FAFO? (Probably not.) Anyway, expect some bad behavior today out of them.

https://twitter.com/maryjpitzl/status/1 ... 4296979456
Mary Jo Pitzl @maryjpitzl wrote: Wil they or won't they? Cochise Board of Supervisors about to start meeting at which they will consider whether to certify the 2022 election results. By law, they must certify, but two of the three have suggested they might not

On 2-1 vote, the board decides to call a Friday meeting to have further presentation on the accreditation of the voting machines. This delays certification. Supervisor Crosby wants presentations from @SecretaryHobbs
[That would be Katie Hobbs, our next Governor] and people who spoke 11/18 about alleged issues w/accreditation
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Oh Brother.

tek

Post by tek »

Defendants, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, the Maricopa County Recorder, the Maricopa County Election Directors, Defendant Katie Hobbs, the Secretary of State, Runbeck Election Services (Runbeck), and Dominion, were considered, by far, to have conducted one of the most fraudulent, corrupt, scrutinized, mal-administrated, and criticized elections in the nation
This seems a little far-fetched for an actual legal document.
bob

Post by bob »

P&E: Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Meeting Monday Morning on Election Results:
1:11 p.m. EST: Maricopa County voters in the 2022 midterm election are currently testifying to the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors in advance of its presumed certification of the results garnered under circumstances in which hundreds, thousands or even tens of thousands of votes may not have been counted due to tabulation and printer malfunctions on Election Day.

At 1:15 p.m. EST, New Mexico resident and former law professor David Clements, who since November 2020 has chosen to pursue election integrity throughout the U.S., spoke, accusing the BOS members of “criminal” behavior. “A curse upon you, a curse upon all of you!” Clements exclaimed at 1:17 p.m.

“Am I bothering you? Because this election’s bothered me,” Clements said, telling the Board it must not certify an election whose results are uncertain.
From "The Professor" to "An out-of-state dude gish-galloping during a meeting's legally mandated comment period." :violin:
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ron is posting clips on his Twitter feed. :crazy:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski
bob

Post by bob »

Clements is making Cody Judy look sane. :shock:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

ninja'd
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

SOS office has confirmed they will be filing suit by EOD.
Jen Fifield @JenAFifield wrote: Breaking: Cochise County just voted to delay certification until another discussion Dec. 2. Today is the county's deadline to certify. This sets up a legal battle.

Here's how it will play out:
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:18 pm The lawsuit: https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... plaint.pdf
A2048691-CAF0-4684-AABA-89661C809570.png
Both Hobbs and Mayes have filed to dismiss.

Hobbs: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... ontest.pdf

Mayes: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 112622.pdf

There have been at least three more lawsuits filed, and one dismissed today. I’m still catching up.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:32 pm
Clements is making Cody Judy look sane. :shock:
Clements really looks worse for wear since he lost his job.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:23 pm Ron is posting clips on his Twitter feed. :crazy:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski
Is this supposed to be Christopher Lloyd's character from Taxi?

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Ohhh no - they muted the microphones - they didn't want us to hear the roaring standing applause he got :lol:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:24 am
Kendra wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:23 pm Ron is posting clips on his Twitter feed. :crazy:

https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski
Is this supposed to be Christopher Lloyd's character from Taxi?

:rimshot:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-e ... -rcna59092
Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs sued a Republican-controlled county Monday after it refused to certify its election results by the state’s statutory deadline.

The lawsuit, filed in Arizona Superior Court, aims to compel the Cochise County Board of Supervisors to certify the county’s results from the Nov. 8 election. The deadline for county certification is Monday.

Officials in Cochise, one of 15 counties in the state, voted earlier in the day against certifying its election results. The county previously postponed certification at a Nov. 18 meeting. :snippity:
bob

Post by bob »

I do not know if the county's failure to timely certify actually will result in losing a House race. (I presume that was a reference to the Arizona House, and not Congress.)
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

The blatant disregard for the law is astonishing par for the course. The county has to certify by, well, yesterday. There is no leeway for, well, we're mad about what happened in Maricopa county so we've chosen not to certify. It isn't a thing. Wonder what a judge will do with it, will be interesting. It seems like what will happen is the judge will order them to certify, and they... won't. Then what?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I imagine the court will declare the result certified.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Okay, here is what I have gathered so far.

The SoS has sued to make them certify, it is likely a Judge will say they have to. How long this plays out in court might be an issue because....

The SoS has a similar Ministerial Duty to Certify the Election state wide but, and this is the punch line, cannot just assume anything for the county that refuses to certify so if the courts don't convince them to do so, Katie Hobbs is boing to be forced to certify the election without the votes from Cochise County.
State Elections Director Kori Lorick wrote in a letter last week that Hobbs is required by law to approve the statewide canvass by next week and will have to exclude Cochise County's votes if they aren't received in time.
Without those votes, the US House Seat will flip from Republican to Democrat.

I sincerely hope this happens, and that the yahoos learn from it that going full dipshit has consequences. :popcorn:

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”