trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Sam the Centipede

trump (the former guy)

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:44 pm The point of diminishing returns?
Trump spent 91 cents to raise every dollar, according to the latest filings with the Federal Election Commission.
Mmmm… but how many of those 91 cents went to Trump companies? Or went to non-Trump companies which then had to provide commission or obtain over-priced services from Trump companies?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think we have a winner.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

I would believe he didn't get a penny of the 91 cents, just because he's such a genius businessman.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
somerset

trump (the former guy)

Post by somerset »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:21 pm
Chilidog wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:44 pm The point of diminishing returns?
Trump spent 91 cents to raise every dollar, according to the latest filings with the Federal Election Commission.
Mmmm… but how many of those 91 cents went to Trump companies? Or went to non-Trump companies which then had to provide commission or obtain over-priced services from Trump companies?
Like Gregg says, probably none.

These mercenary fund-raising companies are sharks, and they're way tougher business people than tfg will ever hope to be. I expect he happily pockets his 9% yield, knowing he hasn't had to do anything to get it.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

Trump charged Secret Service ‘exorbitant’ rates at his hotels, records show
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... s-records/

Former president Donald Trump’s company charged the Secret Service as much as five times more than the government rate for agents to stay overnight at Trump hotels while protecting him and his family, according to expense records newly obtained by Congress.

The records show that in 40 cases the Trump Organization billed the Secret Service far higher amounts than the approved government rate — in one case charging agents $1,185 a night to stay at the Trump International Hotel in D.C.

The records contradict the repeated claim made by Eric Trump, the president’s son and the Trump Organization’s executive vice president, that the family’s company often gave the Secret Service agents the hotel rooms “at cost” or sometimes free.
As if we didn't already presumed this.
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

Of course, he did.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Back when he was just candidate Trump, he wanted to charge the SS so much to set up an office in Trump Tower, that they declined and set up an office in another nearby building. This is not optimal when seconds might make the difference in an attack on the protectee.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1 ... y-in-power
Trump 'wanted people to die' so he could invoke the Insurrection Act and stay in power

There is a reason, former Department of Homeland Security chief of staff Miles Taylor explains, why Trump did nothing on Jan. 6 to stop the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. The reason is simple: Trump gleefully watched the sordid events unfold on television while his aides panicked and pleaded with him fruitlessly to do something because he wanted people to die.

As Taylor points out, the more deaths that occurred (especially deaths to members of Congress) the better justification Trump would have for invoking the Insurrection Act, declaring martial law, and ultimately preventing the peaceful transfer of power.

From Matthew Chapman, reporting for Raw Story:

"It made my heart race to watch today's hearing, really, because they brought up Trump's mindset, and the question was, what was his mindset?" Taylor told anchor Nicolle Wallace. "I'm going to demystify that for America right now. I've spent time with the guy in the Oval Office, the White House situation room, and Air Force One. I'll tell you what his mindset was on January 6th."

"I believe Donald Trump wanted people to die," said Taylor. "He wanted people to die … who were elected officials, en masse, so he could call out the military, so he could invoke the Insurrection Act, so he could prevent the peaceful transfer of power. That's not a conspiracy theory. In fact, in hindsight, it's pretty damn clear to me this is what he had in mind from day one in office."

The news media long ago fell into the trap of portraying Donald Trump as some sort of gruff but still amusing blowhard, boorish but mesmerizingly larger than life, essentially an entertainer spewing riveting (if raw) verbiage tailor-made for media consumption. This was the image he cultivated on The Apprentice, and it’s the same image that got him elected. To this day, the media regard Trump more with fascination than the horrified repugnance he actually warrants.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

I think we largely have mass media to thank for his 2016 election. I was going to buy Maggie Habermann's new book, but IIRC, she was part of the problem.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Chilidog

trump (the former guy)

Post by Chilidog »

The records show that in 40 cases the Trump Organization billed the Secret Service far higher amounts than the approved government rate — in one case charging agents $1,185 a night to stay at the Trump International Hotel in D.C.
Melania's fee was built-in.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:47 pm I think we largely have mass media to thank for his 2016 election. I was going to buy Maggie Habermann's new book, but IIRC, she was part of the problem.
Hell, NPR was part of the problem. :cussing:

Especially once it was obvious he was going to win the nomination, they treated him like he was a legitimate candidate for president, instead of telling the truth about him. I will never listen to NPR again. :nope:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

They're still doing it.

