trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Ol' Wifehorn and many others would like very much to write Trump off after this election.

"He's done. He's irrelevant now," I heard.

But when I reminded her how fervent his actual supporters are, she admitted that he is far from a spent force in American polly ticks. The hardcore white supremacists - of whom, as we've learned, there are far more than is good for this great land of ours - are going to support him until the day he dies, and then after that until the day they die.

And he may still control 25% of the electorate in this great nation, which is a bit more than I control, I admit that much.

So don't write him off yet. :towel:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:43 pm You just know that emptygee, Gaitz and Boepert are going to co-sponsor a resolution (or whatever the process is) to elect him Speaker.

Would be accept? It would cut into his golf game.
It will be like the former guy did declare during the 2015/2016 campaign: he will represent and Mike Pence will do the work :twisted:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:10 am Maybe I can console myself watching the caged death match between trump and DeSantis. It will take my mind off the gaping jaws of fiery Hell about to consume us.
Two men enter!!!!!!

We lock the door then leave....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:21 pm He’ll have to eliminate Stefanik. She wants it.
He'll shoot her on 5th Avenue....

I'll see myself out...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:21 pm He’ll have to eliminate Stefanik. She wants it.
Nope. She is not at alllll popular with her fellow House Reptiles. She is pretty much invisible, in fact. She can mean tweet, but that is her sole talent. And no matter how hard she tries, her mean tweets are not in the same galaxy as those of MTG et al. She is a lightweight.
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

much ado wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:35 am
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:16 am Oh I love it. Civil war will erupt.
Yessss!!

I expected that the GOP would eventually scapegoat Trump when MAGAtism had clearly run its course. I didn't really think it would take this long.

Has the GOP post-Trump era begun? It will probably have a bumpy start and may be entertaining to outsiders. What will the response be when Trump announces?
This is the kind of reporting I was lookng for...
Donald Trump faced unusual public attacks from across the Republican Party on Wednesday after a string of midterm losses by candidates he had handpicked and supported, a display of weakness as he prepared to announce a third presidential campaign as soon as next week.

As the sheer number of missed Republican opportunities sank in, the rush to openly blame Trump was as immediate as it was surprising.

Conservative allies criticized Trump on social media and cable news, questioning whether he should continue as the party’s leader and pointing to his toxic political brand as the common thread woven through three consecutive lackluster election cycles.

Trump was seen as largely to blame for the Republicans’ underwhelming finish in Tuesday’s elections, as a number of the candidates he had endorsed in competitive races were defeated — including nominees for governor and Senate in Pennsylvania and for governor of Michigan, New York and Wisconsin.

“Republicans have followed Donald Trump off the side of a cliff,” David Urban, a longtime Trump adviser with ties to Pennsylvania, said in an interview.

Former Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., who has long supported Trump, said, “I strongly believe he should no longer be the face of the Republican Party,” adding that the party “can’t become a personality cult.”
The scapegoating of Donald Trump has begun. This is going to get under his skin for sure.

Trump Under Fire From Within GOP After Midterms
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

Sanctions,we lurves them!

Fallout from Trump’s failed lawsuit against Hillary.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 84.0_1.pdf

589B95CB-007B-4F9C-8196-6AEAA30E59C4.jpeg
589B95CB-007B-4F9C-8196-6AEAA30E59C4.jpeg (359.33 KiB) Viewed 859 times
6D423958-2D68-4C36-94FF-395E7DF57673.jpeg
6D423958-2D68-4C36-94FF-395E7DF57673.jpeg (482.35 KiB) Viewed 859 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

So let me see if I understand this. TFG's Melania replacement, Alina Habba, and her associates are shitty attorneys.
Greatgrey

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow. Things sound pretty bad for them, "significant sanctions."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Greatgrey

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

Filly!

@KatiePhang @GreatGrey Have fun explaining that the next time one of these buffoons apply for pro hac vice.

much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

About the scapegoating of Trump...
As the sheer number of missed Republican opportunities sank in, the rush to openly blame Trump was as immediate as it was surprising.
Republicans now want to blame their failures on Trump? But what in the hell did Trump do? He did not put any of these failing Republican candidates on the ballots himself. Republicans, themselves, did this.

Trump is just another symptom of Republican idiocy. He is not, and never was, the cause.
Greatgrey

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

Looks like Judge Middlebrook might have been amenable to some 1927 sanctions.

