Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:29 pm
keith wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:09 pm State pays company, company kicks back to de Santis
You make it sound like corruption.
Just because he paid $32,000 per passenger for a flight that Jet Blue charged $213 for, you assume he did something dirty.

Some people....
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

I'm more curious how he used Florida taxpayer dollars to fly immigrants out of TEXAS?

Yes, I know it was an political stunt for his reelection efforts for Florida governor, but REALLY?

We do have undocumented immigrants in Florida -- wouldn't it have made more sense to target them since, well, this is Florida not Texas.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Ron DeSantis

Post by jez »

An interesting history of Florida that ends with the latest governor.

“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:05 pm I'm more curious how he used Florida taxpayer dollars to fly immigrants out of TEXAS?

Yes, I know it was an political stunt for his reelection efforts for Florida governor, but REALLY?

We do have undocumented immigrants in Florida -- wouldn't it have made more sense to target them since, well, this is Florida not Texas.
But there are a few problems with that.

The Florida law that provides the money says "take illegal immigrants from Florida to somewhere else. The first problem is, if they're illegal, well, moving them around is legally problematic, it's essentially human trafficking, which never looks good when they haul you in front of a Judge.

So he had to find people who were immigrants but legally in the US, which makes it fine vis a vis the moving undocumented people across state lines but now it doesn't meet the Florida law that is paying for it. This is causing him some trouble.

As far as finding legal immigrants to deport to Martha's Vineyard, they have to consent to go, or else it's kidnapping, another big no no, legally.

The problem with finding them actually in Florida is the ones there are attached in many ways to the large, legal and actual citizens who vote populations from the countries they are here from. Can't be upsetting the voters now, so we need to go borrow some poor huddled masses somewhere.

TEXAS! Hot Wheels Himmler is glad to let us borrow some perfectly legal but not white so who cares people, and we'll stop to pick up some Orange Juice and brochures in Florida to say we took 'em from Florida like the law says.

I'm sorry, I can't just make fun of them anymore, these phuckers are just evil. And the most evil part of them is they do this shit with a smile and a clear conscience because they don't see it as anything wrong.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:29 pm
keith wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:09 pm State pays company, company kicks back to de Santis
You make it sound like corruption.
I mean, even TFG, despite their current feud, would nod approvingly and say "Smart businessman."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dr. Ken

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

DeSantis' scathing book about Obama shows his 'individual freedom' philosophy, his disdain for the media, and how he studies other politicians

Kimberly Leonard
Thu, November 24, 2022 at 4:00 PM

DeSantis published a book in 2011 that was intended as takedown of Obama and his policies.

The book tells readers about DeSantis' political philosophy, but not about the governor's own life.

DeSantis wrote the book during the Tea Party movement and before he ran for Congress.

Before Republican Ron DeSantis became a well-known governor from Florida who takes frequent aim at President Joe Biden, he had his sights set on cutting down another Democratic president: Barack Obama.

He did so throughout his 2011 book, "Dreams from Our Founding Fathers: First Principles in the Age of Obama."

The book's title aimed to criticize Obama by playing with the name of the president's first memoir, "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance." DeSantis even used a similar cover to the one Obama had.

DeSantis wrote the book as he was coming of age in politics during the Tea Party movement. Then in his mid-30s, he had just been honorably discharged from the Navy, and would soon run successfully for the US House, where he would serve from 2013 to 2018.

While written more than a decade ago, the book sheds light into how DeSantis thinks about policy and about other politicians. In it, DeSantis tries to make the case that Obama's policies strayed from the Constitution and that the former president was committed to "redistributing wealth."

Insider obtained a hard copy of the book to read, and had seven takeaways:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-sca ... 00818.html
(original Insider)
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Black man, one of 20 arrested on illegal voting counts, has charges dropped

TheGrio Staff
Wed, November 23, 2022 at 5:03 PM

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ anti-fraud effort led to charges of “election voting by an unqualified voter” and “false swearing” against Tony Patterson.

Prosecutors have dropped the charges against a Black man who was one of 20 people arrested on claims of illegal voting in Florida.

