Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by RTH10260 »

:explode:
Justice Dept. Is Said to Believe Trump Has More Documents
Conversations between department officials and the former president’s representatives have underscored investigators’ skepticism about his cooperation and exposed a rift among his lawyers.

By Michael S. Schmidt, Maggie Haberman and Katie Benner
Oct. 6, 2022 Updated 8:16 p.m. ET

A top Justice Department official told former President Donald J. Trump’s lawyers in recent weeks that the department believed he had not returned all the documents he took when he left the White House, according to two people briefed on the matter.

The outreach from the official, Jay I. Bratt, who leads the department’s counterintelligence operations, is the most concrete indication yet that investigators remain skeptical that Mr. Trump has been fully cooperative in their efforts to recover documents the former president was supposed to have turned over to the National Archives at the end of his term.

It is not clear what steps the Justice Department might take to retrieve any material it thinks Mr. Trump still holds.

And it is not known whether the Justice Department has gathered new evidence that Mr. Trump has held onto government material even after the court-authorized search in August of his private club and residence in Florida, Mar-a-Lago, and 18 months of previous efforts by the federal government to convince the former president to return what he had taken on leaving office.

The Justice Department declined to comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/06/us/p ... wyers.html
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

it seems to me that the empty folders would have been the easiest and the fastest things to collect fingerprints from.

i’m also thinking that the above is a well placed, "shot across the bow.”

maybe I'm reading too much into this... But somehow, I don't think so.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I refuse to believe there is no index or inventory of what is missing.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Yeah, that too.

I'm curious if there are unique serisl numbers asigned to the cover folders as well.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Gregg wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:44 am I refuse to believe there is no index or inventory of what is missing.
Yeah, me too. You’d think that for highly classified documents someone would be keeping track of the copies released and their disposition. It would make no sense not to. I think the DOJ knows a great deal about what is missing. I also would not be surprised if the CIA had information about how some of these documents might have been used.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

There are some who have speculated that some documents were burried in Ivana's casket.

I don't believe that. It would be too hard to retrieve them. I think thatsxwhere Trump stashed the Hold Bullion that the Saudis paid him.

It's late and I'm still awake......

What if Trump is just a useful idiot and Jared sold the documents to the Saudis?

Jared does seem to be Cassius to Trump's Julius'Caesar.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Tsk!
Chilidog wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:11 am What if Trump is just a useful :fingerwag: that'a disturbing accusation! idiot and Jared sold the documents to the Saudis?

Jared does seem to be Cassius Mo to Trump's Julius Caesar Curly.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:44 am I refuse to believe there is no index or inventory of what is missing.
I can believe that the inventory system is so difficult to work with and disorganized that no one is actually sure. A lot of these systems are great at having data entered into them but are a nightmare to actually search and extract from.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

neeneko wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:18 am I can believe that the inventory system is so difficult to work with and disorganized that no one is actually sure. A lot of these systems are great at having data entered into them but are a nightmare to actually search and extract from.
Also, what about documents so secret only about 5 people even have clearance to know about? It might be difficult for prosecutors in the DOJ to know exactly what's missing.

However, I agree with Gregg, and that's why paralegals exist in gigantic law firms (like, for example, the DOJ) - they create inventories of documents, they use OCR to upload the text of every document, they make every word in the database searchable, and so forth. Then they think up more useful stuff to do, and they do that.

Never never never underestimate the DOJ in this case.

Or as they would say in the original Ghostbusters: Get 'em, Ray. :boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I think in an ordinary law-abiding world, there would be. But in a rules-don’t-apply-to-us administration where strict compliance is considered weak and sycophancy is rewarded, I can easily see logging and inventorying falling by the wayside.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Nevertheless.....

There was a Facility Security Officer for the White House office during the apricot Pol Pot's regime

Who was that person?

They DO have a SCIF in the White House, do they not?

Who was in charge of that?

