Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Got new pictures today of Von and Sasha

Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

:thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Dogs!

Post by Maybenaut »

:lovestruck:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

They’re both looking thoughtful. What did you say to them? :lol:
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Mocha is very happy. He's grown a bit since he arrived and is at least as large as a beagle if not more. He learns quickly. He is beyond happy! I haven't taken him to the dog park yet since he's not neutered yet. Walk round the neighborhood every day. He's a wonderful dog, Smart and empathetic. I'm lucky to have him, and he's lucky to have me.

I didn't want a young dog. I'm 72 with long covid. But he is a wonderful dog!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:35 am Mocha is very happy. He's grown a bit since he arrived and is at least as large as a beagle if not more. He learns quickly. He is beyond happy! I haven't taken him to the dog park yet since he's not neutered yet. Walk round the neighborhood every day. He's a wonderful dog, Smart and empathetic. I'm lucky to have him, and he's lucky to have me.

I didn't want a young dog. I'm 72 with long covid. But he is a wonderful dog!
That's just great! I'm glad you're both so happy! You'll have to post updated photos soon :mrgreen:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat: I want to see him put his toys away at night. :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm super happy for both of you! :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MsDaisy
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by MsDaisy »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:10 pm Got new pictures today of Von and Sasha
Beautiful children :lovestruck:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Dogs!

Post by Maybenaut »

:lovestruck: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
MN-Skeptic

Dogs!

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I love these videos -

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

That reminds me of one Christmas when is was in my teens. My dad gave my mom a new robe for Christmas and she went to try it on and show it off. She was back in just a couple of minut3s, but our dog, Dorothy, didn't recognize her and dashed behind my legs, and occasionally peeking out the side and barking at Mom. Even my mom talking to her didn't help. It took a while, but Dorothy figured out Mom was harmless by mid-afternoon :)

Several years later, I had moved to Seattle, and didn't come back home for 3 or 4 years. When I did, I was wearing all new clothes, had different colored hair, had gained more weight, and was wearing glasses instead of the contacts I'd worn when I last lived at home. It didn't matter, as soon as I came in the door, Dorothy was ALL over me, jumping and licking and so thrilled to see me. It was a great welcome, but I couldn't help but notice my Mom seemed really miffed. (And, yes, she was really that petty...)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

‘He has razzle dazzle’: Winston the French bulldog wins National Dog Show
The ‘perfect ball of marzipan’ has become the highest-ranked all-breed dog in the country with 78th win

Samira Asma-Sadeque
Thu 24 Nov 2022 23.21 GMT

A French bulldog with “personality and beauty”, owing to his “razzle-dazzle”, is the winner of the National Dog Show, which aired on Thursday following the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.

Winston, who was aptly described by a cheerleader on social media as a “perfect ball of marzipan”, is now the highest-ranked all-breed dog in the country, with this latest win delivering him his 78th best in show title.

The show marked its 21st year this Thanksgiving and featured more than 1,500 contestants from 200 breeds, according to People.

“He is a show dog with personality and beauty and a perfect fit for the breed,” Vicki Seiler-Cushman, the 2022 National Dog Show’s “best in show” judge, said in a statement to People.

“He has a razzle-dazzle that says, ‘I am here to win tonight,’” Seiler-Cushman added. “You can just tell that he can also go home and be the perfect pet.”

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... l-dog-show
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

The Macy's Parade and the dog show--must-watch TV on Thanksgiving, but I'm usually too busy to see much of it. :(
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.fodors.com/world/north-amer ... table-dogs
You Can Help Dogs While You’re on Vacation

In Hawaii, doggy field trips allow travelers to spend a day with adoptable furry friends in paradise.

Lisa Rodriguez Holmgren had been to Hawaii’s Garden Island at least ten times, and she’d never, ever taken a shelter dog on a field trip. She didn’t even know it was a thing. She stumbled on the Kauai Humane Society’s Field Trips for Shelter Dogs program on a rainy day in May 2022 while doing a little shopping; the pamphlet she found talked about all the fun touristy things field trippers can do for a few hours or a whole day with a dog in need of a home—from hiking to hanging out on a beach to walking on a coastal trail.

On past trips to their timeshare on the North shore of Kauai in Princeville, Holmgren and her husband had come home with some famous Hawaiian Kona coffee, a few t-shirts, and even some chocolate. But this time, the chocolate they brought home was a chocolate lab and Pitbull mix named Raven.

