Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Test Posts

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
chancery
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by chancery »

Do we have a test topic? I couldn't find one in a three second search.

I've been pretty good about included quoted text in all of my twitter posts, but now I'm trying to figure out what Suranis is telling us about how that's not enough for people with slow bandwidth.

There's no particular reason for anyone to read what I'm posting, but any suggestions are welcome.
chancery
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by chancery »

This is the way I've been doing it.

Terra Field
@RainofTerra
So something I think people should know: the majority of Twitter’s infrastructure when I was interviewing there early in 2022 was bare metal, not cloud. They have their own blob store for storing media. These teams are now gutted, and those things don’t run themselves.

Like, they were still deploying CentOS 7 as of earlier this year. They were building and patching their own kernels. Most of that knowledge is gone between attrition when Luthor started trying to buy them and the layoffs. These things are going to break down over time.

An infrastructure the size of twitters will not fail overnight but it is going to relatively quickly go into a degraded state. The few platform people that remain will have their neck exactly at the waterline. It will not take much to sink. Today is a good day for the fail whale.
chancery
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by chancery »

Suranis suggested that we should wrap
url tags around the actual twitter link. Like this?

https://twitter.com/RainofTerra/status/ ... 7561836544

Terra Field
@RainofTerra
So something I think people should know: the majority of Twitter’s infrastructure when I was interviewing there early in 2022 was bare metal, not cloud. They have their own blob store for storing media. These teams are now gutted, and those things don’t run themselves.

Like, they were still deploying CentOS 7 as of earlier this year. They were building and patching their own kernels. Most of that knowledge is gone between attrition when Luthor started trying to buy them and the layoffs. These things are going to break down over time.

An infrastructure the size of twitters will not fail overnight but it is going to relatively quickly go into a degraded state. The few platform people that remain will have their neck exactly at the waterline. It will not take much to sink. Today is a good day for the fail whale.
chancery
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by chancery »

OK, now that I see what he means, that's pretty easy.

The downside is that the twitter preview was kind of cool. But if it's slow to load, I can see it would be a drag.
chancery
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by chancery »

I'm a bear of little brain, so I had to try it before I understood it.

Foggy, feel free to delete this whole topic if you don't think it's of general interest.

:rockon:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Test Posts

Post by RTH10260 »

chancery wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:10 am OK, now that I see what he means, that's pretty easy.

The downside is that the twitter preview was kind of cool. But if it's slow to load, I can see it would be a drag.
I have wanting to comment on one problem when quoting the text of a tweet: they many times have themselves quotes of pictures of text etc and those do not carry over. It's a PITA to manually include that content.

Many time the tweet text reads along the line "oh look what I found" and the important content is what gets included but cannot easily be copied.
chancery
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by chancery »

I should add something about Suranis. I frequently don't agree with him, and maybe he sometimes gets too hot under the collar, but he knows an awful lot about a great many things, and he's a good-hearted rock of this community.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat:

We don’t have to agree about everything. I much appreciate his willingness to sometimes disagree with the boogle, take unkind cuts, and still come back.

We’re US-centric here because duh, and because we’re a somewhat sophisticated bunch we’ve been places and we’re well-aware of cultural bias. But not always. Suranis makes me remember.

I agree, suranis is good-hearted, and a rock of our community.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Test Posts

Post by jez »

Just testing tables, seeing if I can get them to work.

Code: Select all

[table]
[tr]
[td] Row 1 Column 1[/td]
[td] Row 1 column 2[/td]
[td] Row 1 column 3[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td] Row 2 Column 1[/td]
[td] Row 2 Column 2[/td]
[td] Row 2 Column 3[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Is there an extension we need to be able to show tables?
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
jez

Test Posts

Post by jez »

Just had another thought.

Would it be better to set up a page like the calendar?
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Test Posts

Post by RTH10260 »

jez wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:27 am :snippity:

Is there an extension we need to be able to show tables?
Yes, Foggy needs to activate an extension. I remember it had once been usable. Must have been lost thru one of the transitions.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Test Posts

Post by Foggy »

The tables extension works fine, just look at the Fogbow Calendar.

It's all done with pipes. Here's the code, but it doesn't show the pipes, you're gonna have to quote my post (this one) and figure out the actual coding.

Code: Select all

DateInvolvingEvent
Feb 21Fogbow2nd Anniversary, Death of Formerly Fogbow
[size=50][color=#FFFFFF].[/color][/size]
Feb 22Fogbow2nd Anniversary, Birth of Fogbow 2.0
Mar 20Planet Earthvernal equinox
becomes ...
DateInvolvingEvent
Feb 21Fogbow2nd Anniversary, Death of Formerly Fogbow
Feb 22Fogbow2nd Anniversary, Birth of Fogbow 2.0
Mar 20Planet Earthvernal equinox

Some of those may need an update ... :?

