Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
W. Kevin Vicklund

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:37 pm Technical legal question

On social media, I have run into someone who swears up and down that attachment C in this document is not a Grand Jury subpoena.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 48.1_7.pdf

If it's not a subpoena, then what is it?
See, it's not a Grand Jury Subpoena, it's a Subpoena to Testify Before a Grand Jury. Totally different, as any birther could tell you.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

June bug wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:55 pm

On social media, I have run into someone who swears up and down that attachment C in this document is not a Grand Jury subpoena.

Just a wild guess: It’s signed by Jay Bratt of the DOJ. Could the social media folks think it has to be signed by a judge?
No idea. It was FB. I blocked the guy because that level of stupidity is exhausting to deal with.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=ZKfs5x
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Needs a seal, duh.

770CFC52-EE59-490E-9578-7A6CDE3964F7.jpeg
770CFC52-EE59-490E-9578-7A6CDE3964F7.jpeg (52.25 KiB) Viewed 917 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm having trouble keeping up, so if this has already been discussed, apologies.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Seems attorney Alex was not a loose enough Cannon for DJT:

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:48 pm

Needs a seal, duh.

I believe the Denny's manager needs to put the parking validation stamp on it, too also.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:07 am
Greatgrey wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:48 pm

Needs a seal, duh.

I believe the Denny's manager needs to put the parking validation stamp on it, too also.
Don't forget the three cent stamp, the thumbprint in blood and the notary seal. Everyone knows that a Notary Public is one of the most powerful people in the world, second only to the county Sheriff.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Only when reviewed in a room filled with fringed flags.

Diamond in the back, sunroof top, makin the scene with a gangster lean, woohoo.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://wapo.st/3CxL6KS
Aides who had worked in Donald Trump’s White House were not surprised this summer when the FBI found highly classified material in boxes at Mar-a-Lago, mixed with news clippings and other items.

They’d seen such haphazard collections before.

During his four years in office, Trump never strictly followed the rules and customs for handling sensitive government documents, according to 14 officials from his administration, most of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss what they called Trump’s mishandling of classified information.

He took transcripts of his calls with foreign leaders as well as photos and charts used in his intelligence briefings to his private residence with no explanation. He demanded that letters he exchanged with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un be kept close at hand so he could show them off to visitors. Documents that would ordinarily be kept under lock and key mingled with piles of newspaper articles in Trump’s living quarters and in a dining room that he used as an informal office.
raison de arizona

Nobody cares. Tell it to the court or STFU.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: In a new interview tonight, Trump suggests the FBI or the National Archives planted or removed documents to frame him: “Who knows what was planted? Who knows what was put in there? Who knows what was taken out?”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Taking it to the Supremes!
APPLICATION TO VACATE THE ELEVENTH CIRCUIT’S STAY
OF AN ORDER ISSUED BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT
COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 22a283.pdf

Appeal to Clarence Thomas.
The applicant in this Court is Donald J. Trump, the Forty-Fifth President
of the United States of America (“President Trump”)
Mark Joseph Stern @mjs_DC wrote: Trump's lawyers ask the Supreme Court to reinstate the portion of Judge Cannon's order that directed the special master to review classified documents. Says the 11th Circuit lacked jurisdiction to limit the special master's authority.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:43 pm Taking it to the Supremes!
APPLICATION TO VACATE THE ELEVENTH CIRCUIT’S STAY
OF AN ORDER ISSUED BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT
COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 22a283.pdf

Appeal to Clarence Thomas.
The applicant in this Court is Donald J. Trump, the Forty-Fifth President
of the United States of America (“President Trump”)
Mark Joseph Stern @mjs_DC wrote: Trump's lawyers ask the Supreme Court to reinstate the portion of Judge Cannon's order that directed the special master to review classified documents. Says the 11th Circuit lacked jurisdiction to limit the special master's authority.
tsk ts tsk that is not what happened. They cancelled a portion of the overreach by the loose cannon. They had no word about the Special Masters workload. Apart that the lawyers are keeping very very quiet about those sections in the opinion that said the loose cannon was backfiring, no jurisdiction....
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I've given up most hope that he'll ever suffer repercussions like prison, but damn he'd better not get any government docs, classified or no, back.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Ya, but....

