Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ken Berry dancing? And singing? Wow! His singing style reminded me of Bing Crosby. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pjhimself

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by pjhimself »

RVInit

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by RVInit »

Lauren Cuthbertson is one of my favorite ballet dancers.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RVInit wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:28 pm Lauren Cuthbertson is one of my favorite ballet dancers.

That was GORGEOUS! I love ballet and really need to watch more of it. It's amazing how the dancers move and some of the positions they can tie themselves up in.

Thanks so much for sharing that!
RVInit

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by RVInit »

I'm so glad you enjoyed that. The first time I ever saw her was this video of a rehearsal of the nutcracker. I really enjoyed watching the rehearsal video and started looking for other videos of her. I was so amazed when I saw the one above, so different from the other videos of her dancing all the traditional ballets.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by northland10 »

Tis Native American Heritage month so, here we go.

Fancy Shawl

Northern Fancy

Grass Dance. This one is a reminder that it is a living culture with developments over time. It tends to be the category with the most fads, but even the Northern Traditional style has changed over time.

Grand Entry - 2016 Gathering of Nations Pow Wow
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks. Fascinating. We saw a display of pow wow dancing in Canada in September.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dance! Dance! Dance!

COOOOL!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dance! Dance! Dance!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/bo ... smsnnews11
‘Bob Fosse’s Dancin’ Returns To Broadway This Spring

Bob Fosse’s Dancin’ will return to Broadway this spring, 41 years after the original hit production left the stage.

The musical revival will begin previews at The Music Box Theatre on Thursday, March 2, 2023, with opening night set for Sunday, March 19. Producer Joey Parnes made the announcement today.

The production will be directed by Tony Award winner Wayne Cilento, a cast member of the original Broadway production, and produced in cooperation with Nicole Fosse.

The new staging, producers say, will be “utterly reimagined for the 21st century.” The revival, they said in the announcement, “brims with a level of warmth, emotion, and color seldom seen in modern interpretations of Fosse’s influential style and features some of his most inventive and rarely performed choreography.”
northland10

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by northland10 »

TRL got around to posting this before I did this evening. Excellent.

Here is your preview
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by AndyinPA »

:dance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... uman-study
Music makes you lose control, Missy Elliott once sang on a hit that is almost impossible to hear without bopping along. Now scientists have discovered that rats also find rhythmic beats irresistible, showing how they instinctively move in time to music.

This ability was previously thought to be uniquely human and scientists say the discovery provides insights into the animal mind and the origins of music and dance.

“Rats displayed innate – that is, without any training or prior exposure to music – beat synchronisation,” said Dr Hirokazu Takahashi of the University of Tokyo.

“Music exerts a strong appeal to the brain and has profound effects on emotion and cognition,” he added.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by Slim Cognito »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:50 pm https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... uman-study
This ability was previously thought to be uniquely human and scientists say the discovery provides insights into the animal mind and the origins of music and dance.
Music makes you lose control, Missy Elliott once sang on a hit that is almost impossible to hear without bopping along. Now scientists have discovered that rats also find rhythmic beats irresistible, showing how they instinctively move in time to music.
Whomever wrote that obviously never saw a cockatoo dance.

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm sure I've bored you all before with my Jackie Chan fan girl posts. As I've noted before, his unique comedic style of Kung Fu is due to him not being trained in martial arts, but in theater, music and dance. He picked up Kung Fu so he could be cast in the film genre as a young wanna-be actor.

Here is the umbrella fight scene from Shanghai Knights which highlights his dance skills.

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by Phoenix520 »

I adore Jackie Chan too. In fact I might try to convince the mr to watch some tonight.

He‘s on a The Chi binge, which I really didn’t want to watch cuz I knew I’d fall in love with the characters and SO MUCH BAD SHIT HAPPENS TO THEM. Too late. My heart is broken.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Jackie Chan... :daydreaming:
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dance! Dance! Dance!

AndyinPA
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by AndyinPA »

Different, but fun. :dance:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by Slim Cognito »

Oh my!!! DC is my fav Bond and now my fav vodka spox. Surprisingly (to some) Timothy Dalton is my 2nd fav Bond. Let me know if he gets a spirits gig.
northland10

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by northland10 »

What, why is organ music in the Dance thread?

I was working up the Prelude and Fugue up a while back and got sidetracked. I need to get back to it. It's fun
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Thé DC ad reminds me in tone of the Walken/Biden dance.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dance! Dance! Dance!

That dude was dancing on those keys pedals!!!!!! :dance:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by keith »

This is a Facebook vid, and I can't figure out how to embed it here and I can't find it on YouTube.

Ya gotta click on the 'Watch on Facebook' text to watch in Facebook.

Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by AndyinPA »

I get that sometimes, too, although I generally don't try to post from FB out. My Firefox settings are set to keep Facebook from tracking me, too. It also means I never see a Facebook post here.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”