Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:54 pm I’m glad to see so many women as governors. It will be interesting to see how they go.

In general, how do Alabamans feel about Kay Ivey?
I'd say pretty pleased.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-e ... or-results

67% of the vote. Unless of course there were "issues" with the Democratic nominee, also a person with two X chromosomes.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:54 pm I’m glad to see so many women as governors. It will be interesting to see how they go.

In general, how do Alabamans feel about Kay Ivey?
In general, she prefers to keep a low profile and doesn't like to be dragged into national politics. This is a typical Southern thing though, very similar to TN and MS. She broke on the anti vaxxers when she had to and started blaming them for rises in cases. Otherwise I would say generic R policy wise. I would guess she prefers Katie Britt over Mo Brooks. Really glad I'm not there anymore.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

She looks to me like your friend's racist grandma who still says the N word.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

CO-08 flipped to the democrats.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:03 pm I was gobsmacked to read this morning that the Democrats pulled the trifecta in Michigan. The only dark spot is one Republican-backed SCoMI justice was re-elected. First time since I started in the public schools that the state legislature was controlled by the Democratic Party.

Victor Shi
@Victorshi2020
NEW: jaw-dropping initial youth voting numbers out of University of Michigan. 94% of students voted for Gretchen Whitmer. Only 6% voted for Tudor Dixon.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

One enormous THANK YOU that we have neglected to mention is to the Mighty 699th. Behind the scenes and with extreme secrecy, they took care of matters "behind the scenes" and were invaluable to having the most successful first-term Midterm results in 40 years.

One example: The 699th made sure the word got out about Oz and, well, you saw what happened to him.

John Fetterman @JohnFetterman US Senate candidate, PA
BREAKING: Dr. Oz is a puppy killer.

There will be much more Justice with Lt Col Root Beer, Lt Biscuit & the 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment based at Der Dachshundbünker.

This dangerous and ferocious War face scared the fu*k out of the MAGAts.

BISCUIT WAR FACE 699TH.JPG
BISCUIT WAR FACE 699TH.JPG (90.97 KiB) Viewed 1058 times

The GOP knew any hijinx would result in very serious consequences, look how frightening Lt Col Root Beer is! They knew she was ready to launch the 699ths Elite Helicopter Team and blow them to hell.

Root Beer Headphones.jpg
Root Beer Headphones.jpg (296.15 KiB) Viewed 1058 times

A huge THANK YOU from America to the 699th and its Commander! Many are calling for Root Beer and Biscuit to receive new promotions, or at least the Golden Pup-peroni medal for Bravery and Honor. :lovestruck:

699th Logo.jpg
699th Logo.jpg (139.32 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:33 pm The GOP knew any hijinx would result in very serious consequences, look how frightening Lt Col Root Beer is! They knew she was ready to launch the 699ths Elite Helicopter Team and blow them to hell.

Root Beer Headphones.jpg
"At my signal, unleash Hell." - LCOL Root Beer, but in barks, one supposes.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Yeah, it is time for Root Beer to get a bird on her collar.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

My most abject apologies for not thanking our saviors. Can I say I got distracted by JJ McNab's move from Twitter and her Proof of Cat challenge? Or will that intensify the disillusionment? :crying:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

‘Proof of Cat’ makes me lol
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Biscuit in a basket says "you're welcome!"

and Root Beer says "Does that mean I get extra treats"?

The regiment is always happy to help...

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Lt Col Root Beer needs 38 more landings to be promoted. Lt Biscuit is working on her CPE (Continuing Puppy Education) credits to be eligible to make 1LT.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Do they have to be safe landings?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:25 pm Do they have to be safe landings?
Technically no, but since I will be riding along I would prefer them to be.

I have one "not safe" landing in my own logbook and not looking for another.

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:25 pm Do they have to be safe landings?
Safe for whom? :biggun:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I am trying hard to get past the fact that my state did, indeed, have a red wave.