“My husband fell pretty quick. Actually, we both did,” says Holmgren, 56, laughing. The Holmgren’s, who live in the Sacramento area, only had Raven for a few hours before they fell in love.

“In the car, she was the sweetest thing, standing with her paws on the console. She’d lick your cheek or kind of lay her head on your shoulder and just watch,” says Holmgren, remembering their ride in the car to their first destination, a trail walk on a beach in Poipu. “She didn’t jump on us, she didn’t jump on other people.” And, when they ate lunch, “She just laid at my feet and slept,” says Holmgren, who adopted Raven the following day after her sister suggested they sleep on their decision.

► Show Spoiler
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

That is too cool - and a great way,for proplr,to "test drive" a possible new companion before committing to the adoption.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

What a great idea! :lovestruck:
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

That Kauai shelter used to allow residents to take dogs home for the weekend. I was looking for my cat, but did walk by the dogs. I saw a very depressed retriever mix, so I thought he would enjoy a weekend with me. I was sure that I would not have another dog, just give him a fun weekend. And thus Ted the wonder dog and I became family.

When I was ready to have another canine family member, son, future DIL, and I went to the Honolulu shelter. Wow! Lots of people looking for dogs. We could make appointments for 3 dogs, wait our turn for each, and then play with them in the very lovely and large yard. I wanted a small, but not toy size, dog this time. Unfortunately for us, they were adopted before it was our turn. :( However, the dogs we wanted meet just didn't... I don't know... didn't have that feeling that I did with Ted.

We planned to have another day at the shelter the next weekend, but would arrive VERY EARLY. Then I found Mocha on craigslist, saw him the next day, and he ran to me and jumped in the car. So we went home together. My family was upset/angry that they weren't included in making the choice, but this week they called to ask if they could have Mocha for awhile.

Dogs! Can't imagine how my life would be without them....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Now for the 2nd time this week, son & partner have stopped by to see me, but really to see if they could take Mocha home with them, lol. Didn't bring him back until after 11pm. This coming week, I have to fly to a neighbor island to provide a training. Son offered to pick me up at 5:30am to take me to the airport. I bet he wants to take Mocha home with him. :lol:

Mocha met a pomeranian this week. He looked twice its size, so I finally researched pomski. Turns out, their behavior is more like a husky than pomeranian, and they can be twice as large as a pomeranian - up to 30-35 pounds, up to 15" to 18" high. So Mocha is probably a medium size dog, not a small one as I wanted. And I'm good with that! I was lucky to find him.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

Lani my friend, I can't tell you how happy I am that you found Mocha (and Mocha found you, which is the luckiest day of his life).

You have been through a rough patch for far too long, and it has made me, and I'm sure others, feel frustrated and helpless because there wasn't much we could do to help you get through it.

But now it's starting to sound like you're settling in and ready for the next adventure in your life. And I'm thrilled. You deserve happiness, and I think you'll find it. :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:06 am Now for the 2nd time this week, son & partner have stopped by to see me, but really to see if they could take Mocha home with them, lol. Didn't bring him back until after 11pm. This coming week, I have to fly to a neighbor island to provide a training. Son offered to pick me up at 5:30am to take me to the airport. I bet he wants to take Mocha home with him. :lol:
You should have them leave a credit card or something else of value as collateral to make sure they bring him back! :lol:
Mocha met a pomeranian this week. He looked twice its size, so I finally researched pomski. Turns out, their behavior is more like a husky than pomeranian, and they can be twice as large as a pomeranian - up to 30-35 pounds, up to 15" to 18" high. So Mocha is probably a medium size dog, not a small one as I wanted. And I'm good with that! I was lucky to find him.
That's not too bad of a size. Of course, I keep calling my 80 lb dog "little"...

You sound so happy when you write about Mocha - it's nice to see! Some piccys would be nice to see too (hint hint!)
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Dogs!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Lani wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:06 am Now for the 2nd time this week, son & partner have stopped by to see me, but really to see if they could take Mocha home with them, lol. Didn't bring him back until after 11pm. This coming week, I have to fly to a neighbor island to provide a training. Son offered to pick me up at 5:30am to take me to the airport. I bet he wants to take Mocha home with him. :lol:
Lucky for you that you live in Hawaii. Otherwise, you'd have an endless parade of Fogbowsers "just stopping by" to visit Mocha and take him for a walk, and angling to borrow him longer-term.

Moar pictures pleez!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

back to 2014

Return to “General Stuff”