Arrows vs Armour

John Thomas8

Arrows vs Armour

Post by John Thomas8 »

Tod Cutler is a smithy, makes reproduction historically-accurate weapons and movie props. He brought together some experts in their fields to test arrow versus armour, the types used at Angicourt:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Arrows vs Armour

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Coooooool!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Arrows vs Armour

Post by noblepa »

I agree. Very cool.

I will watch the whole thing later, but it was always my impression that body armor was pretty good at protecting against a long bow, but when crossbows came into widespread use, armor went away.

With the shorter, heavier bolt, plus the windlass used to cock the crossbow, much more kinetic energy is delivered than any human held longbow could ever provide. The bolts easily pierced the armor.
John Thomas8

Arrows vs Armour

Post by John Thomas8 »

noblepa wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:16 pm I agree. Very cool.

I will watch the whole thing later, but it was always my impression that body armor was pretty good at protecting against a long bow, but when crossbows came into widespread use, armor went away.

With the shorter, heavier bolt, plus the windlass used to cock the crossbow, much more kinetic energy is delivered than any human held longbow could ever provide. The bolts easily pierced the armor.
You've been watch this channel and Matt Easton's. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”