We elected a 2020 election denier, hardcore anti-abortion raging right-wing MAGAt to the United States Senate. It's shameful that the Republican Party picked him. I live in a state with too many morons. :(

We are within one seat, it turns out, of a GOP supermajority in the state leg, where they can pass anything over a veto. But Governor Cooper's ability to veto their trash is in serious danger. :(

Luckily, our House contingent is 7 and 7. My congressman is not a congressman, she's a congresswoman, and a buddy of mine. I helped her run for the US Senate, lo these many moons ago. But this state is screwed.

I feel like everybody else at the party had a great time, but I got lost and my car got stuck in the mud. :blackeye:

But that's gonna pass. I'm glad we did well nationally.

Here goes nuffin'.

:cheer2:
She was drinking some dreadful vegetable smoothie
concoction that looked like minced caterpillars.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:03 pm I am trying hard to get past the fact that my state did, indeed, have a red wave.

We elected a 2020 election denier, hardcore anti-abortion raging right-wing MAGAt to the United States Senate. It's shameful that the Republican Party picked him. I live in a state with too many morons. :(

We are within one seat, it turns out, of a GOP supermajority in the state leg, where they can pass anything over a veto. But Governor Cooper's ability to veto their trash is in serious danger. :(

Luckily, our House contingent is 7 and 7. My congressman is not a congressman, she's a congresswoman, and a buddy of mine. I helped her run for the US Senate, lo these many moons ago. But this state is screwed.

I feel like everybody else at the party had a great time, but I got lost and my car got stuck in the mud. :blackeye:

Here goes nuffin'.

Humans got crushed in the North Carolina elections. I'm starting to poke around looking for some place to light inside my company that doesn't have nazis in the government.

The real problem is that the Feds signed off on the last 'pub redistricting but the State Supreme Court knocked it down. But Tuesday that court flipped super majority nazi, districts are gonna get even worse and preclude any win by humans in the next 2 decades.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:03 pm :snippity:
I live in a state with too many morons. :(

We are within one seat, it turns out, of a GOP supermajority in the state leg, where they can pass anything over a veto.
:snippity:
Welcome to the club...

You're late to this club, signed "indy Voter in Central GA"
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gregg! You should have put a WARNING on those ferocious and frightening photos of Biscuit in the Basket and Root Beer! :lol: Jem and so many here get terrified (and love you Jem, thanks for asking about me :lovestruck: ) seeing those vicious, bloodthirsty killers. You can see they are ready to, as Ben said, ""At my signal, unleash Hell." - LCOL Root Beer, but in barks, one supposes."

The only salvation is that Fogbow members are all patriotic Americans who thankfully the 699th is here to protect and defend. But on Sharon Rondeau's site, those photos would cause mayhem and chaos because Rev Dr Laity Esq & Co. know what happens when they dare to tangle with the 699th.

Four of my political election insider hack friends believe there's a really, really good shot that both Mark Kelly and CCP will win their Senate races, making Georgia a cherry on top. It's truly amazing and awesome. Go Democrats!

Dave Wasserman is seeing the same thing:
Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 14h
After last night's NV mail ballot trend, excellent chance now that Dems will have 50 Senate seats/control in hand heading into the GA runoff.

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
For once, Jim Hoft & Gateway House of Boys (& Pundits) were right. 😂 For the GOP #Midterms2022 was indeed a BLOOD MOON BLOODBATH. Many insiders say excellent chance Democrats will WIN both NEVADA #CortezMasto & ARIZONA #MarkKelly, making GEORGIA #Warnock a cherry on top. 🍒

Quote Tweet Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 15h
After last night's NV mail ballot trend, excellent chance now that Dems will have 50 Senate seats/control in hand heading into the GA runoff.
11:17 PM · Nov 10, 2022

In Nevada, keep watching Jon Ralston. They've just projected Dina Titus and the other 2 Dem incumbents beat their GOP challengers. And even Gov Sisliak is getting closer. Cortez Masto is far exceeding her must number. Clark County drop boxes are coming through hugely.
Jon Ralston @RalstonReports 43m
We have now projected all three Democratic incumbents to win re-election to the House.
All three were GOP targets, and a ton of money was spent here to defeat them. (I thought they would defeat Lee.)
This is also vindication of a Dem redistricting plan criticized near and far.

