Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Stories from inside the classroom

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

2 13 year old females kept giggling and falling out of their chairs and just in general were WEIRD

they fell out of their chairs more than 4 times in a 41 minute class.

THEY WERE DRUNK

it was 9 AM and they had already been to 3 other classes---how in the hell did they get to me?
June bug

Re: Stories from inside the classroom

Post by June bug »

Wow.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I actually cried.

NOt because they are the top students but they are both good ones and have never had an incident with me. I also had them last year.

I just don't understand and why didn't they do it on the weekend and not be in school.

Now-I won't be able to keep an eye on them since they will be moving schools. :brickwallsmall: :crying: :brokenheart:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Oh my!!!!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

That certainly sucks... but was this a one-off event? 'Cause, teenagers, ya know.

You don't have to be a surrogate parent to all your students. I assume your district/school has counselors that can intercede and try to figure out what is going on.

If there is a real problem, those young girls merely changing schools is not going to fix it.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

From what I have heard-this was their first time.

single parent working moms

they were together all weekend
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Wed.

Starship JMS

2 different fights in the poor English teacher's room. He was ready to quit

(he has never taught MS before-he taught Jr. College)

One little girl that was called the N word beat the shit out of an Hispanic boy . This girl weighs maybe 60 lbs but man she is scrappy. She made the boy cry.

Another kid ticked off the wrong student. Guess he didn't realize the kid was a Boxer. When the Boxer kicked his ass he fell against the white board and ripped his forehead on the metal trim across the bottom.

This can not be because of the pandemic because they were in school all of last year.

We are in week 6 of the school year!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:eek: What must these kids' home life be like that they turn to violence so quickly?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

right???
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Today Oct 18.
o

six girl fights

Myself
Principal
anther teacher got jostled in the scrum

After school a bunch of gonny go gos were outside all lined up to give our kids new testiments bibles.

i do not feel they should have been allowed on our property and stated so. i felt iit was wrong.

I told them they needed to away from school property to do this outreach.

was I wrong?????
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

They absolutely should stay off school property.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

IANAL, but I think that the school has to have a consistent policy. If no outsiders are allowed on school property to hand out similar material, then it would be acceptable. If you're just targeting one group, but allowing others, then there would be a problem. But, again, IANAL.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think you were enraged that these people thought they were doing such a great thing by throwing books at kids when you had just been dealing with the real day to day horror.

Thats not saying that you were wrong in what you said. I honestly dont know. But yu were angry, and your anger was understandable.

I think you could say that if these people want to give their news testaments to the kids, they should step up and do some hours volunteering with the children first. Get to know the kids. And if they feel that some of the New Testament will be meaningful tot he kids with their problems, they can point them to that part of it. Who knows, it might actually help.

I doubt they would agree, but you never know. And you could use the help.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:24 pm IANAL, but I think that the school has to have a consistent policy. If no outsiders are allowed on school property to hand out similar material, then it would be acceptable. If you're just targeting one group, but allowing others, then there would be a problem. But, again, IANAL.
I agree it should be consistent, and that means a policy. But why are people from outside the school bugging kids who should be focused on school? Like predators, with their prey trapped.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

we have some Muslim students.

I would love for someone to stand in the same spot and pass out the Quran.

I was angry but (and I say this as a christian) I do not believe they should have been allowed in front of the busses. Maybe across the street or a block up from the school but NOT in front of our busses while students are loading.

Oh and today one kid said he grabbed 5 New Testaments He gave me one.

It was the Gideon guys

I have 10 girls suspended at the moment 3 are going to hearing to be reassigned.

one is from an incident last week-a girl and her guy passed around a video of a kid pooping and then shared the video to over 200 kids

It is only October :crying:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I am very sad and frustrated right now.

These kids do not give a shit and I am tired of trying.

Kids got their pictures back. Teachers get 4 little sticky photos for their advocacy class; and no one was doing anything with them.

I have 12 advocacy students so I mentioned to hubby that I might try to create some type of christmas ornament with them. Well he looked on the web and found this cool kit that had clear ornaments with stuff you could put in them and pop them together and make a really cute tree ornament.

I was all excited today and my kids made some really neat designs and put their picture inside.

I guess I pictured them giving it to their parent or grandparents.

I got an email this evening that a couple of students destroyed them while they were in the library in a different class.

Why do I let my heart care when they CLEARLY do not care???
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

So sad, so hard; but, think of how much it meant to the majority of the students. I imagine it totally made their day!
somerset

Post by somerset »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:58 pm

Because you're a teacher. And that's why teachers are some of the most important people in society.

An oldie but a goodie:

Lani

Post by Lani »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:58 pm I am very sad and frustrated right now.

These kids do not give a shit and I am tired of trying.

Kids got their pictures back. Teachers get 4 little sticky photos for their advocacy class; and no one was doing anything with them.

I have 12 advocacy students so I mentioned to hubby that I might try to create some type of christmas ornament with them. Well he looked on the web and found this cool kit that had clear ornaments with stuff you could put in them and pop them together and make a really cute tree ornament.

I was all excited today and my kids made some really neat designs and put their picture inside.

I guess I pictured them giving it to their parent or grandparents.

I got an email this evening that a couple of students destroyed them while they were in the library in a different class.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our daughter the teacher has burned out.

She interviewed for a non-teaching job earlier this week and should find out if she gets it tomorrow.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:30 pm Our daughter the teacher has burned out.

She interviewed for a non-teaching job earlier this week and should find out if she gets it tomorrow.
Good luck to her.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Stories from inside the classXroom

Post by sad-cafe »

week one. 2nd year teaching English in MS. Taught in HS was department chair. Hired a friend (or so he thought) years latter, the friend becomes principal. gets the big head starts wagging his big dick energy to any and everyone. 4th day of school said ''E L 'a teacher wigged out. and quit

110+ out side. Kids are passing out on the busses and the air in the building is not keeping up
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Stories from inside the classXroom

Post by neonzx »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:34 am week one. 2nd year teaching English in MS. Taught in HS was department chair. Hired a friend (or so he thought) years latter, the friend becomes principal. gets the big head starts wagging his big dick energy to any and everyone. 4th day of school said ''E L 'a teacher wigged out. and quit

110+ out side. Kids are passing out on the busses and the air in the building is not keeping up
Yikes. Here, many schools cancelled outdoor recess/playgrounds and retrofitted indoor spaces for activities.

This heat wave is brutal and affecting people in different ways --and not healthy physically or mentally.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

our hallways and the gym has no air.

One building in our district cancelled school just for them today.

Our building the air started and stopped several times during a 3 hour period. GAH
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

so last week I broke some ribs at home. Stayed home a couple days but we only get 13 sick days. SO went back to work.

o as you all know I was being a klutz and fell early Tuesday morning last week. I went back to work on Friday and things were okay. Monday I worked and was hurting so badly that I was crying all night. Tuesday was a little better. Today Wed. I was doing my hall duty and a student either ran or was pushed into me YOU GUESSED IT on the injured ribs side. dropped me to my knees, I almost threw up and uncontrollable crying commenced. Then embarrassment because they brought the wheelchair and a couple of adults picked me up and sat me in it. All of this time I am just in a fog because the pain was imminence.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”