Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Slim Cognito »

How profitable are Gab and Parler?
ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:57 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:56 pm What are the legal risks of a free-for-all? Isn't that what Gab and Parler are-anything goes cesspools?
Fiduciary duty to the other investors not to set the product on fire.
That's my assumption but the other investors must not care.
Suranis

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Suranis »

5,675 according to my calculator
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by RTH10260 »

Now make that Solomonic judgment to decide which partial employee out of the calculation may stay or get quartered on the way out ;)
MN-Skeptic

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I thought this was an excellent observation -

Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but my instinct is he should wait until he shows that he can complete the deal before he starts making personnel decisions at a company he doesn't yet own.

I have a feeling that he's going to walk away and console himself by feeling good about hurting Twitter as much as possible. Oh, 75% of their employees just censor Republicans.

But if I'm wrong, there will be a lot of opportunities for people to create a replacement app.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:57 am Yeah, but my instinct is he should wait until he shows that he can complete the deal before he starts making personnel decisions at a company he doesn't yet own.
Yeah pretty much. And that that he is just inflicting chaos/turmoil as he exits stage-left from his failed purchase.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:57 am Yeah, but my instinct is he should wait until he shows that he can complete the deal before he starts making personnel decisions at a company he doesn't yet own.

I have a feeling that he's going to walk away and console himself by feeling good about hurting Twitter as much as possible. Oh, 75% of their employees just censor Republicans.

But if I'm wrong, there will be a lot of opportunities for people to create a replacement app.
Truth Social will be a cheap buy, he will not even need the backing of financiers ... :twisted:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:41 pm

Truth Social will be a cheap buy, he will not even need the backing of financiers ... :twisted:
Pocket change? He could buy Truth Social with his pocket LINT at this point.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by raison de arizona »

Fasten yer seatbelts, folks!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by RVInit »

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
tek

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by tek »

Elon Musk notifies co-investors to prepare to fund his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter by Friday
New phone, who dis?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Slim Cognito »

tek wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:45 pm
Elon Musk notifies co-investors to prepare to fund his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter by Friday
New phone, who dis?
:lol:
ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Foggy »

If you have checked the Fogbow Calendar lately, you know that Friday is the deadline given by the judge to complete the deal, and if he doesn't, then trial begins on Monday (I think, not 100% on that). So he's under some pressure to get it done.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Dr. Caligari

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm If you have checked the Fogbow Calendar lately, you know that Friday is the deadline given by the judge to complete the deal, and if he doesn't, then trial begins on Monday (I think, not 100% on that). So he's under some pressure to get it done.
I think what the judge said was that, if the deal doesn't close by Friday, the judge will set a new trial date on Monday, for a trial starting in November.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
raison de arizona

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:19 am I thought this was an excellent observation -

Speak of the devil.
Meta and Google are snapping up Twitter employees as Elon Musk plays a game of will-he-won't-he with the company
  • Over 500 employees have left Twitter in the past 90 days amid the company's court battle with Elon Musk.
  • Many of the employees have moved to major tech companies like Google and Meta, LinkedIn data shows.
  • Musk has reportedly said he plans to lay off 75% of staff if he buys the company.
:snippity:
https://www.businessinsider.com/meta-go ... bo-2022-10
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Phoenix520 »

When I was suspended from twitter I was very aggrieved and wanted nothing but to get back on. No one told me all I had to do was create another account directly from my first one. It seemed like serendipity to make that discovery. I made another account… and now I don’t really care what happens to it. Isn’t that the way? You finally get what you want…when you no longer want it.

Like Facebook, I’ve drifted away. I check in once in a while, there are some really great people on twitter if you curate your feed right.

I’m TikTok now. After the last 6 years, laughter is what I need more than anything.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Ben-Prime »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:20 pm When I was suspended from twitter I was very aggrieved and wanted nothing but to get back on. No one told me all I had to do was create another account directly from my first one. It seemed like serendipity to make that discovery. I made another account… and now I don’t really care what happens to it. Isn’t that the way? You finally get what you want…when you no longer want it.

Like Facebook, I’ve drifted away. I check in once in a while, there are some really great people on twitter if you curate your feed right.

I’m TikTok now. After the last 6 years, laughter is what I need more than anything.
I created a Twitter account just to read the tweets to which people link here on TFB.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Suranis »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:16 am I created a Twitter account just to read the tweets to which people link here on TFB.
You don't need. to. All you have to do is remove the ? and everything after it from the link, and everything loads fine. All that stuff after it is telling Big Brother your information. Without it, the program cant tell if you are logged in or not so it cant lock you out.

Example from above. here is the long link which is a direct copy of that Tweet above

https://twitter.com/profgalloway/status ... _&ref_url=

Not logged in you will get that annoying log in screen after a bit of scrolling

Here is the trunkated link with the "?" and everything after it removed

https://twitter.com/profgalloway/status ... 9826486272

You get the tweet and everything after it with no problems, and can read the replies.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
tek

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by tek »

Musk also changed his Twitter profile to refer to himself as “Chief Twit.”
Finally, some self-awareness.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by jez »

So, let's say Elon gets his investors to cough up the money on Friday and they sign all the paperwork on Monday. When does he official take over? The next morning? 30 days?
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Suranis

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Suranis »

I shall magnanimously avoid the obvious comment. I might go for the second most obvious comment however, and replace the i in the second word with an a.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Good luck with that?

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”