John Thomas8 has done amazing work with tables, but you have to be in the Sports Fans usergroup to see it. You can always join a usergroup temporarily and then leave later. Here's one of the things he has done that use the current tables extension:

https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 63#p172563
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Test Posts

Post by Foggy »

Actually, lemme look, maybe there's a new extension that will simplify (or give you more options, the BBCodes tables are not very feature-packed, shall we say).
Edit: Nope, the only phpBB extension is Markdown, which allows pipes tables, which is exactly what the current extension uses. To use Markdown syntax to create tables on Fogbow, click the spreadsheet-looking thing in the editor.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
jez

Test Posts

Post by jez »

Thanks! Let me play and see what happens. The other option was to create a standalone page like the calendar is. That way less of a chance of it becoming cluttered with posts, etc.

~Paarthurnax
jez

Test Posts

Post by jez »

Pipes I can work with. The Lexicon is sitting in a spreadsheet. I could export to CSV using pipes as the delimiter. Then tweak from there.

~Paarthurnax
jez

Test Posts

Post by jez »

TermDefinition
//s//Eye tarantulas. In Estiveo's Orlytoons Orly's false eyelashes came to life as animated characters resembling tarantulas. Refers to the fact that on multiple electronic filings Orly could not get her electronic signature: "/s/ Orly Taitz" correct.
A fail of birthersA collective noun to describe such gatherings.
AmmholeAmmon Bundy for obvious reasons.
banedEd-Hale-ism meaning banned.
BirtherpaloozaWhat was the word when three birthers actually appeared together in the same place.
BoogleA birther from Virginia named Dean Haskins called the people on Fogbow". It's a collective noun, like a pod of whales or a murder of crows, and it means a group of weasels. We adopted that and the Boogle now means "the people of Fogbow".
Bowling Ball Charles Edward Lincoln III, aka CEL3Craptacular attorney and former lover of Lena Taitz.
Brunt toastEd Hale-ism for burnt toast.
CackilackiCarolinas, Usually referring to North Carolina.
CascenarioPortmanteau of case and scenario, i.e., best cascenario and worst best cascenario.
certakiCertiorari as spelled by Taitz.
Citizen Grand SlamA "citizens grand jury" held at a Denny's. I forget the details, but didn't one of the first Obama "citizens grand juries" actually meet at a Denny's?
Commander CordwoodLt. Cmdr. Walter Francis Fitzpatrick III, Retired, who spent a good deal of time in the Monroe County, Tennessee jail for misprision of birtherism, and complained that the inmates were "stacked like cordwood" over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Also affectionately known as Fitzfundfilcher, because he was court-martialed by the US Navy and subsequently forced to retire, after he pilfered a sum of money that was intended for the use of the crewmen on his ship. Cordwood = FitzFundFilcher. He was court-martialed and convicted for dipping into the enlisted men's mess fund to buy a television and a trip to a funeral for the wife of a colleague. (I think Fitzy said it was OK because the enlisted men loved the officer who died.)
Court of Bun-DogsTaitz was trying to say boondocks “This is ridiculous to think, that the ambassadors would not have the right to appear in court right there in DC, in SCOTUS. What do those clerks think? That I should file such case in the lowest possible court: in the Circuit court of Yahoo-Ville or the District Court of Bun-dogs??”
DaffydavitAn affidavit prepared by Taitz
DeninedEd Hale-ism for denied
Dental Chair of Love (or O' Love)A patient's dental chair in the Chaleria's office that the Bowling Ball (Charles Edward Lincoln, III) claimed was used to have sex with her. (Apparently the Bowling Ball's real last name is Linck but he changed it. On the other hand, he and Taitz said that President Obama changed his name from Barry Sotero to Barack Obama and that somehow showed he was disqualified. Go figure.)
Elkilk cuz that is how Moo spells it.
Expert witnessany guy off the street with a grudge against President Obama who claimed some expertise (which he didn't have) who Taitz used to attempt to show President Obama's birth certificate was fake.
FlatcapSchaeffer Cox
FloriduhFlorida
Foogie never gets anythign striagthEd Hale-ism
Four Paragraph RuleThe "Four Paragraph Rule" was Foogy's request that you copy over at most four paragraphs from another site. Primarily out of copyright concerns, but also (too) because walls of text are ugly
FpoonThe sacred wooden food preparation utensil Estiveo inadvertently left at my house after a meetup
FraudAny act or decision with which Taitz disagreed
Gateway House (of Boys and Pundits)Orlylicious. That and the titular Mama June
GILGrossly Inapproriate Larry" : Larry Klayman. I've forgotten the details of the initial inappropriateness, ISTR it involved his kids. But he's been inappropriate in many, many ways since.
GreeniesGreenies are moderators - kate520 and realist - because of the color of the group
He, Jim whateverA play on "He, Lucas Smith." Smith's dreadful writing style was littered with, "I, Lucas Smith, ...."
He, Lucas Daniel SmithSmith is a convicted forger who peddled a poor forgery of a birth certificate showing that Obama was born in Kenya. He (Lucas Daniel Smith) has his own thread; you can read about his exploits there. But the fella is weird. But his addition to the lexicon was his instance referring to himself as "I, Lucas Daniel Smith." Dude: "I" suffices
IAALI Am A Lawyer
