have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
MN-Skeptic

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My local health care provider hasn't added age 65+ to their list yet. You have to be 75.

There are Walmarts, Sam's Clubs, and Hy-Vees which supposedly are doing vaccinations in this area so I check their sites a few times during the day, still haven't found any open appointments.

There are drug stores more than 2 hours from the Cities which have had vaccines available but I'm not that desperate yet. I'll let the locals there snag those appointments.

I'm really hoping that something becomes available in the next 4 weeks. I canceled my dental checkup for next week just because I am super cautious now that the vaccines are so close to being available.

Something my sweetie used to say: "If need be, I can stand on my head for a year." That's been my mantra for the past 12 months. It's getting old, but the end is in sight and I can isolate so much easier than so many other people so I am fortunate. But like everyone, I'm getting tired of this. I really want to visit relatives! Live. Not Zoom.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I will be 64 this year with no pertinent pre-existing conditions so I don’t qualify on anyone’s list, but Mr.D has had both his shots.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 pm I will be 64 this year with no pertinent pre-existing conditions so I don’t qualify on anyone’s list, but Mr.D has had both his shots.
I feel this roll out should have been, when it comes to married couples, both as one at the same time ..

One spouse can go about their daily affairs ... the other has to stay sheltered in place?

Bad execution of plan. Or the plan was just bad. Either.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I'm not eligible in my state yet. My daughter advised me on how to jump the line. I won't do that because I'm not an asshole (Mrs. Reeve probably disagrees).
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

neonzx wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 am
MsDaisy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 pm I will be 64 this year with no pertinent pre-existing conditions so I don’t qualify on anyone’s list, but Mr.D has had both his shots.
I feel this roll out should have been, when it comes to married couples, both as one at the same time ..

One spouse can go about their daily affairs ... the other has to stay sheltered in place?

It's a real pickle. As in people who care for their elderly parents or disabled family members yet do not qualify as health care workers.

Well get there though. Poco o poco.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm still working on getting the vaccine. I am considered to be an essential worker, but I have a history of anaphylaxis and two adverse reactions from vaccines. I have to be in a hospital to have it. That might happen after the age restriction drops to 65 and lower.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

neonzx wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 am

I have to agree--my age makes me qualified, and I do have compromised lungs due to a bout with pneumonia long ago. But my husband, an essential worker, is one year too young, even though he has medical issues which should get him vaccinated. I got the vaccine mostly because he was worried about ME getting it from HIM. He had been working in an office which had 32 active cases (fortunately, all after he escaped from there) because the managers were lax about employees wearing masks.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Liz wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:26 pm
Lonely.
He disappeared from his Home Site place of origin for nearly a year and returned a couple months before the election.
He continually posts without getting any support from the handful of minions he had before his absence. Other members there have him figured out (he just a troll) and there is no point in replying to his inane posting ... his last 20 posts have not been replied to. No doubt the reason he tried to sneak one by you.
:snip:
Wow, is is a pathetic, lonely, racist, loser of a troll. In the post he tried to sneak through on my blog he called the Vice President "Heels up Harris".
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Indiana just opened up for 60 and above this week and my wife and sister-in-law managed to get their first shot (Moderna) yesterday with the second already scheduled for 4 weeks out. I'm just under the threshold so I have to wait for the next round.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
slq

Post by slq »

I just checked again, and my state won't even tell me what phase I'm in -- only that I'm not yet eligible. Way down on the list. Likely summer or later.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Interesting thing about the vaccine. I got mine today because of being in the right place at the right time.

Went to the doctor (well, nurse practioner; Cheryl is fabulous) to get a small bulge near my belly button checked out (basically my innie is becoming an outie). Yup, have a hernia starting. My dad had one in the same spot as well. She gave me a referral to a surgeon. Then when I was getting all my stuff together to leave, she popped her head back in and asked if I'd had the vaccine yet. Said no. She asked if I wanted it. Said yes.

Seems they had an extra dose that if they didn't stick into an arm by 5pm, it would have to be destroyed. This was at about 4pm. So, got my first shot today (Moderna shot) and get the second one on March 28th.

So, even though I'm not in any of the target groups, I got my vaccine by happenstance.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
tencats

Post by tencats »

Moderna Jan 17 and Feb 11 at VA Medical Center.
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

My second dose was a month ago. Going to work is not a stressful as it was for the previous nine months. Robust immune response with the first dose and just a sore arm for the second. I was given Pfizer.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:D
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

I'm 44 and a smoker, so I'll probably get mine sometime in 2032, but since for some strange reason smokers aren't coming down with COVID, I'm cool with it. :D
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 pm I'm 44 and a smoker, so I'll probably get mine sometime in 2032, but since for some strange reason smokers aren't coming down with COVID, I'm cool with it. :D
In PA, being 44 and a smoker would have you in line right now.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Our doctor said after he got his 2nd dose, he felt a little cocky and then settled back down.

We just want to go eat IN a place and not bring it home or have it delivered
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sad-cafe wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:17 pm Our doctor said after he got his 2nd dose, he felt a little cocky and then settled back down.

We just want to go eat IN a place and not bring it home or have it delivered
Boy, do I get that. We ate out, literally most of the time outside, last summer for a bit. I miss it so much. With the weather and a few other things, we didn't even order food in for the last three weeks. I got so sick of cooking, which, generally, I enjoy. Did Mexican pickup on Monday and thought I'd gone to heaven. I've had my first shot, but not the hubby, so eating IN a restaurant is not in the cards yet.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday. Ages 65+ started last week and I was able to get an appointment just 5 miles away at a high school gym in North Las Vegas. The process was quite smooth, no lines and lots of helpful people, including the national guard. The nice man who gave me the shot was an EMT from Maryland who volunteered to help out. He's really been enjoying our weather.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 pm I'm 44 and a smoker, so I'll probably get mine sometime in 2032, but since for some strange reason smokers aren't coming down with COVID, I'm cool with it. :D
Smoking gets you bumped up to 1B Tier 2 in Alaska.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

On the bright side, my first Pfizer stick did not result in me getting Guillain-Barré again. Tomorrow will be a week. Fingers crossed. :D
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:03 am On the bright side, my first Pfizer stick did not result in me getting Guillain-Barré again. Tomorrow will be a week. Fingers crossed. :D
052FD1D8-7B62-45B7-AD19-9A2E9B1AE029.jpeg
052FD1D8-7B62-45B7-AD19-9A2E9B1AE029.jpeg (213.64 KiB) Viewed 4185 times
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:03 am On the bright side, my first Pfizer stick did not result in me getting Guillain-Barré again. Tomorrow will be a week. Fingers crossed. :D
So that's why the Fogbow went down!! Your vaccination!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Got my poke an hour ago. It's painless when a friendly nurse does the job. Second shot is scheduled for 26 March. Same time. Same station.
Largo al factotum.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Two questions for those of you who have had the vaccine:

Did you do the follow-up with the CDC?

I signed up, was contacted through an app every day for the first week, now once a week.

Did anybody else get a bull's eye band aid?

It was put on before the injection, and then the pharmacist put the needle in the middle of the band aid where it was a clear substance. I assumed it was some sort of standard for this particular vaccine, then realized I've probably seen dozens of people get poked the normal way on TV, so that couldn't be it. I finally saw someone getting a shot through it, but only once. I'm just curious. Bull's eye is my term for it.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”