Quote Tweet Nevada Independent @TheNVIndy 45m
PROJECTED: Democratic Rep. Susie Lee is projected to win re-election, earning a third term representing Nevada’s Congressional District 3.

Jon Ralston @RalstonReports 6m
Big gain in Washoe for CCM, slices Laxalt's lead by 4,500 votes, now just 9,000 statewide.
She again received more than 60 percent of the vote.

Quote Tweet Sean Golonka @s_golonka 9m
In a new batch of 18.4k ballots counted in Washoe County, here are the #nvsen results:
- Cortez Masto received 11.2k votes (61 percent)
- Laxalt received 6.6k votes (36 percent)

This drops Laxalt’s statewide lead from 13.6k to 9k.

Meanwhile, in Arizona, Maricopa is giving Mark Kelly more votes, which was the opposite of 2020 when the Disgraced Loser kept catching up to President Biden. Katie Hobbs is more dicey, but there are a ton more Maricopa County votes coming in and hard to see many voters going for Mark Kelly then splitting the ticket for crazy Kari. My friends say to watch how hysterical Kari Lake gets; the more she acts out and threatens, the more it's slipping away.

BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️ @mmpadellan 7h
BREAKING: Katie Hobbs has increased her lead over nutjob Kari Lake by another 3,000 votes (+16,788)!
LET'S GOOOOO!!!

BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️ @mmpadellan 1h
BREAKING: Mark Kelly just picked up 43,000 votes to increase his lead to 114,000!
Katie Hobbs has also added to her lead over Kari Lake, now by 26,000!!

GO GO GO! :blissy: :flag:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I suspect my actual ability to vote at all was in jeopardy in this election, but I dodged a bullet.

I say this because if Arizona had elected the GQP people to Secretary of State and Attorney General and Governor, the ability of overseas voters to submit ballots by email would very likely be in danger.

As it is, I just checked, and my ballot, submitted by email 3 weeks ago, is/was being processed in Pima County Batch O5.

When I checked my snail mailbox this morning (11 November) what did I find but the Voter Guide for the November 8 General Election.

I don't know when that thing was posted, but there is NO DAMN way overseas voters can handle their civic duty via snail-mail.

Once again, I extend my thanks to the effective and efficient Pima Count Recorder's office and her staff for their great service.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

AZ-06 and OR-05 I'm not so sure about
Luke

Post by Luke »

Dave Wasserman just called AZSenate for Mark Kelly!!

Dave Wasserman @Redistrict
I've seen enough: Sen. Mark Kelly (D) wins reelection in #AZSEN, defeating Blake Masters (R).
12:46 AM · Nov 11, 2022
18.2K Likes

Gonna take a small personal privilege... I troll Kurt Schlicter a lot, but never over the line. I gently poke fun at his hyperbaric lunacy. He's actually retweeted some of my reactions to him. He did a whole big column before the midterms: "Be Caring for the Libs’ Feelings When the Red Wave Hits". Here is his juvenile drooling and fantasy killings in spoiler. If you can deal with his stupidity, it's a great setup for what's next. :P

► Show Spoiler

Yeah, yeah, yeah Kurt.

Well, all that venom and madness blew up in his LA lawyer face (yes, he's an attorney). Brought tears to my eyes (of laughter). He says the quiet part out loud, it's what they are all thinking:
That Could Have Gone Better
Kurt Schlichter Nov 10, 2022
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.