Was listening to some show on MSNBC--in the morning or early afternoon--and some jocular male reporter began his appearance by saying, "Remember when people used to laugh at TFG for the crazy things he said?"

Yes, I remember that well. I remember thinking, "you idiot journalists, you are going to stand there laughing while the country is destroyed and you refuse to report on the greatest story of our times." Because it wasn't "us" doing the laughing; it was the journalists. They thought it was all funny, because they are largely arrogant, uneducated in history, and unaware of their responsibility to the nation.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Chris Christie says Trump kept classified documents as a ‘trophy’

Julia Mueller
Sun, October 16, 2022 at 7:11 PM

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Sunday said former President Trump kept classified documents “as a trophy” in regards to an FBI search of Mar-a-Lago where authorities seized troves of White House materials with various classified markings.

“He wanted to keep these documents as a trophy. That’s what they were, more than anything,” Christie, and ABC News contributor and former Trump adviser, said on “This Week,” referring to over 100 classified documents and dozens of empty folders labeled classified found at Trump’s property.

Christie dismissed the suggestion that Trump kept the documents in his possession for leverage.

“I think it’s much more likely they’re a trophy that he walks around and says, ‘Look, I’ve got this. I’ve got this classified document or that,’ because remember something, he can’t believe he’s not president,” Christie said.

“He can’t believe he still doesn’t get these documents, and he needs to display to everybody down at Mar-a-Lago or up in Bedminster during the summer he still has some of those trappings. The replica Resolute Desk in Mar-a-Lago and all the rest of those things are things that are assuaging, you know, his disappointment and his disbelief that he’s not the president anymore.”

https://news.yahoo.com/chris-christie-s ... 45641.html
(original TheHill)
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

Why can't there be more than one reason?
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:38 pm Why can't there be more than one reason?
Yes, for the prestige and why not raise cash while sowing chaos?
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

So he was showing classified documents to guests at MAL? How is that better chris christie?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
tek

trump (the former guy)

Post by tek »

I think it’s much more likely they’re a trophy that he walks around and says, ‘Look, I’ve got this. I’ve got this classified document or that,’
"Yes Mr President, eez much interest document. Please to look more closely? May I take picture of you with it?"
Azastan
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Azastan »

...up in Bedminster during the summer he still has some of those trappings.
Sounds like a possible justification for a search warrant.
Foggy
Dick Tater

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

If Christie saw documents in Bedminster, he should contact the FBI.

If he's just blabberin', then no, blabberin' is not grounds for a search warrant. This is a good thing, when some idjit starts blabberin' about you.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

trump (the former guy)

Post by bill_g »

Sounds like Christie is closing another bridge, or maybe burning one down.
Foggy
Dick Tater

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, well, that's the Trump Effect. Every single politician in this great land of ours, if'n they want to run as Republicans, has to make a big decision - Trump or Not?

If you choose Trump, you must abandon reality and become a whacko bird, or you'll be kicked out very quickly.

If you choose Not, the whacko birds are coming after you, with violence pre-approved by the Great and Powerful Wizard.

And this means there are two Republican parties now. :mrgreen:
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:04 am Yeah, well, that's the Trump Effect. Every single politician in this great land of ours, if'n they want to run as Republicans, has to make a big decision - Trump or Not?

If you choose Trump, you must abandon reality and become a whacko bird, or you'll be kicked out very quickly.

If you choose Not, the whacko birds are coming after you, with violence pre-approved by the Great and Powerful Wizard.

And this means there are two Republican parties now. :mrgreen:
Yup :mrgreen:

ETA: Should this be a meme that Democrats push now? "Conservatives listen up!! There are two Republican parties now. Which one do you belong to?"

You know, just to push things along a bit.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm certain I've seen this one before, but it is making the rounds again, so...
Poppy 💫🇦🇺☮🌏🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊💉💉💉💉 @Trevor_Allan_1 wrote: LOL! Trumpers are sharing this photo all over Facebook — without realizing that it's Charles Manson…
https://twitter.com/Trevor_Allan_1/stat ... 9178032128
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:47 pm I'm certain I've seen this one before, but it is making the rounds again, so...
Poppy 💫🇦🇺☮🌏🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊💉💉💉💉 @Trevor_Allan_1 wrote: LOL! Trumpers are sharing this photo all over Facebook — without realizing that it's Charles Manson…
https://twitter.com/Trevor_Allan_1/stat ... 9178032128
What makes you think that they don't realize it?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”