Finicum Lawsuit

Poots are fighting for FreeDumb
chancery
Verified:

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by chancery »

See Yourish v. Cal. Amplifier, 191 F.3d 983, 990 (9th Cir. 1999) (“We may affirm a dismissal where at least four factors support dismissal.”) (simplified).”
Question for fellow lawyers: is "simplified' a new variant of "cleaned up"?
bob

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by bob »

chancery wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:32 pmis "simplified' a new variant of "cleaned up"?
Signs point to yes.
Image ImageImage
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:54 pm
chancery wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:32 pmis "simplified' a new variant of "cleaned up"?
Signs point to yes.
I really don’t like “cleaned up.” I like the idea of it, just not the description. “Simplified” is marginally better, but I would have chosen something else. Edited. Clarified. Abridged. Uncluttered. Neatened.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dave from down under

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Dave from down under »

Abridged

:thumbsup:
scirreeve

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by scirreeve »

She got Philpooted.
humblescribe
Verified:

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by humblescribe »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:24 pm
bob wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:54 pm
Signs point to yes.
I really don’t like “cleaned up.” I like the idea of it, just not the description. “Simplified” is marginally better, but I would have chosen something else. Edited. Clarified. Abridged. Uncluttered. Neatened.
Or, for those of us who never cracked a law book, judgesplained. :lol:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Uninformed

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Uninformed »

Apart from here on the Fogbow, has anybody bothered to comment on the Finicum appeal? Couldn’t find anything, even from the widder. Will the “faithful” see an appeal to the SCOTUS as anything other than a completely lost cause? How will the grift survive?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by poplove »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:56 am Apart from here on the Fogbow, has anybody bothered to comment on the Finicum appeal? Couldn’t find anything, even from the widder. Will the “faithful” see an appeal to the SCOTUS as anything other than a completely lost cause? How will the grift survive?
Scir Reeve found a facebook post from lambo.

Another post from sovcit jimi o'hagan

Uninformed

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Uninformed »

Thanks. :thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
ryabositis

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by ryabositis »

A bit of an interesting footnote today to the lawsuit, as reported in the Oregonian. In a move that, in my opinion, represents a bit of an FU to the Bundy crew, the governor of Oregon has appointed the officer that shot LaVoy Finicum to be the next head of the Oregon State Police.

"Tina Kotek appoints police lieutenant who fatally shot Malheur occupation leader as head of Oregon State Police"
realist

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by realist »

ryabositis wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:02 pm A bit of an interesting footnote today to the lawsuit, as reported in the Oregonian. In a move that, in my opinion, represents a bit of an FU to the Bundy crew, the governor of Oregon has appointed the officer that shot LaVoy Finicum to be the next head of the Oregon State Police.

"Tina Kotek appoints police lieutenant who fatally shot Malheur occupation leader as head of Oregon State Police"
:thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by keith »

I wanna make a cynical remark, but it contains the possibility of putting nasty ideas into the head of some violent peabrain.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
poplove

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by poplove »

I popped in on the widder's facebook page and she posted a short video update a few days ago. Her attorneys told her not to get her hopes up in the wrongful death lawsuit appeal at SCOTUS and she's hired a lawyer in Oregon to get back lavoy's things from when he was murdered. Not much else other than they are busy doing ranching stuff. And no request for money. :yawn:
poplove

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by poplove »

Nothing new on the lawsuit, but the widder is a big fan of tucker carlson. On her facebook page she posted a link to his interview with andrew tate and said that andrew reminded her of lavoy. :eek:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by raison de arizona »

I didn't know LaVoy was a sex trafficker. Huh.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Dave from down under »

He was a Foster farmer…

What happens on the farm, stays on the farm..
poplove

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by poplove »

H/t Thestupidhurts @CraigSh49850532

Harney County Committee of Safety facebook post:
UPDATE ON THE LAVOY FINICUM WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT:
The Supreme Court did not take up our case.
Which means our journey through the court system has come to an end. Although we haven't seen justice for LaVoy's murder in this life, we know there will be justice in the next life.
As LaVoy quoted often,
"The fight for freedom is God's fight... When a man stands for freedom he stands with God. And as long as he stands for freedom he stands with God. And were he to stand alone he would still stand with God...Any man will be eternally vindicated and rewarded for his stand for freedom." Ezra Taft Benson
I can't believe that we are approaching the 8th anniversary of his murder. Still at times, it feels like yesterday. For those of us left behind, life continues on, whether we wanted it to or not. The process of grief is traveled very uniquely, and has no time limit place on it. It repeats itself over and over again until you come to a place of peace, remembering only the love and wonderful times you shared together. I know many of you know what I mean and have experienced the same. Thank you for being there for me and my children throughout our continued process.
We have decided to keep the website up for now. LaVoy did start it himself when he published his book and hoped to share his book and feelings there regularly. We will strive to do that also. There are many items left over from our journey here on our website. If you are interested we have reduced the price to cost and it will remain so until those items are sold. We have also reduced the price of his book for the holidays so you can share with others his story and warning of preparedness. Also, he started another book years ago. I found it in a brief case all hand written out. I am still in the process of transcribing, and hope to be showcasing it here on our website when it is finished.
During this time of Thanksgiving, our family would like to thank all those who have helped us through these past years. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your support emotionally and financially. Thank you for your love and kindness. We could NOT have gone this far without your love and support. Many of you are now like family to us and we too love you all so very much. We pray that you are all well and encircled by those whom you love every day. May there be peace throughout the world. May we continue to love and care for one another.
May God Bless each of you!
With much love and eternal gratitude,
Jeanette Finicum
Kendra

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Kendra »

Also, he started another book years ago. I found it in a brief case all hand written out. I am still in the process of transcribing, and hope to be showcasing it here on our website when it is finished.
Nooooooooooooooooo!
Suranis

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Suranis »

Or Jeanette (or OpenAi) is writing a book, and hopes to wring out the last few sheckels out of Levoys' cadaver by publishing it under his name.

Or maybe she was actually the one who wrote the last book, and they published it under his name for reasons.

Either way, I'm not believing that there was a briefcase full of a book for a single second. For one thing, if there was she would have published it years ago while his name was hot.
Hic sunt dracones
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Frater I*I »

About time that a stake was finally driven into the heart of this failsuit
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Baidn

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by Baidn »

poplove wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:21 pm I popped in on the widder's facebook page and she posted a short video update a few days ago. Her attorneys told her not to get her hopes up in the wrongful death lawsuit appeal at SCOTUS and she's hired a lawyer in Oregon to get back lavoy's things from when he was murdered. Not much else other than they are busy doing ranching stuff. And no request for money. :yawn:
Honestly with most of these types them quietly going away and stopping grifting is the best that can be hoped for.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
NewMexGirl

Finicum Lawsuit

Post by NewMexGirl »

Baidn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:00 am :snippity:

Honestly with most of these types them quietly going away and stopping grifting is the best that can be hoped for.
Yup.

Return to “Bundys and their elk”