trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Dude. You lost. Get over it. :roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Yeah. “He heard.” BFD
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

"he heard..."

Step down when you start hearing voices :twisted:
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:37 pm "he heard..."

Steo down when you start hearing voices :twisted:
He heard it from John baron who heard it from David Dennison
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

.. but they cant convict both at the same instance. So all the one that hasn't been removed has to do is yell out "I appoint Hillary Clinton as mt Vice President" and it blows up.
Hic sunt dracones
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Plus, wouldn't they need 60 votes in the Senate to convict and remove someone from office? They'd have to pick up 10 seats in the midterms to be able to do that since I doubt any Dems would vote for conviction.
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:00 am .. but they cant convict both at the same instance. So all the one that hasn't been removed has to do is yell out "I appoint Hillary Clinton as mt Vice President" and it blows up.
I like it.

However, the fly in that particular ointment is that the nominee for VP must be approved by both the House and the Senate. If the R's have the votes to convict, they certainly won't approve HRC's appointment as VP.
June bug

trump (the former guy)

Post by June bug »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:30 am Plus, wouldn't they need 60 votes in the Senate to convict and remove someone from office? They'd have to pick up 10 seats in the midterms to be able to do that since I doubt any Dems would vote for conviction.
For conviction on impeachment, they actually need a 2/3 vote in the Senate - that’s 67 votes.

Filibuster was dropped to 60 votes but impeachment is in the Constitution, filibuster never was.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

Next stop… SCOTUS.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

have we seen this already?

New: Trump was DEPOSED in fraud class action he tried to avoid by hiding during Hurricane Ian

MeidasTouch
23 Oct 2022

Donald Trump was deposed for his involvement in the multilevel marketing scheme, which is being sued in a putative class action case in federal court in Manhattan. Trump was paid $9 million to recruit people who would sell the clunky and horrible phones in 2008 before smartphones took over the market. Trump is a Defendant in this action and previously tried to avoid his deposition by flying into Mar-a-Lago during Hurricane Ian and telling the Court that the Plaintiff waived their right to depose him unless they did it during Hurricane Ian.

much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

I found an ACN Opportunity recruitment video if anyone is interested...

Slim Cognito
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

Jeez, I didn't know anything about this. Did anyone else?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

picked up some background info
ACN, Inc. is a North American-based multi-level marketing (MLM) company.[2] It provides telecommunications, energy, merchant services and other services, depending on the country, through a network of independent sellers who also can recruit other sellers. Based in Concord, North Carolina, United States, ACN began operations in the United States in 1993.[3] As of 2019, the company reported that it operates in twenty-seven countries.[4][failed verification]

Donald Trump and three of his children had some involvement with ACN during his term as president of the United States. In 2018, a class action lawsuit was filed against them alleging fraud, false advertising, unfair competition, and a now-dismissed allegation of racketeering.[5][6] In July 2021, a US appeals court ruled that the case cannot go to arbitration. The lawsuit is ongoing as of March 2022.[7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACN_Inc.
and
Inside Trump's ties to the multi-level marketing company that gave him $8.8 million when he was approaching financial ruin

Yelena Dzhanova
Oct 21, 2020, 2:23 PM
  • President Donald Trump took $8.8 million from a multi-level marketing company called ACN between 2005 and 2015, part of a larger "Apprentice"-tied lifeline that helped save him from financial ruin, according to a New York Times analysis of his tax records.
  • Four anonymous MLM sellers are suing Trump, his company, and his family members, saying their endorsement of ACN led to them losing thousands of dollars.
  • The Trump Organization and ACN's co-founders told Business Insider they believe the lawsuit is no more than a politically motivated attack on Trump.
    ACN's reputation is defined largely by the intense scrutiny it's faced over the years, with regulators saying sellers are unlikely to make a financial return.
  • Though Trump has tried to distance himself from ACN, he's featured the company in two episodes of "The Apprentice" and has done numerous live events and promotional interviews with them.
For over a year, Jane Doe held out hope that her involvement with ACN would yield a profit.

She had sunk at least $4,600 into the marketing company, known as American Communications Network, over the course of a year.

She made just $38 to show for it.

But she remained optimistic: Donald Trump, the New York real estate tycoon and star of "The Apprentice," was publicly backing the company.

