trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I love "Blazing Saddles" quotes!!!!! :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

CREW (Committee for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington) has informed TFG that, should be run for President in 2024, they will file a lawsuit, invoking article 3 of the 14th Amendment.

I have no doubt that they will file such a lawsuit, when (not if) TFG announces his run, which should be happening any day now.

I have very grave doubts whether any Federal Court will find in their favor and issue a ruling barring TFG from running.

First of all, he did not enter the Capital, himself, on Jan. 6, even though he told the crowd "I'll be right there with you".

Secondly, there is a degree of (im)plausible deniability in his contention that his speech was not intended to exhort his followers to insurrection. (Personally, I believe it was, but the arguments may not be legally pursuasive). He never actually said "Hey, go attack the Capital and overturn the election". He came about as close as possible to saying that, without actually using those words.

If a District Court judge WERE to make such a historic ruling, TFG would, of course, appeal and ask SCOTUS to take it on immediately.

Does anyone think that SCOTUS, as presently constituted, would ever sustain such a ruling?

I don't. I don't believe that there is a snowball's chance in hell that this SCOTUS would ban him. If they could, I think that most of them would order that the elections be cancelled, and that he be installed as POTUS immediately.

Don't get me wrong. I believe he DID exhort his followers to commit insurrection and that he intended his speech to do exactly that. I believe that he did violate article 3 or the 14th, and should, therefore be banned from public office.

My question is not should he be banned (he definitely should). My question is WILL he be banned by this SCOTUS?
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

Totally normal dinner

Whoever did the credits did a terrible job. You can't even read most of the text
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:17 pm SCOTUS will make the necessary changes and remove the 1st Amendment right of free speech for "desecration of flags".

How many MAGAtts will find themselves deported for wearing the flag as their pants? Will hugging a flag with tiny be desecration of the flag?
If we were to use the US flag code as the rule on "desecration," there would be a whole huge bunch of MAGAtts being deporting and one or two flag-burning progressives leaving. The feds could just park their deportation busses at a Trump rally and give the attendees a ride "home."
Frater I*I wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:01 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:50 pm :snippity:
Umm wasn't there no 747-800 or 900 series? Also is he admitting he has classified docs on his plane now?
The two aircraft that Boeing is turning into the new Air Force One fleet are 747-8, the current VC-25 fleet is comprised of two 747-200s
I suppose it can be confusing to suddenly leap forward in the production series number from 400 to, um, 8.

He's still an idiot, or, well, moron.
101010 :towel:
humblescribe
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by humblescribe »

I would guess that there is zero case law on this particular complaint.

I would further guess that no judge would want to be tasked with the responsibility of disqualifying any candidate for public office that has a decent (or better) chance of winning. Any judge would let the voters Republicans decide.

While I also believe that he is unfit for office, this suit could easily be dismissed out-of-hand.

And, just like how certain Rethuglicans are threatening to impeach Biden and selected others if they retake both chambers, you can bet your Fogbow Belt Buckle that there they will retaliate in future elections.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Moving away from propaganda specially made videos... (all that would be scripted to make him seem strong to his intended auduance, I would suggest)

This is interesting not just because of the empty seats, but the sound of his voice. It's thin and whiny. How the heck could anyone enjoy listening to this clown for an hour and a half talking about memememememememe and whining. The crowd is obviously bored out of it's mind.

They are only there because "its making Libs cry."

Found this on this Newsweek article that gives a bit more context. https://www.newsweek.com/dr-oz-rally-se ... er-1757290
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

And Latrobe is really friendly country. I can't remember how many times he has been there.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:26 pm I love "Blazing Saddles" quotes!!!!! :lovestruck:
:thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Lots of rumors on the former bird site that tfg is announcing tonight. We'll see. I doubt even he knows, he'll just do it whenever he feels like it. 11/14 is the date I keep seeing, but rumors swirl...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

He'll just keep his bots starting rumours that "tonight is the night" to keep people talking about him. It's not like anything else about the career criminal is interesting.
Hic sunt dracones
Gupwalla

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gupwalla »

If he announces tonight, that’s good news for Democrats. If he waits until “soon” (meaning 11/14) that’s bad news for Democrats.

I hope he does announce tonight. It will put me in a good mood. It will not save him from the patient and watchful eyes of DOJ/FBI, and it will not affect in any material way the ongoing court activities surrounding him and his ilk.
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:13 pm And Latrobe is really friendly country. I can't remember how many times he has been there.
I'm kinda familiar with Latrobe, which is really small (<10,000) and which he probably never heard of. Probably can't remember it once his aides pack him off.
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

Why announce when you can dominate the news cycle every night by merely threatening to announce?

This has been going on for a year. Still waiting for ANYONE in the media to discuss the idea of TFG running for prez given the overwhelming experience of his more than two year old and ongoing attempt to carry out a coup. Which is the only context that matters.
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

If trump really wants people to get out to the polls tomorrow he'll announce tonight. Please do that's one way to motivate democrats and fuck over the republicans running.
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Hannity says he’s going to announce that he’s made a decision so everyone will wait and hold their breath. :lol: ok, only the first part was Hannity.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gupwalla

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gupwalla »

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:37 pm If he announces tonight, that’s good news for Democrats. If he waits until “soon” (meaning 11/14) that’s bad news for Democrats.

I hope he does announce tonight. It will put me in a good mood. It will not save him from the patient and watchful eyes of DOJ/FBI, and it will not affect in any material way the ongoing court activities surrounding him and his ilk.
Well, now I am disappointed. Trump will be making a very big announcement at Mar-a-Lago next Tuesday, 11/15. Wink wink.
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

When will he announce the possibility of him forming the capacity of deciding to make a decision? :bored:
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

Not until suckers stop being born every minute.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:36 pm Hannity says he’s going to announce that he’s made a decision so everyone will wait and hold their breath. :lol: ok, only the first part was Hannity.
#6666 Post by raison de arizona » 08.11.2022 03:36

very very develish :lol:
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

What is it?!? A new line of Depends in gold??? Only time will tell…
https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1589817909290885121
Trump: I'm going to be making a very big announcement on Tuesday November 15
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Is the doubly impotus threatening a return to Twitter :?: :cantlook: :doh:
Tiredretiredlawyer

trump (the former guy)

Suranis wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:50 pm When will he announce the possibility of him forming the capacity of deciding to make a decision? :bored:
:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

trump (the former guy)

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:02 am Is the doubly impotus threatening a return to Twitter :?: :cantlook: :doh:
:rotflmao:
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

as soon as he can say “Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.” in reverse :twisted:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”