trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

I support less Rs in the Senate, and if that means getting behind tfg and supporting write-in campaigns against RINO Rs, I'm here for it. :mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

Yes please write in Donald Trump for every Republican running for senate in 2022. This should be funny as hell if they fall for it.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

trump (the former guy)

Post by poplove »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:38 am There's a satire piece floating around the bird site saying trump has demanded all MAGAts write in his name for senator instead of voting for the Republican. A lot of people are buying it. I'm ok with that if some of them are MAGAts.
Sounds like a good plan :roll: except here in Nevada write-ins aren't allowed. I'm sure some MAGAts will try and then harass poll workers when they find out they can't. The only option is to vote for "none of these candidates."
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Woodward broke into my home and planted words on the tapes! No fair! No fair, I tells ya!
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
tek

trump (the former guy)

Post by tek »

So sue them, Donnie..
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

The MOST AGGRIEVED MAN EVAR IN HISTORY. ( sorry, I missed NAT CAPLOCK DAY)

Poor poor pitiful him.
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Remember when tfg said, “I was the most transparent, and am, transparent President in history.” Except for people quoting his actual words, I guess, that is verbotten.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

IANAL. Nor am I a journalist.

When a professional journalist interviews a famous personality/politician, like TFG, is there normally a written agreement, laying out any ground rules?

Absent such an agreement, what law, if any, covers the intellectual property rights that the interviewer and interviewee have in the notes or recordings taken during the interview?

IOW, do the tapes and publication rights belong to Woodward or Trump?

It seems to me that, as long as the recordings released by Woodward are, indeed, undoctored, Trump would have no grounds to sue for slander or libel. Truth is always a defense and actual, unedited recordings would be ample rebuttal to any charge of libel/slander.

Can TFG do anything besides bluster?
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:48 pm Remember when tfg said, “I was the most transparent, and am, transparent President in history.” Except for people quoting his actual words, I guess, that is verbotten.
Yeah, and remember when you believed in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:55 pm IANAL. Nor am I a journalist.

When a professional journalist interviews a famous personality/politician, like TFG, is there normally a written agreement, laying out any ground rules?

Absent such an agreement, what law, if any, covers the intellectual property rights that the interviewer and interviewee have in the notes or recordings taken during the interview?
:snippity:
I seem to remember a while back when the book was announced that the former guy made loud noises but then had to admit that some specific wording of confidentiality had been left out of the contract.
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

It seems to me that, as long as the recordings released by Woodward are, indeed, undoctored, Trump would have no grounds to sue for slander or libel. Truth is always a defense and actual, unedited recordings would be ample rebuttal to any charge of libel/slander.

IANAL either. But I think that legally it would be similar to taking a photograph. The copyright in the image belongs to the photographer, not the subject, but typically, if the photographer is going to publish the image, they would get a signed release from the subject that the image can be published, just to be safe. In this case, it is clear that Trump knew he was being recorded, and he knew that Woodward was going to publish these recordings in some form. So if there was no written agreement, I think all Trump can do is whine, which he does so well.
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Depends on any written agreement Trump can pull out showing he allowed the tapes only for transcription.

Which Trump I am absolutely sure does not have because if he did he'd have published it by now.

You sat down with a reporter, a reporter who started the interviews by saying "I am going to record this" which I am also absolutely sure Woodward not only did, but did on the tape because he has kind of learned that the hard way.

Any "legal" case here is gonna come down to the two constants of any Trump legal case, who has the most money to continue the case (The Jeff Bezos owned WaPo) and who is going to be believed ( :rotflmao: )

Yeah, this is about as valid a case as suing the Pulitzer Committee, only with Sidney Powell and Orly Taitz representing you.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

much ado wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:31 pm

IANAL either. But I think that legally it would be similar to taking a photograph. The copyright in the image belongs to the photographer, not the subject, but typically, if the photographer is going to publish the image, they would get a signed release from the subject that the image can be published, just to be safe. In this case, it is clear that Trump knew he was being recorded, and he knew that Woodward was going to publish these recordings in some form. So if there was no written agreement, I think all Trump can do is whine, which he does so well.
That's kind of what I thought. I do know that a photograph of a public figure can be published without that person's permission, especially in a news reporting situation. For Woodward to make these recordings available to the public is clearly a case of new reporting, as Woodward is very well established as a journalist and Trump is most definitely a public figure. To the extent that a recording of a public figure can be likened to a photograph, I doubt that TFG can do anything about it.
sugar magnolia

trump (the former guy)

Post by sugar magnolia »

This would be a Mike Dunford question, but alas, he has abandoned us here at the FB.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

I think Trump knew, at least initially, that Woodward was taping the interviews, at least Trump isn't claiming he recorded them surreptitiously.

But the only medium he thinks is real is the Tee Vee. He wouldn't pay any attention to a simple voice recorder, how is that thing going to show off his hairdo to best advantage?

It isn't, that's who. :whistle:

... and the only things he pays any attention to are the things he wants to be his reality, like "person, woman, man, camera, TV".

Did you see "voice recorder on that list? :nope:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:30 pm I think Trump knew, at least initially, that Woodward was taping the interviews, at least Trump isn't claiming he recorded them surreptitiously.
Yeah, he knew quite well. Trump is just dumb as f^^k. Do we need more evidence?

Woodward says he put the recorder on the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office and told Trump "it's all on the record..." Starting at 0:30 in this video:

Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

And that probably slowed TFG down for a minute before he started boasting to drown out the "Loser" voice in his head and he forgot it was on the record.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:56 pm This would be a Mike Dunford question, but alas, he has abandoned us here at the FB.
I never did get to drag Mike to the Embassy for a drink in our pub, either. He was still U.S.-bound due to the pandemic when I got here. I has a sad about that.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

trump (the former guy)

Post by bill_g »

Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:16 pm I am now completely convinced that he is trading Melania in on he newer model. Does he even know she is an attorney?
Does she know she's an attorney?
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

Some interesting parts of Kimmel with the Woodward tapes. Trump was asking Bob Woodward about how he should handle covid with a line item list. That's at about 2:04. Also there's a mike lindell bit about endorsing herschel walker at about 11:20
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

She doesn't say he is going to testify, she recommends that he do so. Totally different.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Trump attorney and newly promoted MAGA, Inc. chief Alina Habba says Trump will testify before the J6 Committee since he “has nothing to hide .. He has no issues being subpoenaed and answering questions about what happened that day.”
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Zach Montellaro @ZachMontellaro wrote: Trump's fundraising operation sent an email signed this morning by Blake Masters, the Arizona Republican Senate candidate. But the default split is ... absolutely brutal, with 99 percent of it going to Trump and 1 percent to Masters
Slim Cognito
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

🍭 sucker 🍭
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”