Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

I have no idea what all those Earthlings did for the company. :confuzzled:

Hell, I have no idea why anyone thought it was worth $44 billion. :confuzzled:

At its heart, it was just a bigger Fogbow, a discussion board that allowed you to attach photos and video.

'Course, Fogbow has a lot more features, he said, sneering down his beak. :biggrin:

But I don't think it's a good idea to buy a company and then flush it down.

And I like Twitter. None of this is okay.

Some days they really should make me the Galactic Overlord. I'd make a few changes around this joint.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

Elon as a person is a contradictory enigma to me. He doesn’t seem to care what people think of him on the one hand yet he’s absolutely desperate to be liked, on the other.

Kinda like osg. Hmmmm.
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Volkonski »

At least 1,200 Twitter workers resigned Thursday per NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/18/tech ... 595e2e6e66
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:08 pm At least 1,200 Twitter workers resigned Thursday per NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/18/tech ... 595e2e6e66
“Anyone who actually writes software, please report to the 10th floor at 2 p.m. today,” he wrote in a two-paragraph message, which was viewed by The New York Times. “Thanks, Elon.”

About 30 minutes later, Mr. Musk sent another email saying he wanted to learn about Twitter’s “tech stack,” a term used to describe a company’s software and related systems. Then in another email, he asked some people to fly to Twitter’s headquarters in San Francisco to meet in person.
This is breathtakingly reckless. Blind emails to determine the tech stack? Holy crap, it's worse than I thought, and I thought it was pretty bleak.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Should I archive my Twitter feed? I don't post original things, just retweet and I am not running for political office ever nor will I be nominated to a judgeship. :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

Read somewhere today that the entire payroll department quit, along with most of the other financial folks. Payroll set up for the next payday but not a single thing after than, including the severance packages.

Ooops.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

John Thomas8 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:09 pm Read somewhere today that the entire payroll department quit, along with most of the other financial folks. Payroll set up for the next payday but not a single thing after than, including the severance packages.

Ooops.
Somewhere upthread it was mentioned that most of HR has left the sinking ship. Those would be the ones to process all those byebye letters and enter the severance info for payout.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Anyone who actually writes software ...
Umm, there are a lot of different types of software, in the 21st century.

Can you be a little more specific? :lol:

Howzabout some nice Java applets? :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:55 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:04 pm
cjroberts wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:06 pm Elongate is really going to be drawn out
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Is this yours? Excellent!!
Oh good, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who noticed ...
Daaaaaammmmmmnnnnnn! You win the internet.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Slim Cognito »

There were some incredibly witty people on Twitter. I'm going to miss that but hopefully I find them somewhere else. I haven't scrolled it much lately, I usually just read what's posted here. But occasionally I'd read something, post a response I thought incredibly clever, only to find out about 100 people posted the same thing before me.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

cjroberts wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:06 pm Elongate is really going to be drawn out
Bravo!!!!! :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

I know TikTok is a young persons app but when I’m feeling down I go there to laugh. There are so many great people on TikTok too. John Aravosis is partnering with a unit of Ukrainian soldiers, for example, and raising money to buy supplies for them. He’s bought two battery packs and today mentioned that he’s raised over $80k for them.

My brother won’t download it. “The Chinese read everything you do on Safari.” The poor Chinese will be bored to death with my activity. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Twitter

I hear Babylon Bee got reinstated on Twitter. Blech.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

I have a niece fairly high up in Amazon and, yes, there are a lot of perks meant to increase productivity, but they are incredibly productive. She has somewhere around 20 patents in her name and is far up the IQ scale.

No doubt the “work” she does is confusing to those doing more traditional tasks, but she’s tough and quite even keeled.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Danraft wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:29 pm I have a niece fairly high up in Amazon and, yes, there are a lot of perks meant to increase productivity, but they are incredibly productive. She has somewhere around 20 patents in her name and is far up the IQ scale.

