Happy New Year 2022

MN-Skeptic

Re: Happy New Year 2022

Post by MN-Skeptic »

After staying home last year, it was wonderful to once again spend New Year's Eve with my brother's family. I made a seafood casserole and crab cakes for supper and we watched a movie in the evening - The Accountant. This has been a tradition for decades, but it's fun to see how things have changed over the years. When the girls were young, we watched movies like Finding Nemo and Monsters, Inc. A few years ago we watched Hidden Figures. This year the three older daughters (ages 22-26) were out with friends and the 18-year old was napping, so it was only us adults watching the movie.

For dinner today there were 11 of us at the table. I know that not everyone is vaccinated, but I did a BinaxNOW test before I went down yesterday, and I haven't been around a lot of folks, so I don't think I could infect them.

In the afternoon all seven of us siblings did a Zoom meeting so that was special. Oh... and I have a niece whose due date is Jan 4. Woo-hoo! I'm so excited for them. I can hardly wait.

Happy New Year to all!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

TBH, I don't know if I'm emotionally ready for 2022. I mean, this year could get downright ugly.

Uglier than 2021, even. :blackeye:

More will be revealed ... I reckon ... :shrug:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Now that 2022 is here, remember to move the antenna before moving (or removing) the goalposts.
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

How to install an antenna.

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Late to the party (as usual). Happy New Year, everyone! My husband went to bed early. I stayed up because I’m a night owl. I was surprised to see an actual professional fireworks display off in the distance in the Town of Luray - I was able to watch it with my telescope.

Meanwhile, Stormy sends her wishes for a Happy New Year after a few days of partying…
► Show Spoiler
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:

We decided we’d go with NY time as well. Mr520 is an early to bed kinda guy and I’ve been too since the COVID. But he was watching Yellowstone and didn’t want to quit; same for me but Paris Murders. Sprout was here for a bit but left with the gf to be young. He told me his resolutions, I made some up. :mrgreen: I don’t have a whole lot to resolve anymore. We ended up seeing in the new year in spite of ourselves.

I hope 2022 is full of whatever it is you’ve missed the last few couple of years. Vote early and often.
Chilidog

Happy New Year 2022

Post by Chilidog »

Happy Yom Kippur to all my Jewish friends.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Happy New Year 2022

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Happy Yom Kipper to all who celebrate! (Thanks for the reminder Chilidog!)
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Happy New Year 2022

Post by Flatpoint High »

CHAG SIMCHAT TORAH!
simhat-torah_ani.gif
simhat-torah_ani.gif (113.45 KiB) Viewed 242 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Happy New Year 2022

Post by Foggy »

:like:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:

Return to “General Stuff”