2022 Georgia Senate Race

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by raison de arizona »

Predictable.
Walker’s Christian fans unfazed by abortion revelations
The anti-abortion GOP Senate nominee's supporters say they care more about his policies than about his behavior.

Pastor Anthony George didn’t set out to be a defender of Herschel Walker.

But as the prominent Baptist minister welcomed Walker into his church this week for a scheduled prayer event with faith leaders, George found himself making the Christian case for supporting a candidate whose Senate campaign has been marred by personal scandal.

What matters most, he said, is what Walker is promising to do once he’s elected.

“I think that any Christian who engages in the political process — and especially someone who’s a pastor — you’re always going to be confronted with someone that is either less than ideal, or something that flat-out contradicts what you believe in,” George said in an interview.
:snippity:
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/0 ... s-00060589
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:01 am Working for the Walker campaign must be really exciting!
You can add daily new women to the folder ;)
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Ben-Prime »

I mean, I love that all these people somehow trust Walker to do what he says he's going to do once elected despite the fact that he's a multiply proven liar whose primary defense is possible brain damage.

Yet they somehow believe that he's going to be more trustworthy tomorrow on promises he makes today than he was yesteryear on promises he made the year before. Or something.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Reporter: The Lt Gov said the only reason you’re the nominee is because you scored a bunch of touchdowns Walker: Who was it
Reporter: Duncan
Walker: Oh, what is he doing now?
Reporter: He’s the Lt. Gov.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gupwalla

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Gupwalla »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:11 pm Heard a lot about Walker on talk radio this morning. Basically, all the rwnj talking heads were saying that Walker can still easily take this, and he needs to lean into being a sinner that is forgiven, while Warnock is still out there sinning.
Walker is not some new convert who suddenly found Jesus and redeemed all his past sins and now lives a changed and blameless life.

He has been held up as a paragon of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes for decades - since at least the early 90s - and he was on the fundie lecture circuit during the same years he was impregnating more women than he can even remember.
raison de arizona

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Gupwalla wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:38 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:11 pm Heard a lot about Walker on talk radio this morning. Basically, all the rwnj talking heads were saying that Walker can still easily take this, and he needs to lean into being a sinner that is forgiven, while Warnock is still out there sinning.
Walker is not some new convert who suddenly found Jesus and redeemed all his past sins and now lives a changed and blameless life.

He has been held up as a paragon of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes for decades - since at least the early 90s - and he was on the fundie lecture circuit during the same years he was impregnating more women than he can even remember.
I hear ya!
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: “Herschel Walker is a man who, when he gave his life to Jesus Christ, became a sinner saved by grace. He admits he was never a Boy Scout. But when you give your life to Jesus, he forgives you of your past. It’s washed away. Members of the liberal media can’t grasp that concept.”
RTH10260

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:40 pm
Gupwalla wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:38 pm

I hear ya!
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 5170371586
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: “Herschel Walker is a man who, when he gave his life to Jesus Christ, became a sinner saved by grace. He admits he was never a Boy Scout. But when you give your life to Jesus, he forgives you of your past. It’s washed away. Members of the liberal media can’t grasp that concept.”
I see "the past", so it's wash, rinse all over, perpetually for this type of xian. :brickwallsmall:
pipistrelle

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by pipistrelle »

I recall a "sin no more" bit.
much ado

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by much ado »

I thought there was something about confessing your sins?
Suranis

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:41 pm I recall a "sin no more" bit.
much ado wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:41 pm I thought there was something about confessing your sins?
Stop being so Roman Catholic. :nope:

Being serious, this horseshit gets right up my nose on a many different levels. Redemption requires the active participation of the redeemed. You cant just say "Oh I'm forgiven! I have Faith!" and keep doing the same shit. To be truly remorseful requires a change of heart and change of behavior. You have to SHOW you are sorry.