Didn't "Come on" Aileen strike down her own order for the Special Master to review the classified documents? Would she have to then reverse the reversal?

:rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :stars: :stars: :stars:
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:28 pm I've given up most hope that he'll ever suffer repercussions like prison, but damn he'd better not get any government docs, classified or no, back.
realist

Post by realist »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 pm Wow, that is whiny.
And irrelevant.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Also.

I realize that sometimes Marcy Wheeler can be a bit overblown, but she did notice something interesting.

In the Sept 1 status hearing, the Government did offer to return some documents identified by the filter review team.
MR. HAWK: Your Honor, if I may.

THE COURT: Yes.

MR. HAWK: We would like to seek permission to provide copies — the proposal that we offered, Your Honor, provide copies to counsel of the 64 sets of the materials that are Bates stamped so they have the opportunity to start reviewing. THE COURT: I’m sorry, say that again, please.

MR. HAWK: The privilege review team would have provided Bates stamped copies of the 64 sets of documents to Plaintiff’s counsel. We would like to seek permission from Your Honor to be able to provide those now, not at this exact moment but to move forward to providing those so counsel has the opportunity to review them and understand and have the time to review and do their own analysis of those documents to come to their own conclusions. And if the filter process without a special master were allowed to proceed, we would engage with counsel and have conversations, determine if we can reach agreements; to the extent we couldn’t reach agreements, we would bring those before the Court, whether Your Honor or Judge Reinhart. But simply now, I’m seeking permission just to provide those documents to Plaintiff’s counsel.

THE COURT: All right. I’m going to reserve ruling on that request. I prefer to consider it holistically in the assessment of whether a special master is indeed appropriate for those privileged reviews. I think Mr. Bratt is hoping to get a few more minutes in.
Cannon declined to allow that.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/10/04/a ... -help-him/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm no lawyer, but does it work this way to appeal to one justice?

Not gonna read 296 pages.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (66.36 KiB) Viewed 409 times
tek

Post by tek »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:35 pm Image
So he's hoping for a reward to return the stuff he still hasn't coughed up?

I haz confuzed.

Also, pretty much none of this is "my documents"
tek

Post by tek »

Kendra wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:44 pm I'm no lawyer, but does it work this way to appeal to one justice?

Thomas is the justice assigned to the 11th circuit.
Handy, no?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
NARA loses hard drive with Clinton-era sensitive data

By BEN BAIN
MAY 20, 2009

The National Archives and Records Administration is missing an external hard drive with the personally identifiable information of some Clinton administration officials and White House visitors.

An external hard drive with personally identifiable information from the Executive Office of the President during the Clinton administration is missing from a National Archives and Records Administration facility near Washington, government officials have said.

The missing device has copies of electronic storage tapes with data about White House staff members and visitors from the Clinton era, and the amount of personal information missing isn't known, NARA said in a statement released May 19. The agency's inspector general is investigating the incident. Officials said staff members confirmed that the hard drive went missing in early April, and they subsequently informed agency officials, the Homeland Security Department's U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team and Clinton's representative.

NARA also said it will issue a breach notification to people affected by the loss, and it has reviewed its internal controls and improved security processes.

https://gcn.com/cybersecurity/2009/05/n ... ta/288151/
Off Topic
Missing drive had no original Clinton records, says National Archives
Agency offers $50,000 for info on drive's whereabouts

By Jaikumar Vijayan
Computerworld | MAY 20, 2009 5:59 PM PST

No original Clinton administration records were stored on an external hard drive missing at the U.S. National Archives and Recording Administration (NARA), the agency said this afternoon.

The NARA has offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of the hard drive. The Archives has all of the original tapes and a backup hard drive containing the same information on the missing drive, meaning no data has been permanently lost.

The agency on Tuesday disclosed that an external hard drive believed to contain nearly 1TB of data from the Clinton Administration -- some of it sensitive information -- had gone missing.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

tek wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:48 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:44 pm I'm no lawyer, but does it work this way to appeal to one justice?

Thomas is the justice assigned to the 11th circuit.
Handy, no?
Ahhh, that answers my question then. Very convenient.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I would love it if the Supreme Court took a page from the Ukranians and replied with a three word denial:

Fuck off Donald.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”