The red wave we expected is, as of this writing, a red splash at best, and we need to rigorously evaluate exactly why the ferocious grizzly bear we expected turned out to be a gentle little bunny. We will probably end up with the House. We might get the Senate, maybe after a run-off in Georgia. Gee, familiar? But we are not going to obliterate the Dems.

Here's the thing – Biden is not only terrible, but most people think he is terrible. Yet even with that, plus the historical trends, and a powerful issue set, we did…okay at best, and lots of us are already howling. The problem is not that we did not advance – we probably will in the House at least, and as Warren Buffet once observed, you never go broke making a profit. The Senate…hmmmm. Our problem is that we set huge expectations, and they simply did not pan out.

How realistic were our expectations? In hindsight, which is the clearest and most accurate sight, not particularly realistic at all. People were talking about 50 House seats. It looks like maybe a dozen or so. The fact is that we had won a lot of the red seats in prior cycles and consolidated them – we were reaching for blue seats in 2022. To the extent we failed to hit our goal, it was a pretty hard goal. We were just not realistic about that.

This cycle's Senate map was always tough. The polls indicated they were close pretty much the whole time. Was polling inaccurate? Yes, where it gave us false hope. For example, Bolduc in New Hampshire was supposed to be close. It was…not close. This is a teachable moment, like getting hit by a car teaches you to look both ways. We need to ask ourselves what we can learn because when life gives you lemons, you must juice them and mix that juice with some sort of clear liquor, and after you sleep it off, you need to think about what went wrong.

We mentioned expectations. We need to manage them in the future. It was great to think there was a red tsunami coming, but that left us primed for disappointment. And we were.

Here's a big factor – much of America is more liberal than we want to accept, and a whole lot of Americans are willing to tolerate the garbage policies Democrats push. Some people just don't want freedom – they liked the COVID crap and support woke fascism. There are a lot of these people, though not in Florida, and liberals are gonna liberal no matter how poor and miserable that makes them and everyone else.

They say candidates matter, of course, but how much do they really? The fact is that Pennsylvania elected a bizarre ogre. Here's the thing – party allegiance is enduring in ways it never used to be. That Fetterman won is an indicator. You vote for that freak of nature only if you are purely partisan. I do not begrudge them that. It's about getting the Senate seat. But appeals pointing out the fact that Fetterman is a mutant did not get it done. Sure he's a mutant, they thought, but he's our mutant.

There will be a lot of talk about "bad candidates," which is usually started by people whose chosen candidate lost in the primary. But there is a lot of evidence that voters will vote for anybody on their side. "Good" candidates lost, too; "bad" candidates won.

There will be talk of money, and who supported which candidate sufficiently. Mitch McConnell wanted to be the Senate Majority Leader, and he might not have gotten it done. That's on him. You can argue he should not have stiffed this candidate or wasted money on that one, but it does not really matter. He had one job, and it's not clear as of this writing that he did it. This doesn't excuse other people who had a part in this clusterfark, but his job is to get the majority, and it's not clear he has.

And, of course, there's Trump. My DMs and texts are exploding with people who are all done with him, people who do not want him to run in 2024 and think he's a liability. They are quick to blame him for much of this. I think that's justified, but I think it's also too easy. If we toss him out, that doesn't solve the GOP's structural problems. A lot of voters will never vote for us. We have to fix that.

Trump certainly should own the losses of the candidates he pushed in the primaries – like Dr. Oz – just as he takes the accolades for the ones who won. He was planning to announce next week, according to many people of varying reliability. That would be a huge mistake; Republicans have a bad taste in their mouths right now, and the last thing they want to do is hear from him. Republicans are going to want to win more than ever in 2024, and the big knock on Trump is that he won't. After the results in Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Wisconsin in 2022 (not to mention 2020), how does he argue that he can win these states? What's the plan? More and meaner nicknames? There's no sugarcoating it – Trump was a huge loser yesterday.

