Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Media Moves

Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... he-network
Jim Sciutto, a CNN daytime anchor and chief national security correspondent, has taken a personal leave of absence following an internal investigation into an incident that occurred while traveling for the network earlier this year.

CNN staffers were told of the leave on Tuesday, according to a person familiar with the matter who was not authorized to discuss it publicly. A CNN representative declined to comment, noting that the company does not discuss personnel matters.

Sciutto, who co-anchors the midmorning hours for the network, has been off since Monday. Another person briefed on the situation said Sciutto is expected to return in several weeks.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Media Moves

Post by raison de arizona »

Kati Kokal @katikokal wrote: In a meeting that lasted less than 15 minutes this afternoon, @Gannett announced mandatory furloughs at the holidays, buyouts, freezing our 401(k) match and stopping hiring. No details. Very little info on timeline.

I think most of us are either speechless or swearing rn.

Today marks two months to the day that Gannett laid off 400 people.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

LOL. Nicolle Wallace on Deadline WH, her panel (Senator Claire and I forget the gentleman's name), gives them a choice of who they want to talk about. The Republican who drinks his pee, the R that Dana Bash ate for breakfast or the R with the fake police badge.
Volkonski
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Media Moves

Post by Suranis »

I don't blame them. The press is trash in the UK. The Independent and the Guardian are the 2 standouts, and even they have their problems.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Media Moves

Post by pipistrelle »

A few days ago I found an article in a local small-town paper I used to deal with. in the intervening 20ish years, it's gone from being locally owned and focused to being owned by a media conglomerate that has ruined it. I suspect this has happened in a lot of places.
MN-Skeptic

Media Moves

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Before...

After...

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Media Moves

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I think she said the off camera stuff on camera.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Media Moves

Post by pipistrelle »

I wasn’t knowledgeable about her.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/22/busi ... -news.html
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Media Moves

Post by RTH10260 »

good bio on a once successful media personality.

But now...

:eek:
NYT wrote:Her latest project is a forthcoming documentary on voting machines called “Selection Code” that is being financed by Mike Lindell, the chief executive of My Pillow, who has helped spread some of the most outrageous myths about the 2020 presidential election.
NYT wrote:In November, after she compared Dr. Fauci to Josef Mengele, the Nazi doctor who performed inhumane experiments on concentration camp prisoners, Ms. Logan was dumped by the production company that made a show she starred in on Fox Nation, the streaming service for Fox News. Her longtime talent agency also severed ties with her, according to one news executive.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Media Moves

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I guess there is a "crazy line" that must not be crossed. :shrug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Media Moves

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:11 pm I guess there is a "crazy line" that must not be crossed. :shrug:
This week....next week she could be spewing this stuff of Faux with Hannity nodding in approval...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Media Moves

Post by RTH10260 »

‘These Things Are Deplorable’: Atlanta iHeartMedia President ‘No Longer Employed’ Thanks to Leaked Video Exposing His Use of Racial Slurs

By Nyamekye Daniel |
October 20, 2022

A top iHeartMedia executive is out of a job after video of him using racist language was made public.

A Black executive recorded iHeartMedia Atlanta president Drew Lauter yelling at a hired driver to “run over Negroes,” and using the N-word while leaving a charity event last August.

Attorneys for the anonymous employee said he gave iHeartMedia a copy of the video months ago. The company released it to WSB-TV in Atlanta after inaction by the company.

iHeartMedia said it hired an independent firm to investigate the incident. Meg Stevens, the senior vice president of programming at iHeart Atlanta, confirmed in a statement that Lauter is no longer with the radio broadcast company.

“Allegations of this nature go against both our company values and our policies and we take them very seriously,” the statement read. “As soon as they were brought to our attention, we acted quickly, retaining an outside investigator to conduct a thorough review, and when we received the outside investigator’s findings, we immediately took decisive action. The employee is no longer with the company.”

https://atlantablackstar.com/2022/10/20 ... ial-slurs/
pipistrelle

Media Moves

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:50 pm
‘These Things Are Deplorable’: Atlanta iHeartMedia President ‘No Longer Employed’ Thanks to Leaked Video Exposing His Use of Racial Slurs
iHeartMedia said it hired an independent firm to investigate the incident.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2022/10/20 ... ial-slurs/
How much investigation does it take? Was it him? Did he say those things? Is that against company policy?

I wonder if a low-level employee would get the full "investigation."
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

CNN's new morning show with Don Lemon, Poppy Harlow and Kaitlyn (sp?) Collins. :yawn:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Media Moves

Post by raison de arizona »

Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: MSNBC has fired Tiffany Cross, effective immediately.

This was thought to be the “last straw” that got Tiffany Cross fired from MSNBC- she calls Florida, “the dick of the country”. Hours later she was let go.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

Good. My Saturday mornings have never been the same since she got the morning shift.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

Definitely no Tiffany on MSNBC this morning, but no clues how they'll replace that spot. Ali Velshi was on an extra hour, and Alex Witt was in an hour earlier, so each had a three hour slot instead of their usual two.
June bug

Media Moves

Post by June bug »

Kendra wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:50 pm Definitely no Tiffany on MSNBC this morning, but no clues how they'll replace that spot. Ali Velshi was on an extra hour, and Alex Witt was in an hour earlier, so each had a three hour slot instead of their usual two.
As far as I’m concerned, they can make this permanent. I love Velshi and really like Witt.
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

June bug wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:49 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:50 pm Definitely no Tiffany on MSNBC this morning, but no clues how they'll replace that spot. Ali Velshi was on an extra hour, and Alex Witt was in an hour earlier, so each had a three hour slot instead of their usual two.
As far as I’m concerned, they can make this permanent. I love Velshi and really like Witt.
For some reason I can't warm up to Velshi, especially when he's behind a desk and not in the field. Agree about Witt though.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I saw an article somewhere (sorry, I forgot where so no link) that they're planning to rotate hosts through until they decide on someone.
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:24 pm
I saw an article somewhere (sorry, I forgot where so no link) that they're planning to rotate hosts through until they decide on someone.
That makes sense. It's what they did after they moved Joy to prime time. Tiffany was a bad choice, always changed the channel when she was on.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Media Moves

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:20 pm
June bug wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:49 pm
For some reason I can't warm up to Velshi, especially when he's behind a desk and not in the field. Agree about Witt though.
I cant warm up to MSNBC full stop. 2 minutes of discussion, followed by 5 minutes of promotion spots, followed by 5 minutes of the same promotional spots repeated in the same order, possibly even repeated a third time before finally getting back to a further 2 minutes of 'fresh' current content, then the whole sequence repeated ad nauseam does not interest me and does not encourage me to warm up to them.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

I like Witt on weekends and Nicolle Wallace weekdays, they have good panels and ask good questions. Otherwise I'm tuned into CNN, but yikes!! that new morning show is a bomb IMHO. Tried tuning into the local news shows, especially to check on our windy weekend, but the political ads drove me away.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”