IANACrLI Am Not A Criminal Lawyer*Edited To Add (ETA) - This doesn't mean a lawyer who is or isn't a criminal. It's a lawyer who doesn't practice criminal law, because criminal law is special. Well, most law is special. But criminal law is more speshul. Or at least, that's what the IAALs and IAACrLs tell us IANALs.
IANALI Am Not A Lawyer
IANALBIRTFBI am not a lawyer but I read the Fogbow
IIRCIf I recall correctly
IMHIANALOIn My Humble I Am Not A Lawyer Opinion
IndicatedThe Great Orange One hisself misstating "indicted" in a "truth" that was widely shared after his indictement on 34 state charges in New York.
InditeBirtherism for Indict.
JoosJews. Usually used to point out not so subtle anti-semitism.
KrakenRallyGathering in the tens of those that support the “stolen” election conspriarcy.
LDITLame Duck Impeached Trump.
LenaAnother name for Orly after she called into a radio show and used Lena as a fake name. Between her very distinguishable accent and her bat crap crazy questions, the host figured out it was really Orly.
Link for RikkerIf there's an unsupported assertion, instead of asking for a link, or ...you ask for a link on Rikker's behalf. Because Rikker lurves links (with which to troll others).
LolsuitA lawsuit so bad it's laughable.
MagatmaticsBad math by MAGAts or attempts by MAGAts to justify something using math or statistics and failing miserably.
MoarMore
MooMaureen Peltier (aka SSG Moe).
MoranWas a sign a patriot held at a gathering of some sort that read, "Don't be a Moran."
Moron LubeMolon Labe (the latin phrase the Gun Humpers so enjoy along with the Stupid Yellow Snakey Flag).
NADTNot A Death Threat. Orly Taitz was convinced every criticism including a sentiment like, fuck off and die, or I hope you have a debilitating aneurysm, you bitch, constituted a death threat, thus NADT became de rigueur.
O'RLYAn entendre for Orly Taitz. Born of the owl meme O RLY meaning "Oh Really".
ORYR
PlaintiffA client to anyone except Taitz because Taitz didn't have clients to whom she owed duties. She had plaintiffs who were there only to allow her to pursue her goals.
PootTerm of endearment for a Sovereign Citizen (SovCit). Poots got started because of outside defecation activity at Malheur Refuge when the toilets wouldn't work.
PooteratiA collective noun for a group of SovCits
PootfestA collective noun for a group of SovCits, usually when they are protesting... something
PootSpeakThe babble commonly used by SovCits when they think they are being clever.
PupisodeTime with Lt.Col. Root Beer and Lt. Biscuit.
RAPMastersThe Restore American Plan leaders. He may have referred to them as cRAPMasters. I am doing this off the top of my head.
RestoftheworldiaAnywhere outside of the United States, especially when it comes to healthcare.
RharonSharon Rondeau, owner of the Post and Email (see Pest and eFail). The term derives from one of the many misspellings of Orly Taitz. This was first published by Rharon Rondeau and later republished by the editor of ORYR
Ronapalooza
SECRSuck Egg Court Reporter (though we don't have any of those here, only handsome, brilliant ones)
Smackdown Fridaya Friday on which a court issues a ruling against a nutjob. Most rulings are issued on Fridays, so for a while, almost every Friday was Smackdown Friday.
Smoking MirrorsTaitz was trying to say smoke and mirrors
SquidneyAttorney Sidney Powell who threatened to release the Kraken which is a mystical octopus, but hard to connect with the name Sidney. Also seen on Twitter
Statue quoA misspelling of status quo in one of the loser lawsuits filed by Squidney or Lin Wood.
SternsigFrom Sterngard's signature, "When there are a finite number of ways to screw something up, Orly Taitz will find an infinite number of ways to do so. (The Sternsig Rule.)"
StoopidStupid
The ChaleriaOrly Taitz
The defectively stapled lineDuring the birther years, a Hawai‘i assistant AG once described a filing by noted lunatic Orly Taitz as "an inartfully collated, defectively stapled, and misordered collection of pages."
The Mighty SporkDerived from Sporky calling himself "The Mighty Sword." There were various permutations, including The Mighty Butter Knife until somebody suggested The Mighty Spork.
the ParacleteA nom d'birth of OG Birther, Leo Donofrio aka Jet Schizo.
The Pest and eFailPost and Email
Too alsoPalinism
Trial Of The CenturyThe Mad Moldovan Molar Mangler put herself in the witless witness seat so she could cross examine herself
TSTLToo Stupid To Live.
TWLITHOTULet's not forget which was Orly again: The Worst Lawyer In The History Of The Universe.
Up, down, left, down a little, rightTaitz's instructions, on the record, at a hearing before a hearing officer of the Georgia Secretary of State during a hearing where she was testifying as well as arguing as counsel in an effort to have President Obama found disqualified to run for President in 2012. (Visualize the courtroom scene from Woody Allen's "Bananas." Only this was funnier.) Taitz and the other birther lawyers were offered a default judgment by the administrative law judge because President Obama ignored the hearing, but Taitz and the other birther lawyers wanted to go in for the kill. So they put on their evidence and inadvertently lost to an empty chair. Upon their appeal the trial court held the Secretary of State had no jurisdiction over the issue. (So President Obama was correct in ignoring the hearing.)
usurpathonWhen three birthers actually appeared together in the same place at the same time.
WitlessWitness
WLITHOTUThe Worst Lawyer in the History of the Universe, i.e. Orly Taitz
YMMVYour mileage may very
Zekutive DeesidesClosed door admin stuff
ZibitsBad pronunciation of exhibits.