What went right? The big winning theme was competence. That was really the heart of Ron DeSantis's appeal in leveling the Democrats in Florida. He's a good governor. So are Brian Kemp, Glenn Youngkin, and Greg Abbott. They get the job done – not perfectly, of course, but well enough that both normal people and some Democrats will vote for them. No drama, no trauma. Look for Ron DeSantis to wait to announce until long after Trump does, keeping his powder dry and racking up points for doing his job competently even as Trump exhausts the party with his antics, which are kicking up again in the form of fake announcements or picking dumb fights.

Election night 2022 sucked, and that's not what we were expecting. The Democrats, for their part, will be able to put off a much-needed personal inventory for a couple more years. The lesson they will take is that nothing matters – they can screw up and move up, and that seems to be true. Biden certainly runs – that senile weirdo thinks this is a personal vindication. It's not, but that does not matter. We conservatives, however, need to think through clearly how the hell we can keep election night 2024 from being another letdown.

So when Wasserman said Kelly won, saw a Kurt tweet about how wrong Dave was about MAGA and the election and reminded him of his prediction that the GOP would lose the midterms (he said they would lose if they passed any type of gun control and of course they did). Will not let him live it down. But in a caring way like I do. :P
Kurt Schlichter @KurtSchlichter 37m
He’s completely misreading the situation
Quote Tweet Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 16h
The contrast between the failure MAGA enthusiasts and success of Rs running on bipartisanship/their own brands was even greater than I expected on Tuesday. Plenty of newly elected Rs now w/ strong incentives to break w/ Trump. twitter.com/kaitlancollins…

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 13m
Replying to @KurtSchlichter
Kurt Schlichter, you called it in May: GOP blows it & loses #Midterms2022.

Dave called #AZSenate for @CaptMarkKelly:

"Dave Wasserman: I've seen enough: Sen. Mark Kelly (D) wins reelection in #AZSEN, defeating Blake Masters (R). 12:46 AM · Nov 11, 2022"

Kurt Retweet GOP Loses.JPG
Kurt Retweet GOP Loses.JPG (62.57 KiB) Viewed 697 times

It's a lovely story, right? :lovestruck:
much ado

Post by much ado »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:35 am It's a lovely story, right? :lovestruck:
That's a heavy dose of schadenfreude right there. Perfect for bedtime... Thanks!!!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:03 pm I feel like everybody else at the party had a great time, but I got lost and my car got stuck in the mud. :blackeye:
I mean, us Floridians kinda feel your pain, yanno? I'm seriously considering selling my condo when I'm home on home leave next year and shifting my legal residence to New Hampshire (where my adult son lives, and where he and I have discussed going halvsies on a place where he and his sweetie can live full time as long as the 2nd bedroom is reserved for me, or guests spending a short time with my permission to use my room). Mostly the same tax implications, and a place to store my winter clothes between posts in non-wintry regions.

ETA: Our original game plan was to buy a place together in Gainesville, since that's where he was born and spent his most formative years; NH was his mother's home and when she and his stepfather split, the kid bounced back and forth for a few years, finally spend a few months with me in adulthood when we really got to know each other and then heading back to NH when we couldn't put together a reasonable game plan for him to stay in South Florida without crashing on my couch illegally (note for those curious about how that sounds: Stepdad raised him on my behalf, and it's not a thing about which any of us are ashamed or feel regret since it gave the kid a loving two-parent family until his early teen years and even after they divorced, my son's stepdad treated him like his biological son until the kid was 19 and they had a falling out which has since become permanent despite my efforts to mediate, and his momma asked me to step in and take the wheel myself, which I have done on the condition that his stepdad, even having fallen out of favor, not be marginalized in the history of the story, since the man was there when I wasn't and that is an actual fact). But he's still trying to convince his sweetheart of 3 years that she will like Gainesville (she's a New England gal) and the political situation in Florida depresses all 3 of us.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:03 pm I am trying hard to get past the fact that my state did, indeed, have a red wave.

Here goes nuffin'.

Waving at you from Floriduh.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Current Politics”