Edit

Oh, nevermind. It was apparently this clown.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Schiller
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

On Dec. 30, 2020, DOJ delivered a binder filled w/ internal notes, memos, emails & other records. The WH was unsure of what should be disclosed, so asked a group of Republican staffers on the House Intel Cmte to make recs.Story w/ ⁦⁦
@MLevineReports
Do read, a lot to absorb there.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:14 am
On Dec. 30, 2020, DOJ delivered a binder filled w/ internal notes, memos, emails & other records. The WH was unsure of what should be disclosed, so asked a group of Republican staffers on the House Intel Cmte to make recs.Story w/ ⁦⁦
@MLevineReports
So we can add John Solomon to the list of co-conspirators to the Obstruction charges.

Kool! :thumbsup: :pirate: :rockon:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:44 am
Kendra wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:14 am https:// twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1578350879031365632
@MLevineReports
So we can add John Solomon to the list of co-conspirators to the Obstruction charges.

Kool! :thumbsup: :pirate: :rockon:
Yeah, they all seem to be linked in with this.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:15 am tweet about Trump v. CNN
I'm going to move this post because it's about Trump v. CNN, not the documents theft case, but do we even have a thread for the Trump v. CNN case? I mean, I expect it to be dismissed as soon as the court decides to do anything with it, but I don't know where to put MN-Skeptic's post. :shrug:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Brandon Van Grack
@BVanGrack
It looks like out of the original 54 potentially privileged docs flagged by the Filter Team, only 10 are in dispute (most are simply being returned to FPOTUS).

Hugo Lowell
@hugolowell
New: Special Master Dearie directs DOJ privilege team to make available to the criminal investigation initial set of documents by Oct. 10 and then for Trump and DOJ to confer on potential executive privilege issues by Oct.
Link to Judge Dearie's order: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .138.0.pdf

From the order:
Finally, seeing no reason to insert the Special Master or the Court into the chain of custody, the Privilege Review Team is directed to maintain a control copy of the Filter B Materials, as it has throughout this litigation.
Not a big deal, but that phrase reflects that Dearie is a very experienced judge.
Edit: On reflection, I think that the phrase also reflects that Dearie is acutely aware of the extent to which Judge Cannon is trampling on the DOJ's investigation in an inappropriate and highly unusual manner
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:23 pm
I'm going to move this post because it's about Trump v. CNN, not the documents theft case, but do we even have a thread for the Trump v. CNN case? I mean, I expect it to be dismissed as soon as the court decides to do anything with it, but I don't know where to put MN-Skeptic's post. :shrug:

I think I saw a thread here when the news broke but :oldlady:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:47 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:23 pm

I think I saw a thread here when the news broke but :oldlady:
viewtopic.php?p=140887
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Cool! Thanks, raison.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

So, I haz questions about all this hoopla surrounding the Orange Jesus.

When his lawyers file peripheral thingys with various courts on divers matters, including the recent CNN suit, is this information considered public information for the purposes of being able to be used in other legal matters? In other words, can the DOJ or another agency use some of what is filed in unrelated cases as evidence in their case?

Can the lawyers who draft these legal thingys be called to testify about their writings and assertions, claims, and other positions that are clearly spelled out without violating privilege?

Let's assume that he is charged only with obstruction. Never mind the classified information jazz. Can some of his paperwork filed with Loose Cannon or the Supremes regarding the files and other NARA requests be used in the obstruction case as evidence, and can the DOJ call Trusty, Kice, and others to testify about what they put on the paperwork and why (without divulging what tfg told them in confidence that did not make it into the paperwork)? Can they be asked what their legal advice was and whether or not tfg followed it?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

First question: maybe. That's likely to fall under judicial notice, but the judge has discretion on whether to take judicial notice.

The rest: no. That's squarely attorney-client privilege.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Trump’s papers in other litigation are party admissions, and thus are not hearsay. Fed. R. Evid. 801(d)(2). The court would still have discretion to determine whether they are relevant and whether their value as evidence is outweighed by unfair prejudice, confusion, etc.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A Quick Guide to Trump's current court cases...

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”