Can the defendants still go after them?
FDFE87E8-ECCB-4697-A15C-439886D5C0A6.jpeg
FDFE87E8-ECCB-4697-A15C-439886D5C0A6.jpeg (284.99 KiB) Viewed 792 times
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Thanks, GG, for the updates. Looks great.

I had to Google '1927 Sanctions':
28 U.S. Code § 1927 - Counsel’s liability for excessive costs

Any attorney or other person admitted to conduct cases in any court of the United States or any Territory thereof who so multiplies the proceedings in any case unreasonably and vexatiously may be required by the court to satisfy personally the excess costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees reasonably incurred because of such conduct.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 646, 62 Stat. 957; Pub. L. 96–349, § 3, Sept. 12, 1980, 94 Stat. 1156.)
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/1927
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

neonzx wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:13 pm So let me see if I understand this. TFG's Melania replacement, Alina Habba, and her associates are shitty attorneys.
Technically they are SANCTIONED attorneys meaning "punished for being shitty" attorneys. :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

poot fight.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

Wah wah wah. Baby.
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Yeah, meanwhile a large part of the GOP now thinks that Trump is a losing loser who loses and is the cause of their losses.
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

This is a must read!

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 84.0_1.pdf
The Complaint. In March 2022, Charles Dolan was among 29 defendants initially sued by Mr. Trump. (DE 1). He was identified as a former chairman of the DNC, a senior official in the Clinton Campaign, and a close associate of and advisor to Hillary Clinton. The Complaint alleged that in April 2016, Mr. Dolan participated in discussions about the creation of a “dossier” to smear Mr. Trump and disseminate false accusations to the media (Compl. ¶ 79), and at the direction of Ms. Clinton assisted in preparation of the dossier (Compl. ¶ 81). According to the Complaint, an allegation contained within the dossier that Mr. Trump engaged in salacious sexual activity in Moscow hotel was derived from Mr. Dolan. (Compl. ¶ 91). Mr. Dolan was sued for RICO
conspiracy (Count II), conspiracy to commit injurious falsehood (Count IV), and conspiracy to commit malicious prosecution (Count VI). The Warning Letter. On May 31, 2022, counsel for Mr. Dolan wrote the attorneys for Mr. Trump. They warned:
1. That Mr. Dolan had no role in any conspiracy related to the Steele dossier.
2. That Mr. Dolan was not a source for the allegations of sexual activity.
3. That Mr. Dolan had not been in contact with any defendant other than Igor Danchenko, and that Mr. Dolan’s contacts with Mr. Danchenko involved business interests and help for a conference in Moscow.
4. That Mr. Dolan had never been chairman of the DNC.
5. That Ms. Clinton was on record through a spokesperson as stating she had no recollection of Mr. Dolan.
Frater I*I

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

"when Fox News fought me to the end"

Wow he really believes his own bull [expletive deleted]....

Roger Ailes and Fox News are the number ONE reason he won the primary by focusing on him over every other QOP hopeful....

If there is a hell Ailes is burning in it :fuckyou:

Trent Reznor
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

How'z about the Dems in the House pick the Republican that they most would be able to work with, and cut a deal with 4 or 5 sensible Republicans to set up a Congress that would actually get things done.

All it would take is half a dozen Republicans to go along with every Democrat. The speaker needs 218 votes, doesn't matter what party they come from.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slarti the White »

Gregg wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:13 pm
How'z about the Dems in the House pick the Republican that they most would be able to work with, and cut a deal with 4 or 5 sensible Republicans to set up a Congress that would actually get things done.

All it would take is half a dozen Republicans to go along with every Democrat. The speaker needs 218 votes, doesn't matter what party they come from.
Liz Cheney anyone?
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:00 pm
Nope. She is not at alllll popular with her fellow House Reptiles. She is pretty much invisible, in fact. She can mean tweet, but that is her sole talent. And no matter how hard she tries, her mean tweets are not in the same galaxy as those of MTG et al. She is a lightweight.
I think I remember a while back she was not-that-discreetly dissing McCarthy and making a play for it. That might not have added to her popularity, which she overestimates.
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

You know he doesn't know a big-kid word like "sanctimonious."
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I guess Trump missed the fact that he LOST his last election while DeSantis won his with no endorsement from Donny.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”