According to HuffPost, Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis’ supposed effort against voter fraud resulted in the arrest of Tony Patterson, 44, in August. DeSantis’ Office of Election Crimes and Security leveled charges of “election voting by an unqualified voter” and “false swearing” during the 2020 election.

Prosecutors filed a notice of “nolle prosequi” on Monday to dismiss the case, which indicated they would no longer pursue criminal charges against Patterson. A judge already had dropped a voter-fraud case against Robert Lee Wood, 56, following his arrest over the summer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-man-on ... 23110.html
(original TheGrio)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

So, they got the intended result - voter suppression - but can now avoid the cost of prosecution to prove their case.
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Pretty sure all 20 were cleared by the court(s) and DeSantis' game.

Not sure why a black man was singled out for a story.
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

Eleven years later, DeSantis still isn't wealthy. He has a net worth of $318,986.99, doesn't own property, and carries $21,284.92 in student loans, his financial records show.
I find that hard to believe, given what we've seen recently.
Suranis

Ron DeSantis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:16 am Pretty sure all 20 were cleared by the court(s) and DeSantis' game.

Not sure why a black man was singled out for a story.
You need someone on the victim totem pole to invite outrage from social media, and Clicks.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Ron DeSantis just announced he has a memoir coming out soon. Here's what we learned from his first book, a scathing take on Obama

Kimberly Leonard
Wed, November 30, 2022 at 4:23 PM
  • DeSantis published a book in 2011 that was intended as takedown of Obama and his policies.
    The book tells readers about DeSantis' political philosophy, but not about the governor's own life.
    DeSantis wrote the book during the Tea Party movement and before he ran for Congress.
Republican Ron DeSantis of Florida will soon be releasing his first memoir, just as the 2024 presidential contest heats up.

But long before DeSantis became a well-known governor from Florida who takes frequent aim at President Joe Biden, he had his sights set on cutting down another Democratic president: Barack Obama.

He did so throughout his 2011 book, "Dreams from Our Founding Fathers: First Principles in the Age of Obama."

The book's title aimed to criticize Obama by playing with the name of the president's first memoir, "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance." DeSantis even used a similar cover to the one Obama had.

The book came out at a time when DeSantis was coming of age in politics during the Tea Party movement. Then in his mid-30s, he had just been honorably discharged from the Navy, and would soon run successfully for the US House, where he would serve from 2013 to 2018.

While written more than a decade ago, the book sheds light into how DeSantis thinks about policy and about other politicians. In it, DeSantis tries to make the case that Obama's policies strayed from the Constitution and that the former president was committed to "redistributing wealth."

Insider obtained a hard copy of the book to read, and had seven takeaways:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-sca ... 00340.html
(original Business Insider)
humblescribe
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by humblescribe »

DeSantis is what, 44 years old?

So he decides to write a memoir? I have ties older than DeSantis.

What an egotistical blowhard. So he has been in polly ticks (Fogbow stylebook) for a dozen years? Big Effing Deal.

Will he sell the book to the various school systems and make it a mandatory part of the curriculum?

:sick:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:43 pm DeSantis is what, 44 years old?

So he decides to write a memoir? I have ties older than DeSantis.

What an egotistical blowhard. So he has been in polly ticks (Fogbow stylebook) for a dozen years? Big Effing Deal.

Will he sell the book to the various school systems and make it a mandatory part of the curriculum?

:sick:
No but he will probably sell tens of thousands of copies to his campaign and other PACs which puts money in his personal pocket, and gets the book on a NYTimes Best Seller list (which is for the rubes, PM me and I can show you how to get your kid's grade school writing assignments on the NYTimes Best Seller list) which is free publicity and forever more will let his publicists refer to him as "NY Times Best Seller" if the politics gig blows up in his face.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

I’m up in Tampa and hubs daughter has rented a nice Airbnb on a river in a secluded area in the middle of the city

I look out the window at the dock next door and see what I thought was a trump 2020 flag, the blue one we’re all familiar with, but no! It doesn’t say trump, it says DeSantis.

