X -Where Twitter goes to die.

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Twitter

Post by poplove »

Mike Masnick
@mmasnick
I see the "verification" system is going juuuuuuuuuuuust great.

:rotflmao:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

That’s hilarious. I see Twitter’s descent is continuing on schedule.
People are arguing whether it is real. It isn’t. It’s just anybody can buy a blue check now.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Twitter

Post by Kendra »

hear-by?

Isn't that hereby?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Rudy said something rude about Sarah. :fingerwag:

This is fun. :boxing:
Katie Porter '28
bob

Twitter

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:47 pm Eight-dollar fake Rudy said something rude about Sarah.
And eight dollars well spent.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Twitter

And the dark side.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Oh no, that particularly rude Rudy is VERIFIED with a blue checkmark, they're not allowed to lie to me! :crying: :crying: :crying:

That's GOTTA BE the real(ly) rude Rudy!
Katie Porter '28
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Open for trolling? Didn't one of our esteemed members say they had their account terminated cause they called out some bimbo? Now is the time to create another account, with or without $8 and do some namecalling :biggrin:

(or was that the doGs of the Facebook?)
busterbunker

Twitter

Post by busterbunker »

Elon Musk has no idea what he’s doing with Twitter
https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/elo ... atest-News
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

JJ McNabb moved to Counter Social on November 1.
I'm out. Musk's anti-woke social experiment is both naïve and dangerous. Twitter is just a platform. We the participants make it work and we can leave at any time.

My new home will be on #CounterSocial (aka CoSo.) The cats and I hope to see you there.
counter.social/@jjmacnab
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Twitter

I've been on counter.social, it's pretty sparse still, but I'm hoping it will pick up.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Blue check madness.
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.14.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.14.19 AM.png (94.18 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

The 21st century is too much.
Katie Porter '28
somerset

Twitter

Post by somerset »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:01 pm At some point, you have to wonder if he intends to just kamikaze the damn thing into the ground just so he can build something fresh in the new market which arises after Twitter has died.
I've wondered this as well. In a way, it makes sense.

Why would the Saudi government invest money in a "free speech" platform, and especially one that's the tool of choice for journalists? The last thing they want is a free press. But if you turn that question upside down, it becomes how much is the Saudi government willing to spend to kill off the tool of choice for journalists? A few $10s of billions probably isn't such big deal for them. Let someone like Musk run Twitter into the ground and kill it off as a tool to spread information.

I'm not sure that there will be a replacement. Maybe there will be, but if so I expect it would be one that governments have a much tighter control over (i.e., blocked just about everywhere except the US).
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm on Counter.Social, @Kriselda. The display name is EarthboundValkyrie.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

I'm considering Mastodon, but I've been too busy this week to research and choose. I'll use the 3 day weekend with no gaming obligations to do so, I think.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
FiveAcres

Twitter

Post by FiveAcres »

Mastadon:

I am @FiveAcres@mas.to

mas.to seems to be a good server and mostly keeping up with tsunami of new users.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Counter.Social @MarciaBarnes13.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

In an insignificant but entertaining side show of this Twitter mess, sportsballers and sportsballer media members are getting their nic hijacked and intensely stupid tweets are being made in their names.

Musk is an actual idiot.
humblescribe
Verified:

Twitter

Post by humblescribe »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:23 pm In an insignificant but entertaining side show of this Twitter mess, sportsballers and sportsballer media members are getting their nic hijacked and intensely stupid tweets are being made in their names.

Musk is an actual ox.
FIFY
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
much ado

Twitter

Post by much ado »

For what it's worth (not much), I terminated my Twitter account. I don't think I ever made a Tweet.
John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

much ado wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:50 pm For what it's worth (not much), I terminated my Twitter account. I don't think I ever made a Tweet.
I did an @ at a local sportsball host, once.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm also on Mastadon @kriselda@mas.to display name Kriselda
I changed servers. I'm now at @kriselda@pagan.plus. (I reposted this new part later I the thread for anyone who'd already seen this one. Sorry for the mess!)
raison de arizona

Twitter

Twitter’s content moderation head quits as departures alarm the FTC
Yoel Roth had become the public face of Twitter’s efforts to reassure users and advertisers the service would not become a ‘free-for-all’

SAN FRANCISCO — Several top executives resigned from Twitter on Thursday, some of whom cited fears over the risks from Elon Musk’s leadership in a stunning exodus that prompted federal regulators to warn they might step in.

One of the most surprising was the company’s head of moderation and safety, Yoel Roth, who had become the public face of the company’s efforts to reassure users and advertisers that Twitter would not descend into a “free-for-all.” On Wednesday, he appeared on a Twitter Spaces public meeting to defend the company to advertisers alongside Musk.

Roth’s was one of a number of resignations including Chief Information Security Officer Lea Kissner, the company’s chief privacy officer and its chief compliance officer, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal matters. Several other members of the site’s privacy and security unit also had resigned and those remaining were trying to stop a wave of abuse in the company’s expanded paid service, Twitter Blue, according to those people.

The privacy departures prompted a rare warning from the Federal Trade Commission, which has emerged as the government’s top Silicon Valley watchdog. It marked the second time in two days that a federal official has expressed concern about the chaotic developments at the company, coming less than 24 hours after President Biden said Musk’s relationships with other countries deserved scrutiny.

The agency said that it was “tracking the developments at Twitter with deep concern” and that it was prepared to take action to ensure the company was complying with a settlement known as a consent order, which requires Twitter to comply with certain privacy and security requirements because of allegations of past data misuse. Three of the resignations Thursday were by members of a data governance committee established in the FTC deal, according to a former employee who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters.
:snippity:
https://apple.news/Af-MibnPWRV6INWRqhaxZjQ
Apple link, but it is WaPo.
John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

Well, when "LeBron James" says he wants a trade (hes doesn't) and "Adam Schefter" (ESPN reporter) is mis-reporting sports "news" (Schefty is pretty accurate), you get an idea that whatever checks that had been in place have been completely removed and the stupid is going to go nuclear.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”