Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

▼▲ Formerly Fogbow - the old forum, reborn

You never know, something important could happen.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: ▼▲ Formerly Fogbow - the old forum, reborn

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks, Foggy!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I could have sworn that I logged into the old forum when you restored it. I imagine that would be necessary to read the posts which had the members only tags. But I tried to log in to the old forum tonight, though, and it doesn't like my password, I guess. That sucks if it means member only posts are now hidden from me.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, I will look at it today.
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Yup, when Fogbow 1.0 first came up, was able to log in with my username and password (same as Fogbow 2.0, never changed it). But like a few days later, it wouldn't allow a login any more.

Knew Foggy was busy with his pal Amy Kremer and watching all nine Freddy Kruger Nightmare on Elm Street films, along with the 61 episodes of Mama June: From Not To Hot, 92 episodes of Love After Lockup, 350 episodes of Love Island (including the 60 of Love Island Australia), and 10 episodes of Super Sized Salon, so wanted him and Wifehorn to have time to get through those outstanding television programs first*.

* Or move his kids into college, forget which.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Step 1, make a backup of the database (**crosses fingers**) ... done.

Step 2, try to use phpMyAdmin to repair the tables in the database (**crosses fingers**) ... failed.

Yes, it failed. And caused some kind of problem with my database, I can still see the site but I'm going to need tech support to get me through this one. If I can show them what happens, maybe they can help solve the problem.

I'll work on it some more tomorrow.
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah today I fell off my bicycle and smacked my hip on the concrete driveway and can't sit up in a chair in front of my computer to work on it. But just a bruise: It's black, it's blue, but no blood and no permanent damage. As y'all can see, I can lie on a reading pillow and use my tablet, but that's not my best and fastest machine. It's, umm ... no fun climbing stairs. :(

Gimme a couple days, I won't forget.
Edit: Yes, mom, I was wearing a helmet.

Ol' Wifehorn: You should have worn a helmet on your butt. :batting:

Or the future.
realist

Post by realist »

Just FWIW, I have had zero problem with accessing/reading the old forum. I signed in with my name and password I used then and now and it has worked perfectly since, even if/when I have to re-sign in.

Just sayin'.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That's interesting, Realist. Can see the messages and topics, but not the member's only content (which includes a lot of photos). It gives me "invalid password" when trying to log in. There's still a gold mine of content and super grateful we have it, it's been awesome to refer back to!! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your combat injury, Foggy! Sounds like an IDEAL time to watch all nine Freddy Kruger Nightmare on Elm Street films along with the 61 episodes of Mama June: From Not To Hot, 92 episodes of Love After Lockup, 350 (!) episodes of Love Island (including the 60 of Love Island Australia), and 10 episodes of Super Sized Salon. Love Island will require a serious time commitment to catch up. As you know, it began as a UK reality show in 2015 and was so successful it was picked up for the USA. Need any more teevee recommendations?

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Ok, I did some troubleshooting.

I brought up the old website on my iPad. It showed me still logged in.

So I went to my Windows 8.1 laptop and brought up the old Fogbow in Firefox, the browser I usually use. It would not allow me to log in.

So I tried the Microsoft Edge browser. I had no problem logging into the old Fogbow.

Finally, the Chrome browser. Again, no problem logging into the old Fogbow.

:shrug:

:crazy:

So right now it's only Firefox on Windows 8.1 which has problems.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

And further puzzling... I usually use my Windows 8.1 laptop, not my Windows 10 laptop. So I started my Windows 10 laptop, loaded Firefox, and - voila - I could log into the old Fogbow on that laptop.

So the only problem is with Windows 8.1 using Firefox.

So it's not a problem with Foggy's database. It is accessible with the right operating system and browser.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:42 pm And further puzzling... I usually use my Windows 8.1 laptop, not my Windows 10 laptop. So I started my Windows 10 laptop, loaded Firefox, and - voila - I could log into the old Fogbow on that laptop.

So the only problem is with Windows 8.1 using Firefox.

So it's not a problem with Foggy's database. It is accessible with the right operating system and browser.
I am on Win 11 (home edition) and can log in on Firefox.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I started Firefox in safe mode on my Windows 8.1 laptop, i.e., I held down this shift key as I started it. The prevents any extensions from running to help you troubleshoot. I still could not log into old Fogbow. So it's not an extension causing issues.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Well, everybody knows the rule, which is, if it's happening to everyone I will work on it until it's fixed, but if it's just happening to you then I have to come over to your house to fix it.

And it's now late September, I dunno if I even want to go to Minnesota anyway until next spring. :lol:

Or the future.
realist

Post by realist »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:34 pm Ok, I did some troubleshooting.

So I went to my Windows 8.1 laptop and brought up the old Fogbow in Firefox, the browser I usually use. It would not allow me to log in.

So I tried the Microsoft Edge browser. I had no problem logging into the old Fogbow.

And I use Firefox with no problems. :think:
Image X 4
Image X 32
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Chrome on MacOS: nope
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

realist wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:07 am

I can log into old Fogbow with Firefox on my Windows 10 laptop, but not on my Windows 8.1 laptop. What version of Windows are you running?
realist

Post by realist »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:46 am
realist wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:07 am

I can log into old Fogbow with Firefox on my Windows 10 laptop, but not on my Windows 8.1 laptop. What version of Windows are you running?
Image X 4
Image X 32
Luke

Post by Luke »

Realist is magical, just THINKING of him made it work! Imagine if Realist THINKS about declassifying documents :P

Using Win10 on a laptop, both Chrome and Firefox wouldn't allow login with UN/PW on Fogbow 1.0. But was playing around with the Brave Browser, had been hearing good things about it being 3x faster than Chrome and that it has adblock and tracking block tools built in. With Brave it works! So if anybody's having the same issue, try Brave https://brave.com/. It also is indeed faster so far (still testing). It's still strange since on Chrome it did work until it didn't, but it was fine just having the archive. But being able to have the member's content with images and stuff is terrific.

Thank you again Foggy for bringing this back!

Foggy.JPG
Foggy.JPG (49.28 KiB) Viewed 2625 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Link to the old forum added to the Board Index page, in the Welcome section.

Also re-created the usergroups Gadflies, Grumpy People, and Ladies in Pink. These are just for fun, there are no changes except your name color. Join and be colorful!

Or the future.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:46 am Link to the old forum added to the Board Index page, in the Welcome section.

Also re-created the usergroups Gadflies, Grumpy People, and Ladies in Pink. These are just for fun, there are no changes except your name color. Join and be colorful!
No Badass Ladies? I really identified with that group.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Oh, yes! Or Badass Women for the days I have energy!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Badass Ladies added.

Or the future.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

:thumbsup: on the link.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

For me that database represents a lot of good times and a lot of Bad times. I really feel like a Cassandra or an Alien in this world. Perpetually not a part of it, despised when I try and speak up about it.

Oh well, c'est la vie.
Hic sunt dracones
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I happen to run across a nice purple tee shirt with yellow lettering today when packing for a trip. It was from the Fogbow Myrtle Beach Meetup that was held 10 years ago last week. I was flabbergasted it had been 10 years since we had that wonderful few days.

Return to “Announcements”