~Paarthurnax
realist

Test Posts

Post by realist »

:clap:
Image X 4
Image X 32
jez

Test Posts

Post by jez »

Thank you, thank you... but it can be better.

:thankyou:

~Paarthurnax
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Test Posts

Post by keith »

:like: :bar:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Test Posts

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Brava!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
somerset

Test Posts

Post by somerset »

Nice!!!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Test Posts

Post by bill_g »

WordsMoar Stuff Here
This sets the left column widthThis sets the right column width
If you add moar wurds, the column just gets wider and wider until word wrap kicks inIf you add moar words, the column just gets wider and wider until word wrap kicks in
---
And you canadd a third columnif you desire
---
But you won't get the bar filled in with colorbecause space aliens and Joe Biden say noto that for reasons only they know
----
Adding afourth columnseems out ofthe question
-----
Likewiseaddingafifthcolumn
Butwhowoulddothat?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Test Posts

Post by bill_g »

You OnlyGet ColorIn TheTop BarIf It's First
After thatyou only getcolumns oftext youfill in
chancery
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by chancery »

Grossly Inappropriate Larry" : Larry Klayman. I've forgotten the details of the initial inappropriateness, ISTR it involved his kids
You're correct. We know this from a passage in a state court decision that has been quoted in several subsequent court cases, including this "unpublished" decision from an appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. It's appropriate for us to limit what we say to what was said in the court decisions.
In June of 2009, Mr. Klayman and Stephanie Luck, his former wife, were engaged in an acrimonious child custody and support dispute in Ohio, during which Ms. Luck accused Mr. Klayman of sexually abusing their children. The magistrate judge in that case made the following findings of fact:
[O]n more than one occasion the Plaintiff act [sic] in a grossly inappropriately [sic] manner with the children. His conduct may not have been sexual in the sense that he intended to or did derive any sexual pleasure from it or that he intended that the children would. That, however, does not mean that he didn't engage in those acts or that his behavior was proper.

And for all his protestations of innocence . . . he repeatedly invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination . . . [Because this is a civil proceeding,] the Court may draw an adverse inference from a party's decision not to respond to legitimate questions . . . .
D.E. 95-2 at 22. Mr. Klayman filed an objection to the magistrate judge's order, but the Ohio trial court overruled the objection. Mr. Klayman appealed, but the Court of Appeals of Ohio found that the trial court did not abuse its discretion when it overruled Mr. Klayman's objections to "the magistrate's finding that Klayman inappropriately touched the children." D.E. 95-6 at 11-14.
Klayman v. City Pages, No. 15-12731, Slip Op. at 2-3 (11th Cir. May. 27, 2016) (per curiam).
chancery
Verified:

Test Posts

Post by chancery »

And great work jez!!
:cheer2: :thumbsup: :cheer2:

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”