No doubt the “work” she does is confusing to those doing more traditional tasks, but she’s tough and quite even keeled.
I get money for munchies. Back in the pre-covid days there were well-stocked snacks for free, turns out that is what everyone missed the most about going into the office. Enter snack stipend given with each paycheck.

I might have thoughts about that, were I a blue collar worker.
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:41 pm Elon as a person is a contradictory enigma to me. He doesn’t seem to care what people think of him on the one hand yet he’s absolutely desperate to be liked, on the other.

Kinda like osg. Hmmmm.
It's the power. It's like cocaine. Money is power. Power corrupts, etc.
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:47 pm
Danraft wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:29 pm I have a niece fairly high up in Amazon and, yes, there are a lot of perks meant to increase productivity, but they are incredibly productive. She has somewhere around 20 patents in her name and is far up the IQ scale.

I get money for munchies. Back in the pre-covid days there were well-stocked snacks for free, turns out that is what everyone missed the most about going into the office. Enter snack stipend given with each paycheck.

I might have thoughts about that, were I a blue collar worker.

I have better health care than a Congressman*, six weeks of vacation, super deals on a car (up to 4 a year, actually) but the thing that means the most to me is a reserved parking space with free EV charging. It's the little things.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Chilidog

Twitter

Post by Chilidog »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:14 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:09 pm Read somewhere today that the entire payroll department quit, along with most of the other financial folks. Payroll set up for the next payday but not a single thing after than, including the severance packages.

Ooops.
Somewhere upthread it was mentioned that most of HR has left the sinking ship. Those would be the ones to process all those byebye letters and enter the severance info for payout.

There's going to be some juicy lawsuits soon...
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Jim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:32 pm
Actually, he's doing what a lot of businesses that have a massive revenue drop. Layoffs and downsizing the company.
I wanted to come back to this. I've been around long enough (too long) to know the new CEO comes in, looks around, talks to their leadership team, maybe some managers and employees, spends a couple months finding out where there could be changes for efficiency or quality or revenue improvement, whatever, then starts implementing. Usually surgically removing people whose roles are redundant or not in line with the "vision," consolidating, blah, blah, blah. What the new CEO does not do is walk in and without knowing anything fire people and departments willy nilly. They can't because they're usually responsible (if sometimes unlikeable) adults who usually report to a board or someone else, and the board usually doesn't like to see their company implode within two to three weeks.
John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:31 pm
Jim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:32 pm
Actually, he's doing what a lot of businesses that have a massive revenue drop. Layoffs and downsizing the company.
I wanted to come back to this. I've been around long enough (too long) to know the new CEO comes in, looks around, talks to their leadership team, maybe some managers and employees, spends a couple months finding out where there could be changes for efficiency or quality or revenue improvement, whatever, then starts implementing. Usually surgically removing people whose roles are redundant or not in line with the "vision," consolidating, blah, blah, blah. What the new CEO does not do is walk in and without knowing anything fire people and departments willy nilly. They can't because they're usually responsible (if sometimes unlikeable) adults who usually report to a board or someone else, and the board usually doesn't like to see their company implode within two to three weeks.
Wait, someone doesn't understand that the massive revenue drop is solely due to a twatwaffle stomping around the executive suite making utterly and stupendously atrocious proclamations and demanding things of techies that just aren't going to happen?
raison de arizona

Twitter

John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

Software suites don't run themselves.

Programmers aren't that good and AI is at least a decade away from being actually useful outside of painting pretty videos and generating irritating advertising copy.

They take maintenance and constant attention to function properly.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

In any complex system, you will have things that go wrong. Many times it’s similar to something that’s happened in the past so you have an idea on where to begin when trying to troubleshoot the problem. By eliminating so many employees, Musk has gotten rid of that accumulated knowledge. That’s one reason why, when things start to go wrong, there will be no one there who recognizes where to start troubleshooting and the problems will escalate to calamity.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”