But, again, that's me being me.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Walker and Trump are just two prime examples of shysters spewing out what Evangelists want to hear in order to achieve their own personal goals - getting hired to make speeches, getting votes from easily fooled Christians, etc. I can't imagine that either one would pass a basic Christian quiz, the kind of questions any seventh grade Sunday School student would have no problem with.
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

2022 Georgia Senate Race

I haven't verified this.
TruthBeTold @LehmkuhlRande wrote: Home Depot has donated more than $1 million to Hershel Walker's campaign. RT if you will join me in boycotting HD.
ETA: I did a little research on this, it appears that HD didn't donate, but HD's founder has. Apparently. Open to more info.
tek

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by tek »

We're told the connection to the company likely came out because Home Depot's co-founder, Bernie Marcus, did donate to Walker's campaign. The company rep points out Marcus left the company more than 2 decades ago, adding "his views do not represent the company."
https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/07/home-dep ... n-boycott/
raison de arizona

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Home Depot's contributions...
Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 12.59.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 12.59.55 PM.png (79.49 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

RTH10260

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by RTH10260 »

more to above, nothing essentially new, just a detail about the lady who did decide to keep the baby
Herschel Walker Urged Woman to Have a 2nd Abortion, She Says
The Georgia Senate candidate’s ex-girlfriend says he wanted her to terminate a pregnancy in 2011. She chose to have their son instead.

By Maya King, Lisa Lerer and Jonah E. Bromwich
Oct. 7, 2022 Updated 6:16 p.m. ET

ATLANTA — A woman who has said Herschel Walker, the Republican Senate nominee in Georgia, paid for her abortion in 2009 told The New York Times that he urged her to terminate a second pregnancy two years later. They ended their relationship after she refused.

In a series of interviews, the woman said Mr. Walker had barely been involved in their now 10-year-old son’s life, offering little more than court-ordered child support and occasional gifts.

The woman disclosed the new details about her relationship with Mr. Walker, who has anchored his campaign on an appeal to social conservatives as an unwavering opponent of abortion even in cases of rape and incest, after the former football star publicly denied that he knew her. He called her “some alleged woman” in a radio interview on Thursday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/07/us/p ... rtion.html
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

This has gone from "never heard of this some alleged woman" to "failing NY Times confirms he is sending her court-ordered child support of $3,500/month for his ten year old son".

Which is nice of him to pay so regularly.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
MN-Skeptic

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by MN-Skeptic »

So… how many other women out there have had an abortion at Walker’s urging? How many has he paid for? Will any other women come forward now?
Phoenix520
Verified:

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Phoenix520 »

Enquiring minds…don’t want to know. I’ve seen more than enough of Walker.
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://popular.info/p/who-is-really-financing-herschel
Who is really financing Herschel Walker's campaign?

The biggest spender in support of Walker is not the NRSC, 34N22, or even Walker's campaign itself. It is the Senate Leadership Fund (SLF), the Super PAC controlled by McConnell. Walker's campaign, in total, has raised about $20 million. The SLF has already booked $37.1 million in TV ads in support of Walker. This doesn't count the millions more that SLF has spent online.

So if you want to know the biggest supporters of Walker, you need to look at some of the biggest donors to SLF:

$10,000,000: Private equity billionaire Stephen A. Schwarzman, a longtime friend and advisor to Trump. Schwarzman once compared Obama's effort to eliminate tax loopholes for private equity managers to Hilter's invasion of Poland.

The largest donor to the SLF, however, is One Nation, a non-profit run by the leadership of SLF. Thus far, One Nation has donated $33.5 million to the SLF. (One Nation has also run millions in TV and online ads supporting Walker itself.) But donors to One Nation are kept secret. That means many of the largest supporters of the SLF — and, therefore, the Walker campaign — are unknown.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

Gupwalla

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Gupwalla »

So Walker decided to tell a story about a non-monogamous bull who abandoned his small herd of baby-mamas for an undesired homosexual orgy? That’s his closer? Someone on his professionally funded campaign staff said OK to that?

Moral of the story: Stick with what you have. Vote Warnock!

On the maybe-plus side, Mitch McConnell said (in almost as many words) that he’s prepared to ride those sunk costs all the way down to Titanic level. In for a penny, in for $36 million I guess.

On the definitely-plus side, if Cotton has any future national ambitions, Dems already have the oppo ad lined up.

Return to “U.S. Senate”