"I work with a lot of companies and I can say with 100% confidence that you've made the right decision choosing ACN," Trump said in one video shown to recruits.

Doe is now one of four pseudonymous plaintiffs involved in a class-action lawsuit against Trump. Starting in 2014, she paid thousands of dollars for registration fees, trainings, and conventions — all of which she believed would enhance her marketing skills and earn her money down the line, according to the lawsuit.

A hospice caregiver from California who put in 12-hour shifts daily, Doe was "eager to invest" in herself, the lawsuit says. Her mom was a fan of Trump's shows, "The Apprentice" and "The Celebrity Apprentice" on NBC. That, along with his video enticing newcomers to join ACN, was enough to get her started.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-r ... it-2020-10
Trump’s Doomed Video Phones Loom in Backdrop of His New Media Launch

ByErik Larson
February 10, 2022 at 4:00 PM GMT+1Updated onFebruary 11, 2022 at 4:25 AM GMT+1

Years before he announced plans for a social media and entertainment empire, Donald Trump was promoting another big idea in mass communication.

It was pitched as revolutionary: a desktop video phone that would modernize phone calls from the C-suite to the kitchen counter. Starting around 2008, the future U.S. president endorsed the device, sold by a multilevel marketing firm called ACN Opportunity LLC, with claims that people could make easy money peddling it “without any of the risks most entrepreneurs have to take.”

“Trust me -- it’s changing everything,” Trump, who was paid almost $9 million to promote ACN products from 2005 to 2015, said in a promotional video shown at investor events across the country. “The absolute truth is that this technology will be present in every home within the next several years.”

Needless to say, it didn’t work out that way. Skype was gaining ground. Video-calling became ubiquitous on smartphones. And in 2018, four recruits who lost thousands of dollars trying to sell the company’s products filed a class-action fraud suit against Trump and three of his adult children who also promoted ACN -- Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka Trump. The Trumps, who deny the claims, now face a June 29 deadline to sit for depositions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... edia-foray
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

more
Trump, children to sit for up to 7 hours of questioning in lawsuit over marketing company

BY CAROLINE VAKIL -
06/04/22 4:43 PM ET

Former President Trump and three of his children will participate in up to seven hours of questioning in a lawsuit started in 2018 over multilevel marketing company ACN Opportunity, lawyers for the defendants and plaintiffs said in a signed letter to a judge dated Friday, a court filing shows.

The former president and his children Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump will be deposed for a maximum of seven hours amid a lawsuit looking into the promotion of ACN Opportunity, through which some investors claim to have lost thousands of dollars, Courthouse News Service noted.

The investors argued that it was not clear that the Trumps, who promoted the company, had profited significantly off of it.

The former president and his children had already agreed in March to sit for depositions after previously seeking to have the case dropped in 2018, according to Bloomberg, but the length of the deposition was not previously known.

https://thehill.com/regulation/3512031- ... g-company/
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

ps. much to be found on the Google machine with

https://www.google.com/search?q=acn+opportunity+trump
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Video phone back when you could make video calls over the computer sounds like WebTV. :lol:
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

And on eBay, one can pick up lots of ACN Iris 3000 videophones really, really cheap!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284766155162?h ... R9zl48eDYQ

Trump is pimping the Iris 4000 in his picture above.

noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

When I retired last year, one of the guys where I had worked tried to sign me up for this, promising that I could make thousands of dollars to supplement my pension.

I listened to his sales pitch and did a little online research. I found ACN's website and read up on it. I quickly realized that this was an MLM scheme. I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to make money by selling customers phone or electric service, which they probably already had.

Needless to say, I declined the offer.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg believes he should get a pass since there is an election coming up. Also, he goes after another judge by name.
6F3F945C-42F5-4342-A388-99D0E17BB50E.png
6F3F945C-42F5-4342-A388-99D0E17BB50E.png (283.64 KiB) Viewed 857 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Golly, Mr. President, should I break into his house and beat him to death with a hammer for you, sir? Would that cheer you up, if I got rid of the vicious and mean little punk for ya?

I mean, that's what he's asking for, right after Paul Pelosi got, umm ... hammered.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Trump is a Schrödinger's candidate.

He's apparently a candidate running for office and therefore off limits for any lawsuits, while NOT being a candidate subject to the spending restrictions and reporting requirements mandated by the law.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”