Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Andy Kim Deserves His Own Darn Thread

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I love this man. NJ-03 I want him to rule the world.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Go Andy!

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/and ... enate-bid/
Andy Kim closing in on humongous $1 million raised in first seven days of U.S. Senate bid
Democratic congressman is challenging indicted incumbent Bob Menendez
By David Wildstein, September 30 2023 5:23 pm

A fired-up Andy Kim is closing in on a massive $1 million haul in just one week, a gargantuan fundraising performance in his first week as a candidate for the U.S. Senate.

Kim announced last Saturday that he would challenge incumbent Bob Menendez in the Democratic Senate primary next year. His entrance into the race came one day after federal prosecutors unsealed a staggering indictment against Menendez.

“With the campaign only one week old, we’ve already surpassed $1M this quarter and close to $1M in just the last seven days,” Kim told the New Jersey Globe. “People here in New Jersey and all over the country are joining our effort to restore integrity in our politics.”

The three-term congressman and former Obama White House staffer still has more than six hours to raise money for the third quarter and expects more money to continue to come in. Detailed reports must be filed with the Federal Election Commission by October 15.

Over the last week, Kim has scored endorsements from Senate Majority Whip Troy Singleton (D-Delran) and Assembly Majority Whip Carol Murphy (D-Mount Laurel), the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers (IFPTE), and several national progressive groups.

Earlier today, the New Jersey Globe reported that while not making an official endorsement, U.S. Senator John Fetterman sent to donors seeking contributions for Kim.

Kim had nearly $900,000 cash-on-hand after the first half of 2023.

In his first three campaigns for New Jersey’s 3rd congressional district, Kim faced self-funding Republican opponents who forced him to build a sizable fundraising apparatus. Kim raised $6.4 million for his first campaign in 2018, $7.4 million for 2020, and $7.1 million for 2022; each time, he won by a larger margin than the election before.

Menendez has refused calls to resign and says he plans to seek re-election next year.

Tammy Murphy, the wife of Gov. Phil Murphy and a skilled fundraiser, is considering a Senate run. So are Reps. Frank Pallone, Jr. and Donald Norcross.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I saw his announcement posted by VoteVets. They showed the picture of him cleaning the Capitol floors after the rioters had left. The thought that went through my mind was "he represents the best of us."
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 1.31.55 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 1.31.55 PM.png (285.61 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Parenting done right! (And I mean that sincerely)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Current Politics”