trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:26 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:58 pm
Has the House already been declared to be in safe Democrat hands? A Republican held House will dismantle the Jan 6 committee as one of its first actions and hide all the evidence collected.
I would hope one of the cleanup acts of the committee will be to publish (what they can) and share with the Executive (the stuff that can't be published) what they have, but I've always been an optimist.
They have always intended to issue a report on their findings. I imagine it'll be a pretty good read.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:48 pm They have always intended to issue a report on their findings. I imagine it'll be a pretty good read.
I'll bet the series on Netflix will be even better... What will it be called? :think:
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

American Horror Story.

Oh, wait...
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:58 pm Has the House already been declared to be in safe Democrat hands? A Republican held House will dismantle the Jan 6 committee as one of its first actions and hide all the evidence collected.
How, it's looking like the pubs 2ill take the House. However, the committee still has the rest of November and December to get their report out and info to the DOJ, and I expect that they've got that aell underway since there's always been a very good chance of the pubs taking over. I doubt they want their work to go to waste, and they strike me as smart enough to have planned ahead.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:48 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:26 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:58 pm

Has the House already been declared to be in safe Democrat hands? A Republican held House will dismantle the Jan 6 committee as one of its first actions and hide all the evidence collected.
I would hope one of the cleanup acts of the committee will be to publish (what they can) and share with the Executive (the stuff that can't be published) what they have, but I've always been an optimist.
They have always intended to issue a report on their findings. I imagine it'll be a pretty good read.
You can already pre-order copies of it from Amazon. There are several versions with Introductions or supplementary info by various people. They're listed as being released Nov 29th and range from $1.99 for a Kindle version of just the report itself to a out $30.00 for audio versions. You can find several of them here: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=jan+6%2C+202 ... _sb_noss_1
New Turtle

trump (the former guy)

Post by New Turtle »

There's a coordinated underbussing in the works.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Oh I love it. Civil war will erupt.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:16 am Oh I love it. Civil war will erupt.
Yessss!!

I expected that the GOP would eventually scapegoat Trump when MAGAtism had clearly run its course. I didn't really think it would take this long.

Has the GOP post-Trump era begun? It will probably have a bumpy start and may be entertaining to outsiders. What will the response be when Trump announces?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

much ado wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:27 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:48 pm They have always intended to issue a report on their findings. I imagine it'll be a pretty good read.
I'll bet the series on Netflix will be even better... What will it be called? :think:
If they let foreigners run it to give it a detatched eye, my vote would be 'Trump L'Oeil'. But that might be a joke above the heads of most of the viewing audience. Hrm.

"Behind These Doors" wouldn't be bad, I think. Allowing a juxtaposition of imagery from the Jan 6 with folks trying to force through the doors, and then from the doors opening and closing on committee hearings.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
New Turtle

trump (the former guy)

Post by New Turtle »

Wait till he loses the nomination to desantis and refuses to concede.
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

New Turtle wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:46 am Wait till he loses the nomination to desantis and refuses to concede.
Remember when Cruz beat him in a primary? Rigged! Rigged I tells ya!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:53 pm How, it's looking like the pubs 2ill take the House.
Ok this isn't a rag on you. But, after Months of "red wave" bullshit, I'm not going to listen to even more "oh we still predict the Republicans will take the house! And we know what we are talking about this time!" crap from American media. There's lots of races still to be decided, and they might know the results for weeks. So, not gonna listen till those are set in stone. There's 2 months to sort out all that crap.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

... and all the hanging chads in the scanners .... ;)
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

trump (the former guy)

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:45 am
If they let foreigners run it to give it a detatched eye, my vote would be 'Trump L'Oeil'. But that might be a joke above the heads of most of the viewing audience. Hrm.

"Behind These Doors" wouldn't be bad, I think. Allowing a juxtaposition of imagery from the Jan 6 with folks trying to force through the doors, and then from the doors opening and closing on committee hearings.
The Tangled Golden Thread.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
sugar magnolia

trump (the former guy)

Post by sugar magnolia »

keith wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:54 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:45 am

The Tangled Golden Thread.
Fool's Gold.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bravo, Ben, for "Trump L'oeil", although I never know how to pronounce it.

Pronunciations here:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... e%20l'oeil
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Democrapocalypse.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Poot fight.
Don Lewis @DonLew87 wrote: The Plot Thickens: 'Trump has also spread gossip about DeSantis, including unverified allegations about his private life. Rolling Stone is declining to repeat what Trump has said.' The mind wanders...🍿🍿🍿
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

https://twitter.com/Endthemisery1/statu ... 8914466817
EndtheMiserableGQP☮️ @Endthemisery1 wrote: Can New Mexico get some love please?
💥 Governor D
💥 Both Senators D
💥 US Congress D
💥 Secretary of State D
💥 Attorney General D
💥 State Legislature D
Free college, free childcare, pro choice! So proud of my state 💙💙💙
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

much ado wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:35 am
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:16 am Oh I love it. Civil war will erupt.
Yessss!!

I expected that the GOP would eventually scapegoat Trump when MAGAtism had clearly run its course. I didn't really think it would take this long.

Has the GOP post-Trump era begun? It will probably have a bumpy start and may be entertaining to outsiders. What will the response be when Trump announces?
Just a couple of months ago, many MAGA republicans were floating the idea that the Speaker of the House need not be a member, and that, they could elect TFG as Speaker.

As it now appears entirely possible, if not likely, that the R's are going to be in the majority come January, and that some R's are bad-mouthing Kevin McCarthy, are they still hoping to elect der fuehrer as Speaker? His allure seems to be a bit tarnished among the faithful, when he was unable to deliver the "Red Wave" he had been promising.

On a related note, it is true that the Constitution does not EXPLICITLY require that the Speaker be a member. If the R's did follow through on the suggestion to elect the OSG as Speaker, there would surely be lawsuits and, ultimately, SCOTUS would get involved.

What do you think would happen?

Do you think that there is any merit to the suggestion that the speaker can be an outsider?
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

He’ll have to eliminate Stefanik. She wants it.
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

You just know that emptygee, Gaitz and Boepert are going to co-sponsor a resolution (or whatever the process is) to elect him Speaker.

Would be accept? It would cut into his golf game.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

noblepa wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:11 pm Just a couple of months ago, many MAGA republicans were floating the idea that the Speaker of the House need not be a member, and that, they could elect TFG as Speaker.
I always love when this comes up, though, because it takes all of about 15 seconds for the kinds of people with whom I run to stop and then say "But, um, technically the Constitution doesn't actually give the Speaker any powers, that's all done by the House itself, right?"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

How the West Was Almost Lost

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”