Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

John Duarte CA-13

ZinWhit

John Duarte CA-13

Post by ZinWhit »

Haven't seen any mention of this in the Cali press.

John Duarte is running for the CA-13 Congressional House seat, formerly Barbara Lee's before recent redistricting, the GOP nominee. He's a central valley farmer, Modesto way. FEC filings say he's got a well funded campaign in a now conservative CA-13.

Duarte helped fund and appeared at two of the Smith-Lucas Range Rights Symposiums, the one in Modesto alongside Ammon Bundy. Duarte also appears on Trent Loos' shows. He believes in the Smith ideology: constitution, land use (including permits), and CSPOA sheriffs and counties. He would support the Bundy family.

If Duarte is elected, he becomes worse than Nunes.

Side note.

At the second 3R, they spoke of "Black Ops" to control the narrative. Since then, PRN was born and both Bundy and Duarte are running for office.
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
bob

Re: John Duarte CA-13

Post by bob »

To be clear, Lee's district essentially was renumbered; she'll represent the new 12th next year.

For the new 13th, Adam Gray, a member of the state assembly, also is on the ballot. The new district looks to have a Democratic lean.
Image ImageImage
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Thank you for clarifying. I don't follow CA politics anymore, but did for the 10 or so years we lived in Mariposa. I noted Duarte recently in something I read about his run, and also kinda follow what McClintock & LaMalfa do with public lands.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

So you know what kind of fella he is (that's a big $$$ amount for the feds):

"Duarte believes he can represent farmers because he is one and has been a part of disputes over laws regulating farmers. One of the more recent examples was a years-long battle with the federal government after being fined for plowing over wetlands on his property.

Duarte settled and agreed to pay $330,000 in fines and another $770,000 of “compensatory mitigation,” according to a settlement agreement reached shortly before proceedings were to begin in U.S. District Court in Sacramento. The trial was set to determine if Duarte would have of had to pay a $2.8 million fine and tens of millions of dollars in mitigation expenses."

The corollary is Bert Smith and the Ogden Superfund Slaughterhouse he left behind still awaiting PRP adjudication.

Lots of ambulance chasing in Modesto just a few months before PRN's URL was registered, as it was Bundy’s first public appearance after release, with no analysis of the NFLC/Smith Network goals. Just Bundy and Lucas as, like Bundy, the Hammonds were also recently released.

Again, Duarte appeared with Bundy, Duarte funding two events, the '17 event about planning for the future.

Imagine if they both win their races.

"Calling America a "Bible nation," Bundy warned against environmental groups who believed in the Earth over God.

"In the Scripture, in the Bible, we have guidance on what we are to do and how we are to act and what is our right and what the Earth was created for. What the animals are for, what the grass is for, what the trees are for, what the fruit is for," Bundy told the attendees. "Do we see a different doctrine? Do these different doctrines affect us? .... What if I told you that these people, these individuals or groups, if they are allowed to continue with their plans that they will entirely destroy the happiness of human life?"

Snip

"Who in their right mind would do what they are doing? Who would destroy the ranches, destroy the dams, destroy the farms? Who would do that? Only someone who does not want humans to be fed, for them to live in a place they want to live, to be able to enjoy life and, as the founders said, to pursue happiness," he said. "They are an enemy to humans. They live by a different doctrine. And it is not based upon Christian principals. It is based upon a completely different theology.".

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2018/apr ... ans-bundy/

For what it's worth. I hope the Gray campaign has an October surprise with Bundy’s name on it.
bob

John Duarte CA-13

Post by bob »

"For completeness," CA-13 remains uncalled.

Duarte presently is leading, 50.4% to 49.6% (around 900-vote differential).
Image ImageImage
bob

John Duarte CA-13

Post by bob »

Duarte's opponent has conceded Duarte won (with 50.2%).
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

John Duarte CA-13

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:58 am Duarte's opponent has conceded Duarte won (with 50.2%).
Yuck. Not surprising, but yuck.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

John Duarte CA-13

Post by bill_g »

I wish one Democrat would claim fraudity fraud fraud fraud.
bob

John Duarte CA-13

Post by bob »

I'll defer the local BOTG, but I thought this district was gettable.

And the thin margin of victory shows it is competitive.
Image ImageImage
humblescribe
Verified:

John Duarte CA-13

Post by humblescribe »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Californi ... l_district

The "urban" areas of his map include the cities of Madera, Merced, Turlock, and Modesto that are along SR99. The cities along I5 are tiny farming communities. Most everything else is either very rural or just tangential to the outskirts of Tracy and Stockton.

Redistricting moved this area further east from the East Bay region that included Berkeley, Alameda, Oakland, and the wealthy suburbs on both sides of the coast range.

I live in Fresno just beyond the boundary.

Duarte is a turd and typical grab what you can farmer and the owner of a nursery that sells mostly to growers. He grafted a zillion almond trees of all varieties over the decades; I am not sure what other stone fruit or other permanent crops like vines and citrus his nursery creates. With more almond orchards being bulldozed than being planted of late, I don't know how this will affect his business.

When someone purloins aqueduct water for personal gain, I find it hard to believe that he will be working across the aisle.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”