Is somebody trolling someone?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Running scared.
Daniel Uhlfelder @DWUhlfelderLaw wrote: Don’t say Hanukkah in DeSantis’s free Florida
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
New Turtle

Ron DeSantis

Post by New Turtle »

According to NPD BookScan, which tracks retail sales of US print books, "Dreams from Our Founding Fathers" sold 125 copies through July of 2022. That means the books available for sale now go for a high price — on Amazon, for instance, prices range from $369.99 to $1,683.99.
I think Desantis is gonna be the 2024 version of Scott Walker.
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

DeSantis Tells Allies to Stay Mum About Trump’s ‘Nazi’ Dinner. It’s Part of a Bigger Plan

Asawin Suebsaeng
Thu, December 1, 2022 at 2:25 AM

While Donald Trump faces the fallout from dining with a white supremacist and anti-Semites, Ron DeSantis and his team are doing what the former president can’t: keep quiet.

According to three people with knowledge of the directives, DeSantis’ lieutenants have told his allies not to attack Trump over the now-notorious dinner. Instead, the potential 2024 Republican primary candidate and his advisers have aimed to keep the focus on Trump’s decision to dine with Kanye West, a vocal anti-Semite, and Nick Fuentes, a white supremacist agitator.

“In ongoing discussions following his reelection, including this week, I’ve been asked to keep my powder dry,” says Dan Eberhart, a longtime GOP donor — and former big Trump donor — recalling his conversations with Team DeSantis. (Eberhart is now backing DeSantis for 2024). “My understanding is that the DeSantis team doesn’t see upside in kicking off the fight with Trump this early, even if it may be inevitable. Wading into the Fuentes fiasco just isn’t worth it for them. The media will harpoon Trump without Team DeSantis lifting a finger.”

DeSantis’s calculated silence is in line with the Florida governor’s broader strategy for now in challenging — or, to be more precise, not challenging — Trump. The twice-impeached former president, who announced his 2024 White House bid earlier this month, has taken to enthusiastically trashing DeSantis, going as far as to publicly threaten to air alleged dirt about his likely 2024 GOP primary opponent. DeSantis, meanwhile, has generally declined Trump’s attempts to lure him into a very public mud fight.

But DeSantis’s decision to stay quiet comes at a time when some of Trump’s other potential 2024 challengers — including Trump’s former VP Mike Pence and onetime secretary of state, Mike Pompeo — have taken swipes at Trump over the dinner and the dinner with Kanye, who’s deep in the anti-Semitism-spewing phase of his career. The dinner quickly turned into one of the first major self-inflicted crises of Trump’s latest presidential campaign, and it has already caused Team Trump to change its security and vetting procedures. During and after the dinner, some of the former president’s closest advisers were so in the dark about what Trump was doing, that some resorted to simply asking reporters what they had heard.

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-tells-a ... 48713.html
(original The Rolling Stone)
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

New Turtle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:43 pm
According to NPD BookScan, which tracks retail sales of US print books, "Dreams from Our Founding Fathers" sold 125 copies through July of 2022. That means the books available for sale now go for a high price — on Amazon, for instance, prices range from $369.99 to $1,683.99.
Who wants to bet me that by Christmas it will be listed as "NY Times Bestseller"?

On another note, I have decided that I do not like the phrase "twice impeached former President" and think the better moniker is "The Most Impeached person in US History".

noblepa

Ron DeSantis

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:28 pm
New Turtle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:43 pm
Who wants to bet me that by Christmas it will be listed as "NY Times Bestseller"?

On another note, I have decided that I do not like the phrase "twice impeached former President" and think the better moniker is "The Most Impeached person in US History".
I like it.

Has anyone else ever been impeached more than once?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:28 pm On another note, I have decided that I do not like the phrase "twice impeached former President" and think the better moniker is "The Most Impeached person in US History".
I would object only on the grounds that since it's TFG specifically, 'Mostliest' would likely be more apt.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:53 am
Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:28 pm On another note, I have decided that I do not like the phrase "twice impeached former President" and think the better moniker is "The Most Impeached person in US History".
I would object only on the grounds that since it's TFG specifically, 'Mostliest' would likely be more apt.
Biggliest.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Ron DeSantis

Post by keith »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:43 pm
... I have ties older than DeSantis. ...

They should write a memoir! I bet they have some great stories to tell!
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

"You have never seen anyone impeached as much as me! I've been impeached so much, they're gonna get sick of impeaching me!"

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”